2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Correct. Their biggest wart is lack of good pitching outside of him and it’s probably going to end their season in the next few days.

Stranger things have happened but this isn't a team built to come out of the losers bracket. They'd be death as front runners but Wake just fucked that all up.

13 hours ago, Augustus said:

Yeah, I've been puzzled the last few days hearing animosity toward Wake for here and there.  How on earth does anyone have any opinions about Wake one way or the other, especially emotionally charged opinions?

They're just kind of there. 

Which is actually what makes it fun to root for them.  Same with Coastal several years back.

Yeah out of who is left, if ORU can’t win it, no problem with Wake

Wake or Oral Bob - cool cool cool, new blood or, for Wake, first time in a long ass time 

TCU - we compete against them in recruiting in state and fuck them roaches 

Tenn, LSU, UF - fuck the SEC, won’t root for any of them even when we join 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 9

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah out of who is left, if ORU can’t win it, no problem with Wake

Wake or Oral Bob - cool cool cool, new blood or, for Wake, first time in a long ass time 

TCU - we compete against them in recruiting in state and fuck them roaches 

Tenn, LSU, UF - fuck the SEC, won’t root for any of them even when we join 

He Gets It Kieran Culkin GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Hook 'Em 2

I just love how shaggy thinks sec sec is all puppies and hand jobs.   Like all conferences, there is not a lot of love lost between schools.  Vandy *might* be the exception, because it's funny when teams lose to Vandy...  checks 2022 results.   Nevermind fuck those nerds!

The Mendoza Line is .200. 
Texas hit .293 as a team.

Yes but did see all those sub-200 hitters that we had that almost never played?

There was Hoffart and his two ABs. OHara with 7. Ha, I didn’t realize Ace batted .111 but 7 RBIs in 18 ABs.

Don’t include Cam though because he finished 3-6. And he was at the Mendoza line.

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

LOL at the thought of conference pride.

91363186-C833-4A56-AACF-3159EA49B7D7.gif.d50032c38edf960dcefda333f38c0455.gif

You may not have noticed <cough, cough> but banging that strong conference gong gets SEC SEC SEC underserved rankings and respect.  Which translates to better bowls and playoff and seeding rankings.   Not Fair?   Bwahaha.  I care why?  You are about to reap the benefit of that as well - now that the Big-12 Big Boys joined the aforesaid overrated conference.  (granted, our overall conference baseball strength is likely the best conference no matter the ESPN blowjobs.  You joining is chef’s kiss awesome to anyone who likes baseball) 

1 hour ago, locodos said:

I just love how shaggy thinks sec sec is all puppies and hand jobs.   Like all conferences, there is not a lot of love lost between schools.  Vandy *might* be the exception, because it's funny when teams lose to Vandy...  checks 2022 results.   Nevermind fuck those nerds!

Welcome to the party, pal! 

• Haha 1

91363186-C833-4A56-AACF-3159EA49B7D7.gif.d50032c38edf960dcefda333f38c0455.gif
You may not have noticed but banging that strong conference gong gets SEC SEC SEC underserved rankings and respect.  Which translates to better bowls and playoff and seeding rankings.   Not Fair?   Bwahaha.  I care why?  You are about to reap the benefit of that as well - now that the Big-12 Big Boys joined the aforesaid overrated conference.  (granted, our overall conference baseball strength is likely the best conference no matter the ESPN blowjobs.  You joining is chef’s kiss awesome to anyone who likes baseball) 

You’re right about this, but any conference that doesn’t play everybody is a shitty conference.

Just get on with 4 of 16 teams. Then let’s see how baseball falls out. Since peoples objectives is more eyeballs, might as well totally mimic the NFL.

The current format for baseball is quite good. The selection committee not always.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

You’re right about this, but any conference that doesn’t play everybody is a shitty conference.

Just get on with 4 of 16 teams. Then let’s see how baseball falls out. Since peoples objectives is more eyeballs, might as well totally mimic the NFL.

The current format for baseball is quite good. The selection committee not always.

A three game series with all every other of the 15 SEC schools is 45 games.   Not much room for our annual FSU and Miami series.   So maybe 7 three game series with all your fellow east (or west) division teams - and maybe half (4) the other division would be 33 conf games??  Play the other 4 non-division the next year, alternating.  That opens up non-conference game dates.   

I agree playing more is better.  But traveling for one or two games is not optimal, nor is playing 15 conf opponents in  a three game series doable if you want OOC rivalries and rpi games. 

I have no idea how to make it not suck. 

There’s nothing you can do about it. 10-12 conferences are done. 10 is ideal for my preferences but that doesn’t matter. Otherwise you have unbalanced schedules. Unbalanced schedules render conference championships flawed. These are less important as times passes. Play for the national title not the conference one.

In all sports I like the non conference aspect of it. You can’t give all that up for 45 baseball games.

It is what it is.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

LOL at the thought of conference pride.

That, but, idiots here go to opposite extremes and it’s pathetic. I don’t want LSU to win for obvious reason. Other than that, I don’t care. Would love to see Frogs/ORU play Wake in the final for the newness. 

But I’m not rooting against Fla or particularly Tenn. Don’t be fatuous Jeffrey. 

12 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

That, but, idiots here go to opposite extremes and it’s pathetic. I don’t want LSU to win for obvious reason. Other than that, I don’t care. Would love to see Frogs/ORU play Wake in the final for the newness. 

But I’m not rooting against Fla or particularly Tenn. Don’t be fatuous Jeffrey. 

if I wasn’t a gator, I would be rooting for Bob just because it might be another 30 years before they get back there. 

Fuck TCU but I have personal issues with ORU so I cannot sleep until they are out of this fucking thing. I'd rather fucking OU have won last year than ORU win this year. I'm already pissed they were sent to Stillwater as a 4 seed. We weren't going to win it either way, but fuck ORU, forever.

8 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

Fuck TCU but I have personal issues with ORU so I cannot sleep until they are out of this fucking thing. I'd rather fucking OU have won last year than ORU win this year. I'm already pissed they were sent to Stillwater as a 4 seed. We weren't going to win it either way, but fuck ORU, forever.

go frogs 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, nnm said:

Oral Bob catcher singing soprano. 

the sopranos hbo GIF

12 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

Interested Go On GIF by MOODMAN

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

For my bucket list, I want to go to CWS next year if the Horns make it there.  Anyone know the hotel the Texas fans and/or team usually stay at?

my dad has been several times, all he does is rave about those trips. he's a ut fan, but says it's worth even if ut isn't in it