2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

How will Arch handle the heat during the 1st game next year that will be or may not be the hottest someone can remember from past games?
Isn't that something for Kirby or little Nicky to worry about? That's what I've been told by $9.99'ers. (inflation)

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I wonder who Klatt thinks will win B12? He's basically stepped back on Texas this year because he's picked them in past and been really burnt...

Here's Klatt... Does not say he picks us.  Won't trust Texas till they do it.  Says watch out for k-state

Is it the Texas Longhorns' year to win the Big 12? | Joel Klatt Show

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jaray Bledsoe is essentially the third string 3-tech. Last year Vernon Broughton had over 200 snaps in that role. This year Broughton moves up to second string. You can expect Bledsoe to see a good amount of snaps this year. He’s still an interior lineman but has lined up at 5-tech when in a three-man front similar to Alfred Collins. The staff likes Bledsoe inside because he can just pin his ears back and play.

I'm assuming the 3-tech order is Collins-Broughton-Bledsoe and that'd make the 1-tech Murphy-Sweat-Mitchell, then where is Trill Carter?  Unless im wrong on something.

I just listened to the state of program video. Now I understand your confusion and share it. I believe Nahlin said Collins is the starter at 3 tech and Murphy will start next to him. Depth chart at 3 tech being Collins, Broughton, and Bledsoe.  That would leave Murphy, Sweat, Trill, and Bryant at 1 tech. I am not sure if he just misspoke, because you would think that is major news. 

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I just listened to the state of program video. Now I understand your confusion and share it. I believe Nahlin said Collins is the starter at 3 tech and Murphy will start next to him. Depth chart at 3 tech being Collins, Broughton, and Bledsoe.  That would leave Murphy, Sweat, Trill, and Bryant at 1 tech. I am not sure if he just misspoke, because you would think that is major news. 

Yeah it was interesting to hear Broughton had 200 snaps last year, and likely gets more this season.  Nahlin mentioned maybe 15-20 snaps per game are a possibility this yr for Bledsoe.

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah it was interesting to hear Broughton had 200 snaps last year, and likely gets more this season.  Nahlin mentioned maybe 15-20 snaps per game are a possibility this yr for Bledsoe.

Just a bit odd. Collins starting at DT is kind of big deal. Just a couple days ago, they were saying he was playing on the edge. I think everyone was under the assumption the first pair of DTs would be Murphy and Sweat followed by Collins and Trill. Based on what Nahlin said in that video, it’s completely different (Murphy/Collins, Sweat/Broughton, and the Trill or Sydir with Bledsoe). That’s why I am not sure he didn’t misspeak on the video or perhaps I didn’t hear it correctly 

Edited by Codaxx

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Texas was a top 10 quality team last year before major roster upgrades in the offseason.

high quality GIF

I mean, yeah, by pure star ratings, maybe? Possibly?

But when those stars in the upper classmen have critical gaps in many positions (and definitely not so much on the lines), and are generally weighted towards a lot of Freshmen who are early in their development curve... No, not so much.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Sal said:

Not that this is news to anyone, but ESPN’s CFB coverage is ******* awful

Fox has worse people but better coverage. Maybe it’s just Klatt that I like. 
I like how he embarrasses Cowherd regularly. 

Cowherd does only talk about Michigan, Ohio state, USC, and Texas. In that order. 

35 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

high quality GIF

But when those stars in the upper classmen have critical gaps in many positions (and definitely not so much on the lines), and are generally weighted towards a lot of Freshmen who are early in their development curve... No, not so much.

Look at the chart Huckleberry quoted.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I did. And if games were won and lost by adjusted yards per play, we'd have won more games than we did.

Literally the fucking point, Jesus fucking Christ. You need to spend less time here, it’s like you sink to the level. 

Lol, codaxx likes your post. Bad At Math Rain Man. Time to read slower or make some different life choices. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

So why oh why are we the outlier?

Our offense was generally abysmal in the fourth quarter. I was listening to an episode of Longhorn Blitz a couple weeks back and he had some split stats showing we were truly terrible as a fourth quarter offense. That along with going 2-5 in one score games will make you an outlier. The real question is whether we will regress to the mean, or if there are Sark/Ewers issues that will cause it to happen again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

high quality GIF

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I did. And if games were won and lost by adjusted yards per play, we'd have won more games than we did.

51 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Because, believe it or not, we actually overperformed last year, given the talent and experience on hand.

You are impressively doltish on this topic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Our offense was generally abysmal in the fourth quarter. I was listening to an episode of Longhorn Blitz a couple weeks back and he had some split stats showing we were truly terrible as a fourth quarter offense. That along with going 2-5 in one score games will make you an outlier. The real question is whether we will regress to the mean, or if there are Sark/Ewers issues that will cause it to happen again. 

Well maybe get way up in that upper right corner for 10 wins this year.

But damn if your comment didn’t feel like 2021. Poor 4Q offense and poor in one score games.
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think I saw those stats. It was something like we were in the 100 ranks in 3rd and 4th down offense and like 120 in 4th quarter offense 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think I saw those stats. It was something like we were in the 100 ranks in 3rd and 4th down offense and like 120 in 4th quarter offense 

Yeah it was something terrible like that, and we otherwise had around a top 10 offense in other situations. 

11 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Well maybe get way up in that upper right corner for 10 wins this year.

But damn if your comment didn’t feel like 2021. Poor 4Q offense and poor in one score games.

Yeah, it very well may be a Sark issue. His inability to adjust in-game certainly contributes to it, but I could also see those numbers turning around at least to some extent. We’ll have an answer this year, though. The team is too talented for it to happen again and not be a Sark issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah it was something terrible like that, and we otherwise had around a top 10 offense in other situations. 

Yeah, it very well may be a Sark issue. His inability to adjust in-game certainly contributes to it, but I could also see those numbers turning around at least to some extent. We’ll have an answer this year, though. The team is too talented for it to happen again and not be a Sark issue. 

Maybe. Or maybe we had essentially a true freshman QB or a backup jag playing behind a very young offensive line with a decimated wide receiver room-  none of which should be an issue this year. 
If he does it again it’s fair to say it’s probably him. I loved what he did at Bama and USC and we now have that type of team again in Austin for the first time in 15 years. 
we shall see. Put up or shut up. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Literally the fucking point, Jesus fucking Christ. You need to spend less time here, it’s like you sink to the level. 

Lol, codaxx likes your post. Bad At Math Rain Man. Time to read slower or make some different life choices. 

it's like you've forgotten who you're talking to or something

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe. Or maybe we had essentially a true freshman QB or a backup jag playing behind a very young offensive line with a decimated wide receiver room-  none of which should be an issue this year. 
If he does it again it’s fair to say it’s probably him. I loved what he did at Bama and USC and we now have that type of team again in Austin for the first time in 15 years. 
we shall see. Put up or shut up. 

All those things were true in the other three quarters

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

It was a combination of poor 4th qtr results for both the offense and defense.  Hopefully both sides of the ball significantly improve 2nd half results this year...

Horns need to really kick some asses this final year in the B12 🤘

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

All those things were true in the other three quarters

The young team also got the first half scripted for them, which came as a surprise to the other team and allowed them to be successful. 
look- sark had zero problem pouring it on with a talented Bama team nor stepping on other peoples necks and he had some absolutely brilliantly designed play calls and plays. We had seriously lacking talent in a lot of places at texas. You could see multiple times, where sark took his shot with a perfectly designed play call and play design and his guys blew it. The idea that some of y’all have that sark can’t play call or make adjustments (offensively) is silly to me. 
now- if you want to say all that gets in the way of him managing a game, or overseeing Pete AJ and telling him- let’s play some press on 4th and 2 because we are getting gashed and can’t get off the field in Lubbock then sure, I agree. 
hut, the fact that he couldn’t generate a ton of point agains the red raiders in jihad mode without Quinn and Worhy just doesn’t register on my list

if shit to be afraid of. Like I said- we will see. Him building up all the talent in this program to the point it is at right now will take away every excuse he’s had up to this point. 
Its what good coaches do- acquire talent, build a culture, develop and then overwhelm other teams with their talent. 

• Hook 'Em 7

39 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The young team also got the first half scripted for them, which came as a surprise to the other team and allowed them to be successful. 
look- sark had zero problem pouring it on with a talented Bama team nor stepping on other peoples necks and he had some absolutely brilliantly designed play calls and plays. We had seriously lacking talent in a lot of places at texas. You could see multiple times, where sark took his shot with a perfectly designed play call and play design and his guys blew it. The idea that some of y’all have that sark can’t play call or make adjustments (offensively) is silly to me. 
now- if you want to say all that gets in the way of him managing a game, or overseeing Pete AJ and telling him- let’s play some press on 4th and 2 because we are getting gashed and can’t get off the field in Lubbock then sure, I agree. 
hut, the fact that he couldn’t generate a ton of point agains the red raiders in jihad mode without Quinn and Worhy just doesn’t register on my list

if shit to be afraid of. Like I said- we will see. Him building up all the talent in this program to the point it is at right now will take away every excuse he’s had up to this point. 
Its what good coaches do- acquire talent, build a culture, develop and then overwhelm other teams with their talent. 

a) that isn’t English

b) there is no such thing as a fully scripted half

c) youth could well have been the issue in the 4th

d) Seven Win Steve has acknowledged his own culpability in the second half last year

e) it all comes out in the wash in 2023. either the problem vanishes or the problem is getting paid $5M and will be gone after the 2024 season with more failure piles of sadness stacked on us in 2023 and 2024 second halves. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1