2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The point is, players of a certain talent immediately transcend above other, more experienced players. That’s the level of talent we should always hope to bring in, and unlike Tom Herman’s dumb ass, get them on the field immediately. 

I’ve loved me some Brooks, what little we’ve seen, but here’s a reminder about expectations of the program, his offer list:

IMG_1851.jpeg

I whole heartily agree that the best should play/start. I just hope 3 years in the program is actually building players. If this Ced B is like the last Ced B then I’ll eat my crow with a smile. 

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Which goes back to my original statement, and still supports my view about expectations.

But just like foreman, when brooks gets in the game he gets yards.  So maybe put away the recruiting rankings and offer lists at this point and go by what he’s done on the field for Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

But just like foreman, when brooks gets in the game he gets yards.  So maybe put away the recruiting rankings and offer lists at this point and go by what he’s done on the field for Texas. 

You’re dense. I’m not limiting his potential based on his recruiting rankings, I’m limiting the expectations based on where the player started. 

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You’re dense. I’m not limiting his potential based on his recruiting rankings, I’m limiting the expectations based on where the player started. 

Remember when we were excited about Kyle Porter? We have come a long way and I’m sharing perspective!

Murphy is going to get so much media hype next season for whichever SEC school takes him. He'll light up offseason videos and north east western state while Manning starts at Michigan in his 2nd game. I'm sure some here will bitch and moan if he struggles out of the gate while Murphy is lighting it up against nobodies. 

• Rage+1 1

Brooks has trouble staying healthy. We will need all 4 backs 
I could see at least 5 different backs getting significant touches as the season wears on. We forget about Red but it sounds like he runs angry and zero fucks given about his health. That could be deadly to a tired defense in the 4th quarter.

Murphy is going to get so much media hype next season for whichever SEC school takes him. He'll light up offseason videos and north east western state while Manning starts at Michigan in his 2nd game. I'm sure some here will bitch and moan if he struggles out of the gate while Murphy is lighting it up against nobodies. 

Well, Murphy would likely have to sit a year if he transfers in-conference to another SEC school… So he’d be BIG bound.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I could see at least 5 different backs getting significant touches as the season wears on. We forget about Red but it sounds like he runs angry and zero fucks given about his health. That could be deadly to a tired defense in the 4th quarter.

Pretty sure the IT guys said Red is struggling to “play school” and came to camp fat/out of shape…
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Pretty sure the IT guys said Red is struggling to “play school” and came to camp fat/out of shape…

We’ve seen this before.  Predictable headcases become headcases.  Doesn’t @closetojumping have to fist himself because Blue is still on the roster?   Let’s roll with Brooks/Baxter with a little Kelian mixed in and call it a day.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Well, Murphy would likely have to sit a year if he transfers in-conference to another SEC school… So he’d be BIG bound.

That’s not a thing anymore. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-passes-rule-allowing-immediate-eligibility-for-intraconference-transfers-starting-in-2021-season/amp/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We’ve seen this before.  Predictable headcases become headcases.  Doesn’t [mention=429]closetojumping[/mention] have to fist himself because Blue is still on the roster?   Let’s roll with Brooks/Baxter with a little Kelian mixed in and call it a day.  
Quite a few aggy geniuses think they'll snag Murphy for next season after he watches the glorious JimBobby offense in action and Arch is "given" the starting job after the spring game.
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This team has to prove it can stop the run again before I will predict anything.  The edges of the defense (DE, OLB)  are not proven. 

I hear you on that concern. I believe the adjustments with Burke and Sorell and situational adjustments of Collins and Hill will address that issue. It does appear staff acknowledges this weakness and at least have a plan. I’m going with buy not sell at this point!

27 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, 6th Street said:
Brooks has trouble staying healthy. We will need all 4 backs 

I really don’t see that. Baxter and Brooks are the only 3 down backs on the roster. Red may fit in there, but he has had a tough summer. Keilan and Blue are 3rd down backs, change pace guys. Maybe those guys go off in a game like Rice, when the OL dominates. I can’t see them getting a lot of carries vs high end defenses, where you need guys that can get that extra yard or 2 after contact 

I really don’t see that. Baxter and Brooks are the only 3 down backs on the roster. Red may fit in there, but he has had a tough summer. Keilan and Blue are 3rd down backs, change pace guys. Maybe those guys go off in a game like Rice, when the OL dominates. I can’t see them getting a lot of carries vs high end defenses, where you need guys that can get that extra yard or 2 after contact 
I hope the Brooks/Baxter combo get the majority of carries combined with KRob on passing downs, but with Baxter being a true Freshman (it took Bijan a full season to get comfortable blocking pass rushers) and Brooks being injury prone I can see Choice trying out several combos throughout the season. I really don't care as long as it's effective and keeps us from being one dimensional on offense.

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Not necessarily. Texas doesn’t officially join the SEC until after the 2024 Spring semester. He can transfer this December or even wait until after Spring ball next year and it wouldn’t be considered an inter-conference transfer.  

1 hour ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Not necessarily. Texas doesn’t officially join the SEC until after the 2024 Spring semester. He can transfer this December or even wait until after Spring ball next year and it wouldn’t be considered an inter-conference transfer.  

Do we need a refresher for intra vs inter?

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas Defense has to generate more turnovers for the Horns to blowout more teams this year...

A healthy Catalon plus AntHill hopefully helps in the turnover department.  Manny Muhammad may really surprise too...

Somebody came up with a slightly different description: turnarounds.  INTs and fumble recoveries are part of those, but so are 3&outs, kick/punt blocks, 4th-down stops, big sacks, big returns, explosive plays. I like it, because it involves all three teams and gives errbody a boost when we do one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I have zero problem with Jett Bush as the backup to Ford. Other than being a white walk-on, I'm not sure why he gets shit on as much as he does. 

Other than he is small, slow and not a good football player I see no reason to criticize his play on the field. If you really think he is our first linebacker off the bench if Ford gets hurt, you should join Ian Boyd in a discussion of linebacker talent because he will be the only one who agrees with you. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Other than he is small, slow and not a good football player I see no reason to criticize his play on the field. If you really think he is our first linebacker off the bench if Ford gets hurt, you should join Ian Boyd in a discussion of linebacker talent because he will be the only one who agrees with you. 

He's 6'2" 240.

• Like 5