2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

8 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

My main concern with Brooks is blitz pickup and overall pass blocking.  Roschon was really good there and Bijan worked on that hard after his freshman season.  We are going to take a serious step back there to start the season I expect.  Considering how many times the backs were called upon to assist the OL in passing situations, and we STILL gave up play breaking pressure on Ewers, I don't think the passing game will become elite until a #1 rb emerges that will do it all at least at above average levels.  Vision, ball security, hands, and blocking.  That said, I expect that guy to be Baxter over Brooks maybe by mid season or towards the end of the season

Brooks is supposed to be excellent at blocking, at least in practice. It's part of why he's starting over Baxter to start the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I think a lot is riding on the passing game making that jump and being elite this year. All the things are in place, just need ewers to make it real.

On defense, I like fumbles and interceptions, but getting off the field on 3rd down is a turnover too. Good metrics might be scores/possession and td/fg ratio.

Texas has a good defense without any real disrupters, that isnt easy to accomplish (unless you are Georgia and have 11 NFL draft picks). Texas had 1 NFL DB on the field last year (Barron, Watts isnt playing CB in the NFL) and was poor getting sacks.  It isnt shocking they didnt excel in passing situations. Texas just finished +2 in Turnover Margin, despite finishing 13th in turnovers lost. That is a waste. If the secondary improves, I think we will see more havoc plays this year. That will really help in getting off the field. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

100% accurate.  gmr has nailed exactly why i think you people with floor expectations of ten wins for a team coached by a guy who has never lost fewer than four games and a team that lost one of the most talented football players ever are slightly delusional.  bijan (outside of the o.t. against tech) was utterly extraordinary.  if he had the 2005-2008 offensive lines (hell, even the 98-04 lines)...people would remember his name forever.  you can't derive much info from a bowl game but anyone who watched us in that game against washington should have immediately thought "holy shit, bijan robinson was incredible."  nothing brooks has done so far has bolstered any notion that he is even 70% of what bijan was.  our pass blocking line last year was very respectable.  their true blue run blocking was fucking horrible across the board.  they should certainly be better this year but they have a long ass way to go and if we are going to win ten games, the line has got to make that jump.
on defense, i remain skeptical about every single element of it until we can stop tech from converting 3rd and 30 and 4th and 25 and put in a little effort in the second half of games.  until we can keep punk ass washington from going 13/23 on 3rd and 4th down, i will reserve going beyond hope.  really hope anthony hill is a game changer.

On offense, my hope is we lean less on the running game this year and let the yards come naturally within the offense. But that requires a big step up in passing game efficiency and effectiveness, for which there is non-delusional hope due to many reasons already listed.

On defense, I agree the inability to get off the field was the worst thing that plagued the whole team last year. Long 3rd down conversions and 4th down give away a we’re horrible and worse than missing a few fumbles/interceptions in my opinion. Got to fix that, and I think part of it is better secondary players (upgrades for cook and Jamison) will lead to better secondary play, which will lead to more sacks and stops.

Also, don’t get baited by the idea that bc someone has never lost fewer than 4 games that somehow impacts the probability that they wont do better than that this year. What sark did in previous seasons has zero to do with what will happen this year, outside of the continuity of the team/scheme/staff.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Brooks is supposed to be excellent at blocking, at least in practice. It's part of why he's starting over Baxter to start the season.

He is older and should be stronger at this point.  It's anecdotal either way however, and the RB 1v1 LB video posted recently showed Brooks getting ragdolled by Blackwell, which is part of what formed my perspective.  If reports say otherwise that's good to hear

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

What are these percentages? 27.1% of the time we got a stop on 3rd &7+ ?

nathan fillion castle GIF

46 minutes ago, The Dog said:

TCU beat us by basically saying "we'll take away Biijan and you aren't good enough to throw on us" - and they were right.

Not really. They beat us by showing light boxes and crashing hard on the run. Sark tried to run into it and attacked the middle and deep of the field, while TCU was leaving the quick outside stuff lightly covered. It took Sark well into the third quarter to luck into figuring this out by throwing a WR screen that Whittington broke for a long run.
That loss had nothing to do with us not being good enough to throw on them. It was just an utter failure by Sark as the OC. He was absolutely pathetic in that game.  Misdirection and quick hitting outside throws  carved them up and we should’ve won that game easily with the way our defense was playing. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Not really. They beat us by showing light boxes and crashing hard on the run. Sark tried to run into it and attacked the middle and deep of the field, while TCU was leaving the quick outside stuff lightly covered. It took Sark well into the third quarter to luck into figuring this out by throwing a WR screen that Whittington broke for a long run.
That loss had nothing to do with us not being good enough to throw on them. It was just an utter failure by Sark as the OC. He was absolutely pathetic in that game.  Misdirection and quick hitting outside throws  carved them up and we should’ve won that game easily with the way our defense was playing. 

You don’t buy the play tipping concerns?

Recall the rumors that they changed all their terminology this off-season bc of those concerns, particularly that game .

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

nathan fillion castle GIF

Yes. This is exactly my comment on the offense finding a way to have an efficient passing attack. Sark thought his unbalanced adjustment was the answer vs the 3-3-5. Worked vs 2 teams with better 3-3-5 defenses, but people adjust. The answer cant just be to chuck it deep, especially when TCU's CB were winning vs Worthy. Sark is great at having a concept or 2 to get an open deep shot, but he needs to find a few  passing short to medium passing concepts that Texas can reliably execute. 

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Went back and watched all brooks Carrie’s from last year and the dude is talented. I think there is a general overreaction to the new rbs this year. Brooks looks like he is better than roschon and worse than bijan, and we should have better running opportunities for him bc the expected improved passing game will stress the defense differently from last opening up lanes for brooks.

I will be surprised if our total rushing yards are significantly down from last year, and won’t be surprised if they are up.

Brooks is plenty good enough and has shown enough with his opportunities to make the idea of us not being able to run the ball pretty silly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm convinced Quinn was still hurt for most of the second half of the season.  Accuracy issues have not really been a thing with him at any other point in his career.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he took a month off and suddenly was much more accurate on his long passes in the bowl game.

Steven Godfrey alluded to a hand injury Ewers was dealing with around that time period in the most recent Split Zone Duo podcast. 

37 minutes ago, sidis said:

not much for the hand sign discussion but tennessee guy in this got me.  hilarious.

100% accurate.  gmr has nailed exactly why i think you people with floor expectations of ten wins for a team coached by a guy who has never lost fewer than four games and a team that lost one of the most talented football players ever are slightly delusional.  bijan (outside of the o.t. against tech) was utterly extraordinary.  if he had the 2005-2008 offensive lines (hell, even the 98-04 lines)...people would remember his name forever.  you can't derive much info from a bowl game but anyone who watched us in that game against washington should have immediately thought "holy shit, bijan robinson was incredible."  nothing brooks has done so far has bolstered any notion that he is even 70% of what bijan was.  our pass blocking line last year was very respectable.  their true blue run blocking was fucking horrible across the board.  they should certainly be better this year but they have a long ass way to go and if we are going to win ten games, the line has got to make that jump.

on defense, i remain skeptical about every single element of it until we can stop tech from converting 3rd and 30 and 4th and 25 and put in a little effort in the second half of games.  until we can keep punk ass washington from going 13/23 on 3rd and 4th down, i will reserve going beyond hope.  really hope anthony hill is a game changer.

I think I agree with you, but I can't read most of it. One thing I do know is if tech goes 6/8 on 4th down again I'll personally be in Sark's office punching him and Coach K in the face.

And, IF, which is a big IF, Quinn can improve accuracy significantly teams won't be stacking the box. No one can use lack of WR's this year as an excuse unless there's a rash on injuries. 

And yes, Sark has to adjust. He wouldn't pass to open up a stacked box against tech or tcu. And Quinn shoulda sat and learned in the second half of the okie lite game. Any good coach will tell you if a person is lost, the best thing is for them to sit and watch. Card's worst game ever woulda been better than what Quinn did that day.

6 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

And yes, Sark has to adjust. He wouldn't pass to open up a stacked box against tech or tcu. And Quinn shoulda sat and learned in the second half of the okie lite game. Any good coach will tell you if a person is lost, the best thing is for them to sit and watch. Card's worst game ever woulda been better than what Quinn did that day.

We all saw the Arkansas game. Let's call it a wash.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

I'm convinced Quinn was still hurt for most of the second half of the season.  Accuracy issues have not really been a thing with him at any other point in his career.
I don't think it's a coincidence that he took a month off and suddenly was much more accurate on his long passes in the bowl game.
Not 100% convinced, but I think this as well. Pretty sure at some point either during or after BlowU he reinjured his clavicle or whatever the original issue was.

Edit- injuries that don't keep players out of games are guarded better than anything at the CIA/NSA etc...and sometimes we won't even be told after the season is over.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I wouldn't call it a wash against the probability of what Card woulda done last year. Against arky he was a Freshman and his stats in that game, his worst, were still better than Quinn's vs okie lite. And I think anyone would agree he improved significantly last year. Even Sam sucked his Freshman year.

Went back and watched all brooks Carrie’s from last year and the dude is talented. I think there is a general overreaction to the new rbs this year. Brooks looks like he is better than roschon and worse than bijan, and we should have better running opportunities for him bc the expected improved passing game will stress the defense differently from last opening up lanes for brooks.

I will be surprised if our total rushing yards are significantly down from last year, and won’t be surprised if they are up.

Brooks got meaningful Carrie’s in one game and the results were meh. Do you think Bijan goes 6/18 against Washington? RoJo? The sanple size is miniscule so it would be silly to say he’s a JAG based on that but it’s illustrative of the step back.

No doubt he, and Baxter, and Kielan, are talented - they are D1 football players for a reason; but if you think he or anyone else in that room today is not going to be a step back from having Bijan fucking Robinson paired with another NFL draft pick, I politely suggest you put down the kool aid.

On offense, my hope is we lean less on the running game this year and let the yards come naturally within the offense. But that requires a big step up in passing game efficiency and effectiveness, for which there is non-delusional hope due to many reasons already listed.

On defense, I agree the inability to get off the field was the worst thing that plagued the whole team last year. Long 3rd down conversions and 4th down give away a we’re horrible and worse than missing a few fumbles/interceptions in my opinion. Got to fix that, and I think part of it is better secondary players (upgrades for cook and Jamison) will lead to better secondary play, which will lead to more sacks and stops.

Also, don’t get baited by the idea that bc someone has never lost fewer than 4 games that somehow impacts the probability that they wont do better than that this year. What sark did in previous seasons has zero to do with what will happen this year, outside of the continuity of the team/scheme/staff.

I think I agree with you, but I can't read most of it. One thing I do know is if tech goes 6/8 on 4th down again I'll personally be in Sark's office punching him and Coach K in the face.
And, IF, which is a big IF, Quinn can improve accuracy significantly teams won't be stacking the box. No one can use lack of WR's this year as an excuse unless there's a rash on injuries. 

The thing is everyone knows Texas is going to lean on the pass. They have a ton of talent out there catching passes, a QB that can make NFL throws, and a line that’s proven it can protect the QB quite well. Light boxes and flooding the defensive backfield won’t be an adjustment, they’ll be standard procedure. Teams will take their chances with Texas running the ball, mixing in some stunts and disguised pressures as Burt Macklin pointed out, and my contention is that it’s not at all a given they’ll be able to punish that approach against teams with good fronts.

Maybe they will, and ifthey can, hoo boy. We’re in business. But if not there are going to be more frustrating offensive games than seems to be the expectation.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Brooks got meaningful Carrie’s in one game and the results were meh. Do you think Bijan goes 6/18 against Washington? RoJo? The sanple size is miniscule so it would be silly to say he’s a JAG based on that but it’s illustrative of the step back.

No doubt he, and Baxter, and Kielan, are talented - they are D1 football players for a reason; but if you think he or anyone else in that room today is not going to be a step back from having Bijan fucking Robinson paired with another NFL draft pick, I politely suggest you put down the kool aid.

The thing is everyone knows Texas is going to lean on the pass. They have a ton of talent out there catching passes, a QB that can make NFL throws, and a line that’s proven it can protect the QB quite well. Light boxes and flooding the defensive backfield won’t be an adjustment, they’ll be standard procedure. Teams will take their chances with Texas running the ball, mixing in some stunts and disguised pressures as Burt Macklin pointed out, and my contention is that it’s not at all a given they’ll be able to punish that approach against teams with good fronts.

Maybe they will, and ifthey can, hoo boy. We’re in business. But if not there are going to be more frustrating offensive games than seems to be the expectation.

not sure I agree with that. 

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

i would posit @ iowa state as hudson's worst game.  i never thought i would see so many horrifically thrown deep balls by a qb in my life until the "ewers to worthy weekly shitshow of 2022" bingo game of how badly can one miss a wide open streaking wr was imposed by sark twice a game.

@KeysPhoneWallet, i am aware of independent events in probability theory.  but sark's coaching isn't a truly independent event in that sense.  it's not random.  if so, one could extend your logic to there being no basis to believe that charlie strong and david mcwilliams could not lead the 2023 horns to a national championship. sark has shown us who he is.  you are choosing to believe in him as a head coach despite the evidence instead of based on it.  and that's fine, i hope to fucking god you're right and that the light has finally gone off or that really good recruiting can finally overwhelm like it did for mack.  but he has a pretty significant body of work supporting him being a pretty mediocre gameday head coach...particularly after the first quarter of the game.  tcu last year was one of the worst coaching jobs i have ever seen.  

hopefully he's turned an invisible corner but this typical august koolaid shit of "oh, he's finally healthy; oh, he's finally playing his right position; oh, he looks like a grown ass man and been working hard this offseason; oh, show me a loss; oh this totally untested guy is going to be a huge upgrade over a four year started as a cb because he was a lofty recruit; oh, he's finally playing his natural position" stuff has been trotted out there for a long time now.  we lost to kansas at home because we couldn't cover a walk-on beau trahan wannabe.

to continue my debbie downer shit, i feel pretty similarly about quinn.  i currently have no reason to believe in him.  he played okay against washington but the baylor game, the okie state game, the tcu game...my god.  i am unfairly holding on to this but they all remind me of the SLC-Westlake state championship game and that performance is absolutely stuck in my head.  big arm, absolutely no discipline, completely quit on his team, caused countless turnovers, got their asses absolutely pounded despite very little talent gap.  if you could bottle up first quarter against alabama, i would be getting really psyched up.  but i sat there and watched him basically undo everything bijan did against baylor and thought to myself, what is the optimism based on at this point besides throwing pretty balls in drills?  again, would love, love love to be wrong.  

washington's total defense ranking last year was 60th and we rushed 14 times for 45 yards.  it's a single, small sample and it's a bowl game so not terribly helpful but also not a basis to assume we're just gonna keep trucking.

never hoped to be as wrong as the three preceding hot takes.  15 wins or bust!

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

i would posit @ iowa state as hudson's worst game.  i never thought i would see so many horrifically thrown deep balls by a qb in my life until the "ewers to worthy weekly shitshow of 2022" bingo game of how badly can one miss a wide open streaking wr was imposed by sark twice a game.

@KeysPhoneWallet, i am aware of independent events in probability theory.  but sark's coaching isn't a truly independent event in that sense.  it's not random.  if so, one could extend your logic to there being no basis to believe that charlie strong and david mcwilliams could not lead the 2023 horns to a national championship. sark has shown us who he is.  you are choosing to believe in him as a head coach despite the evidence instead of based on it.  and that's fine, i hope to fucking god you're right and that the light has finally gone off or that really good recruiting can finally overwhelm like it did for mack.  but he has a pretty significant body of work supporting him being a pretty mediocre gameday head coach...particularly after the first quarter of the game.  tcu last year was one of the worst coaching jobs i have ever seen.  

hopefully he's turned an invisible corner but this typical august koolaid shit of "oh, he's finally healthy; oh, he's finally playing his right position; oh, he looks like a grown ass man and been working hard this offseason; oh, show me a loss; oh this totally untested guy is going to be a huge upgrade over a four year started as a cb because he was a lofty recruit; oh, he's finally playing his natural position" stuff has been trotted out there for a long time now.  we lost to kansas at home because we couldn't cover a walk-on beau trahan wannabe.

to continue my debbie downer shit, i feel pretty similarly about quinn.  i currently have no reason to believe in him.  he played okay against washington but the baylor game, the okie state game, the tcu game...my god.  i am unfairly holding on to this but they all remind me of the SLC-Westlake state championship game and that performance is absolutely stuck in my head.  big arm, absolutely no discipline, completely quit on his team, caused countless turnovers, got their asses absolutely pounded despite very little talent gap.  if you could bottle up first quarter against alabama, i would be getting really psyched up.  but i sat there and watched him basically undo everything bijan did against baylor and thought to myself, what is the optimism based on at this point besides throwing pretty balls in drills?  again, would love, love love to be wrong.  

washington's total defense ranking last year was 60th and we rushed 14 times for 45 yards.  it's a single, small sample and it's a bowl game so not terribly helpful but also not a basis to assume we're just gonna keep trucking.

never hoped to be as wrong as the three preceding hot takes.  15 wins or bust!

Not sure I agree on Balyor game. 12/16 for 194 yards. Sark said he went to the run, because they could not protect the QB in that game. 

Southlake score as many pts at halftime (21) as any other opponent (North Shore) scored on Westlake all year. That defense averaged giving up 7.6 pts/game that year. SLC scored 34. You think that performance vs Westlake was bad?

22 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

He had a hernia, dude. Man was trying his best.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He had a hernia, dude. Man was trying his best.

I think it is safe to say Brooks appears to have enough talent to be a solid RB, but we have not seen it in a live situation yet. The bigger issue is can Brooks handle the work load of a featured RB. He has missed time in both seasons as a back-up RB. 

1 hour ago, sidis said:

not much for the hand sign discussion but tennessee guy in this got me.  hilarious.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Also, I’ll add that TCU and UDub are likely both wins if 5-star receivers catch the balls that hit them in the fucking hands. It was cold as balls at the TCU game, so yeah, that happens. But if we’d have been able to grind out those 2 games with receivers making easy catches, would the narrative re: Sark and Quinn be different? 

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

Steven Godfrey alluded to a hand injury Ewers was dealing with around that time period in the most recent Split Zone Duo podcast. 

170627E0-32A3-4720-B045-1E23DF6FD368.thumb.jpeg.a7cb7ee18978c7e53be361e560af5c62.jpeg

I thought it was weird when he started warming up in Stillwater with a glove on his throwing hand. Might be wrong, but I don’t think that is a normal part of his routine. Remember sending this to my brother saying the wind and glove were bad omens for the day… goddammit.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Also, I’ll add that TCU and UDub are likely both wins if 5-star receivers catch the balls that hit them in the fucking hands. It was cold as balls at the TCU game, so yeah, that happens. But if we’d have been able to grind out those 2 games with receivers making easy catches, would the narrative re: Sark and Quinn be different? 

If we win vs. TCU then we're in the Big 12 championship & then facing Bama in the Sugar Bowl so, yeah, I'd think that would change the narrative quite a bit.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

170627E0-32A3-4720-B045-1E23DF6FD368.thumb.jpeg.a7cb7ee18978c7e53be361e560af5c62.jpeg

I thought it was weird when he started warming up in Stillwater with a glove on his throwing hand. Might be wrong, but I don’t think that is a normal part of his routine. Remember sending this to my brother saying the wind and glove were bad omens for the day… goddammit.

His finger got shut in a door during the week leading up to the game, if I remember correctly.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

His finger got shut in a door during the week leading up to the game, if I remember correctly.

"My hand got shut in a door" is what I told my parents when I showed up to Thanksgiving in a cast after punching a wall. We went to the NC a couple months later. Maybe I should try it again...

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Not sure I agree on Balyor game. 12/16 for 194 yards. Sark said he went to the run, because they could not protect the QB in that game. 

Southlake score as many pts at halftime (21) as any other opponent (North Shore) scored on Westlake all year. That defense averaged giving up 7.6 pts/game that year. SLC scored 34. You think that performance vs Westlake was bad?

he was so bad that day that after he fucking fumbled the ball at our own 15 for a critical scoop and score that gave baylor a 27-24 lead, sark did the best coaching job of his entire career in my estimation and there was not a single offensive scrimmage play for the rest of the game (from 13:30 left in 4Q) in which he was not told to turn his ass around and give the fucking ball to 5 or 2 and get the fuck out of the way for three straight drives that ended in two touchdowns and the end of the game.

34 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

spacer.png

i know, i hated myself as soon as i hit submit.

on the positive wishcasting/speculation side, i have no reason not to believe that anthony hill will be this year's harold perkins.  god damn would that be awesome.  and i'm super psyched about our receivers and tight end.

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

he was so bad that day that after he fucking fumbled the ball at our own 15 for a critical scoop and score that gave baylor a 27-24 lead, sark did the best coaching job of his entire career in my estimation and there was not a single offensive scrimmage play for the rest of the game (from 13:30 left in 4Q) in which he was not told to turn his ass around and give the fucking ball to 5 or 2 and get the fuck out of the way for three straight drives that ended in two touchdowns and the end of the game.

i know, i hated myself as soon as i hit submit.

on the positive wishcasting/speculation side, i have no reason not to believe that anthony hill will be this year's harold perkins.  god damn would that be awesome.  and i'm super psyched about our receivers and tight end.

I saw the scoop and score. It was a bad decision, he way over-estimated his speed on that play. That was a free rusher from a 4 man rush with Texas keeping 7 in to block, that is just bad pass pro.  There were way too many examples of free rushers in that game. Aranda completely out-coached Flood in that game. Again Sark stated he went to the run game, because they could not protect the QB. It wasnt that Quinn was horrible in that game, it was Sark realizing the OL was putting a freshman QB in terrible position to succeed. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

A healthy Quinn is a helluva QB.
Our IOL will be better - not sure how much - by virtue of experience, another year of S&C and another year with Flood.
RBs and WRs are deep and talented.  
Quinn needs to remain healthy.  JT Sanders needs to remain healthy.  Catalon needs to remain healthy.
EDGE will be better, again, not sure how much.
We need AntHill to ramp up quickly and Gbenda not to suck.
Sark will be better - another year of living sober and experience, adding more quality coaches.

Looking at all that, I don't know if I see an undefeated team, but I think the only way we don't win 10+ games is if we are unlucky with injuries and Big 12 zebras.

Edited by cafe society
  • Hook 'Em 3

My guess is he was having trouble gripping the ball and was hoping the glove would help

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I saw the scoop and score. It was a bad decision, he way over-estimated his speed on that play. That was a free rusher from a 4 man rush with Texas keeping 7 in to block, that is just bad pass pro.  There were way too many examples of free rushers in that game. Aranda completely out-coached Flood in that game. Again Sark stated he went to the run game, because they could not protect the QB. It wasnt that Quinn was horrible in that game, it was Sark realizing the OL was putting Quinn in terrible position to succeed. 

do not disagree with the protection issues.  but good qbs don't allow themselves to take a 17 yard sack a mile outside of the pocket on FIRST DOWN in the fourth quarter on your own 35 and a four point lead...much less do they cough up the ball for an easy scoop and score that completely smashes all the momentum you had.  that is not a good game and the type of terrible decision making i was describing as tempering my koolaid.

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That was a free rusher from a 4 man rush,  that is just bad pass pro.  There were way too many examples of free rushers in that game. Aranda completely out-coached Flood in that game. Again Sark stated he went to the run game, because they could not protect the QB. It wasnt that Quinn was horrible in that game, it was Sark realizing the OL was putting a freshman QB in terrible position to succeed. 

Yeah that "amoeba defense shit" by Aranda kicked our o-lines ass on pass pro.

Flood better get his line better prepared for that shit this year...