The Preseason Polls are F'n Stupid, But Here We Are Thread

TrashMaster G

Polls doing their late season sync.  AP and Coaches same for top 21 except coaches have Alabama ahead of Oregon, Ole Miss ahead of Oregon St. and Tennessee ahead of Duke.  Last 4 are the same schools, but coaches have USC, Tulane, UCLA, JMU while writers have it Tulane, UCLA, USC, JMU.

Sallee, Luginbill and Marler (Saturdays Down South) this morning began bleating the notion that a 2 loss LSU team would deserve a CFP invite. Of fucking course. 

LSU is losing another game or three. So I am not concerned. That said, the SEC fucking sucks this year. Listening to someone try to talk it up is nauseating. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sallee, Luginbill and Marler (Saturdays Down South) this morning began bleating the notion that a 2 loss LSU team would deserve a CFP invite. Of fucking course. 

LSU is losing another game or three. So I am not concerned. That said, the SEC fucking sucks this year. Listening to someone try to talk it up is nauseating. 

I assume it will work to our advantage from now on as a name sec team. And with the playoff expansion, I think there will be a lot more beauty pageantry for the last few spots amongst similar teams. 

If Texas can hold it together and if USC could knock off both Washington/Oregon, Texas is in.

If USC or whoever beats only one of Washington/Oregon it gets shaky because the PAC 2 is good this year. Michigan/OSU, Georgia, Fl St, Texas/Washington/Oregon. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If Texas can hold it together and if USC could knock off both Washington/Oregon, Texas is in.

If USC or whoever beats only one of Washington/Oregon it gets shaky because the PAC 2 is good this year. Michigan/OSU, Georgia, Fl St, Texas/Washington/Oregon. 

Bama beating Georgia or FSU dropping a game gets us in

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Going to be a battle for the last spot Big 12 champ V ACC champ, assuming no additional losses. Sec, pac-12 and Big10 will have a spot.

I don’t think so. Fl St is in if they win, and I don’t see anyone beating them on their schedule. Pac 2 losses are probably the only other path, unless somehow Georgia farts against Bama. Doubt it. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

If Bama wins out I think they’ll jump us. Not fair but they’d justify it somehow. 

I dont see it. 10 point night road win against the SEC champs.... No way theyll leave Texas out. In fact, they probably put Texas and Bama in and fuck the Pac 12 at that point. I could easily see them dropping a 1 loss Oregon to #5 and putting Texas/Bama at #3/4. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I dont see it. 10 point night road win against the SEC champs.... No way theyll leave Texas out. In fact, they probably put Texas and Bama in and fuck the Pac 12 at that point. I could easily see them dropping a 1 loss Oregon to #5 and putting Texas/Bama at #3/4. 

Agree. If Bama and Texas were to win out and both Washington and Oregon have 1 loss, I think they would take Texas and Bama. Not guaranteed though. 

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I also think it would depend on how Bama beats Georgia. If it’s a classic with a walk off fg or something people will be calling for a rematch. 

But yes, this is all pointless if we don’t win out. 

Eh, there would be no way to put Georgia over a 1 loss Texas and nobody would go for it. This years playoffs will be all conference champions unless a conference produces a 2 loss champion. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

You're right, us talking about fun "what if we win?" hypotheticals on surly is going to cause the team to lose. Clear cause and effect.

I’m talking about fan expectations. Lot of worrying about playoffs when we haven’t won the conference since 2009.

AP poll is up

Bulldogs
Georgia(8-0)Southeastern
-
@ Florida W 43-20
Game Recap
1553 (48)

Wolverines
Michigan(8-0)Big Ten
-
@ Michigan State W 49-0
Game Recap
1494 (9)

Buckeyes
Ohio State(8-0)Big Ten
-
@ Wisconsin W 24-10
Game Recap
1446 (3)

Seminoles
Florida State(8-0)Atlantic Coast
-
@ Wake Forest W 41-16
Game Recap
1421 (3)

Huskies
Washington(8-0)Pac-12
-
vs. Arizona State W 15-7
Game Recap
1327 (0)

Ducks
Oregon(7-1)Pac-12
@ Utah W 35-6
Game Recap
1235 (0)

Longhorns
Texas(7-1)Big 12
-
vs. BYU W 35-6
Game Recap
1189 (0)

Crimson Tide
Alabama(7-1)Southeastern
vs. Tennessee W 34-20
1114 (0)

Nittany Lions
Penn State(7-1)Big Ten
vs. Indiana W 33-24
Game Recap
1044 (0)

Sooners
Oklahoma(7-1)Big 12
@ Kansas L 33-38
Game Recap
1010 (0)

27 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

fuck

can we please beat kstate first?

• Hook 'Em 7

People keep saying the line. No way Texas gets left out if this that and the next thing. 

Just mind bottling 

UGA Michigan FSU and Washington are all going.  We aren’t better than Oregon or Washington and FSU prob isn’t losing even so we are the least impressive 1 loss team 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

People keep saying the line. No way Texas gets left out if this that and the next thing. 

Just mind bottling 

When people say that, I take it to mean the scenario where a one loss Texas gets left out means there is most likely 4 undefeated conference champions in front of us.

And honestly the idea that there is a 4 undefeated confrence champions does still seam like a stretch. 

Edited by hornbri

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Big 12 champ is probably not going to be in the Final Four. It's likely SEC, Pac, big 10 and FSU.

Can’t disagree. The Michigan/OSU loser may stay ahead of us as well. Not much left on our schedule is going to impress people compared to other teams.