Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Now that sounds interesting and entry worthy.  I have never heard of pickled gizzards before. 

Seconded.  I bet they look like little forensically preserved brains on toast.  Can't wait.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Wait, you guys seriously haven't heard of pickled gizzards?  Are they just a Midwestern thing or something?  They're one of the world's greatest bar snacks.

Turkey-Gizzards-Front-Jar-Sized-RGB.jpg

These are the best

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

Wait, you guys seriously haven't heard of pickled gizzards?  Are they just a Midwestern thing or something?  They're one of the world's greatest bar snacks.

These are the best

Haven't heard of or tried. And my initial impression matches @ztejas's response above. 

Fried gizzards are awesome cuz you have the crunchy fried goodness on the outside and the chewy gizzard goodness on the inside. But pickled? Iunno. I'm skurred, Al.

This thread is no place for the timid.  

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

I have a buddy who reacts this way to them, so any time we'd be at a bar where they were behind the counter, I'd order several and eat them in the most sensual/grotesque fashion possible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

These are the best

Closest we have in some backwoods bars are pickled pigs feet.  That looks terrible but I would take one bite to try it atleast.  

33 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Closest we have in some backwoods bars are pickled pigs feet.  That looks terrible but I would take one bite to try it atleast.  

Get me liquored up and I'll do the same.  But I'd eat the fried ones stone cold sober.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Was starving after work for some reason and decided on a fried bologna with leftover lettuce/tomato from recent BLTs… 

IMG_7721.thumb.jpeg.007700f0917a66a8f898fa7ca37581c2.jpeg

Pro tip: the cheese goes between the bottom piece of toasted bread and the fried bologna.  Put it between two warm items, and it gets melty.  Then your condiment(s) of choice on the top piece of bread, which also helps keep the heat from the toast from harming the crispness of your lettuce and tomato.  Hot side hot, cool side cool, McDLT technology shit, man.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Was starving after work for some reason and decided on a fried bologna with leftover lettuce/tomato from recent BLTs… 

IMG_7721.thumb.jpeg.007700f0917a66a8f898fa7ca37581c2.jpeg

Needs more mayo, but fried bologna is a damned good substitute for bacon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I love a meat loaf sandwich. This looks great. One quibble: toast or griddle that bun.

It was VERY lightly toasted. 

a meatloaf sandwich is a glorious middle ground between a hamburger and a meatball sandwich. It’s actually the primary reason I make meatloaf. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Something didn’t feel right about my post last night with the tostadas. They were just too polished. Too…..sober.

So anyways I hit the sauce early as soon as I walked through the door this evening and only slept like 4 hours or so and daddy hungry for more shankinsian tex mex a la deft.

So the air fryer ate and left no crumbs. (There’s a lot of crumbsI need to wash the basket out).

395772cde4aa6e305fa793e65e0c4e79.jpg

Original build ready for the griddle. there’s bacon pieces in there too

48d4448bfb90ccdd4c5f65f375b59a57.jpg

Post griddle but AF’d taquitos and potatoes on and then extra cheese

e319b6c71847412a6a7bca2be2b8d3c7.jpg

Gotta get a little crust on it

58d59b32eaae9753ecc6e68979dc5dc9.jpg

Fuck it. Eat in the cutting board

Washed out a dirty red wine glass and poured some rye ipa that’s still mysterious ly in the keezer

Edit: fixed some typos. Now I want to make some meatloaf.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

a meatloaf sandwich is a glorious middle ground between a hamburger and a meatball sandwich. It’s actually the primary reason I make meatloaf. 

I usually make mine like a patty melt. Grilled in butter, with pepper jack cheese, fresh japs, sometimes griddled onions. Ketchup and mayo.

Love this.
But I go lower class than all of you gents. I love me a cold leftover meatloaf sandwich with ketchup on plain sliced bread. It’s magical.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

On 5/3/2024 at 8:28 PM, deft said:

Something didn’t feel right about my post last night with the tostadas. They were just too polished. Too…..sober.

So anyways I hit the sauce early as soon as I walked through the door this evening and only slept like 4 hours or so and daddy hungry for more shankinsian tex mex a la deft.

So the air fryer ate and left no crumbs. (There’s a lot of crumbsI need to wash the basket out).

395772cde4aa6e305fa793e65e0c4e79.jpg

Original build ready for the griddle. there’s bacon pieces in there too

48d4448bfb90ccdd4c5f65f375b59a57.jpg

Post griddle but AF’d taquitos and potatoes on and then extra cheese

e319b6c71847412a6a7bca2be2b8d3c7.jpg

Gotta get a little crust on it

58d59b32eaae9753ecc6e68979dc5dc9.jpg

Fuck it. Eat in the cutting board

Washed out a dirty red wine glass and poured some rye ipa that’s still mysterious ly in the keezer

Edit: fixed some typos. Now I want to make some meatloaf.

Spread your wings and fly, motherfucker!

1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

Where’s the onion? Otherwise, perfection.

It was a circle K which I hate. If there were onions around they weren't something I was going to trust. 

I had to get gas at lunch and wanted a snack. Saw the Earl Campbell hot links on the roller and went for it. 

6 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

I see your dog and raise you 2 wraps.

20240506_184023.thumb.jpg.cca585f80b200be7749c02353c70230a.jpg

20240506_185819.thumb.jpg.820db0dd2eb296261389a91cf5a9ffe6.jpg

Love negro.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Sorry I didn't get pics but I gave myself food poisoning the other day by eating some old taco meat with some eggs (with pico and cheese). Threw up for about 28 hours.

You kids be safe out there.

Get this man two scripts of snatch and 72 ounces of Bud Light, STAT!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Sorry I didn't get pics but I gave myself food poisoning the other day by eating some old taco meat with some eggs (with pico and cheese). Threw up for about 28 hours.

You kids be safe out there.

Tis the risk we all run when we sit down at the table of Shank and ask "how long are these leftovers good for?"

Tis the risk we all run when we sit down at the table of Shank and ask "how long are these leftovers good for?"

You sniff it like a man. If it doesn’t make you gag, it’s still good.
Sometimes, that’s the wrong call.
Real men take risks.
Do not go quietly into that good night, gents. Rage…RAGE against the spoiling of the meat.