Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

22 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

jesus christ you're old... haha, probably like 4 years older than me... stickers ended about 2 years before I got there.

I pulled an Arch and lost my ID junior or senior year.  I converted to no stickers when I had to get a new one.  A sad day.  96 or 97, those memories are a little fuzzy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I had no idea that Colorado and Coach Prime were able to step up the NIL program affliated with the Buff's to place 2 players into the top 4. That is truly next level shit right there.

this is on3's black box valuation that is about thisfar this side of completely useless. not how much they are earning

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I had no idea that Colorado and Coach Prime were able to step up the NIL program affliated with the Buff's to place 2 players into the top 4. That is truly next level shit right there.

You’re the kind of guy that thinks a company’s profit and value are the same thing huh.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why the Arch Manning hype? Texas coach Steve Sarkisian explains the QB's strengths

Caleb Yum, Austin American-Statesman

Tue, Nov 7, 2023

After a good start to Texas' game vs. Kansas State, the hype around backup quarterback Maalik Murphy deteriorated, thanks to a pretty horrendous second half of the game.

His performance had some fans calling for Longhorns coach Steve Sarkisian to put in five-star freshman quarterback Arch Manning, the player who should wear the Manning family's metaphorical crown of football royalty. It's hard not to expect a lot from the nephew of legendary NFL quarterbacks Peyton and Eli Manning.

That being said, he's yet to see real game action, which begs the question: what makes Manning one of the most hyped high school recruits? Sarkisian opened the curtain a bit on Monday to what the quarterback's strengths are on the field.

Arch Manning's 'great deal of accuracy'

Though he is still learning about Manning, the first thing Sarkisian spoke on is his accuracy, specifically on the balls that are thrown down the field.

"One thing that I've been really impressed with him is his conviction and ability to throw the ball down the field with a great deal of accuracy," Sarkisian said.

What I've learned over the last couple of weeks, especially last week is he can make a lot of throws down the field and do it in a way that guys are very comfortable making those plays down the field."

'Arch is extremely athletic'

The coach's other observation is something that was already mentioned and observed earlier this summer: Manning is faster and more athletic than you might expect, considering his uncles' athleticism in the NFL.

"I think the second part about his game that I'm really encouraged about is he is very athletic. Arch is extremely athletic. He's a strong, powerful guy. He's got good speed about him. So his his game gives a little different versatility and twist to his style of play," Sarkisian said.

Manning likely won't make a meaningful appearance this season. Sarkisian has expressed faith in Murphy despite some of his shakiness, and it's looking like Quinn Ewers may return soon after being listed as day-to-day.

Regardless, it's good to have something to look forward to.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

thank you for bumping... search function is jacked!

anyways, all i wanted to say was wtf with all the transfer chatter 😄

started seeing it after ksu game and now it's popping up everywhere 🙄 reminds me of all the 'Worthy's transferring!' chatter last year lol...yeah, how'd that turn out? 😄 so many so-called experts seem to not even know what redshirting is lol.

clickbait headlines and wishful thinking from enemy camps.

tenor (4).gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

I have zero inside knowledge, but here’s my take.

He was always supposed to RS this season. He just got more reps over the last two weeks than he’s ever received before. He saw how a young QB in Sarks offense can show what he can do. He also saw how badly Maalik was struggling out there at times.

I doubt Arch is transferring.

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Keep seeing all these fake news articles on facebook about Arch transferring which is total bullshit. Arch ain't going anywhere!

I saw that crap too. I just figured it was my fault for still having Facebook. Kind of like twitter now a days 

• Hook 'Em 2

Someone should tell Caleb Yum there’s a grandfather in the bloodline, too. And he was remarkably fucking athletic, with rollouts and dodging defenders as neither the Saints nor Oilers OLs could block for him. For me, the question was always, “Why the hell do Archie’s kids look like they are running in mud?” Maybe Cooper got all the quicks. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Someone should tell Caleb Yum there’s a grandfather in the bloodline, too. And he was remarkably fucking athletic, with rollouts and dodging defenders as neither the Saints nor Oilers OLs could block for him. For me, the question was always, “Why the hell do Archie’s kids look like they are running in mud?” Maybe Cooper got all the quicks. 

I remember talk years ago when Peyton and Eli were both in the NFL that Cooper was the best athlete in the family before some injuries sidelined him and he decided to focus on other things. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I remember talk years ago when Peyton and Eli were both in the NFL that Cooper was the best athlete in the family before some injuries sidelined him and he decided to focus on other things. 

I believe it was spinal stenosis. So he became the family comedian. I always thought it was cool (and a sign of family unity, maybe at Archie’s direction) Peyton and Eli threw Cooper a LOT of bones over the years, they know he got a screwy deal.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Keep seeing all these fake news articles on facebook about Arch transferring which is total bullshit. Arch ain't going anywhere!

Keep seeing all these fake news articles on facebook (which is total bullshit) about Arch transferring.  Arch ain't going anywhere!

fixed it for ya.

3 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

He was always supposed to RS this season. He just got more reps over the last two weeks than he’s ever received before. He saw how a young QB in Sarks offense can show what he can do. He also saw how badly Maalik was struggling out there at times.

I think the worry about Arch transferring was purely if QE said he was staying another year due to injuries and to try to place higher in the draft.  I don't see Arch transferring - I think after a couple games he would beat QE out ala VY and Chance if Quinn stayed.  That would really hurt QE so I don't believe he stays one more year - he will go.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

If Quinn leaves for the draft, no doubt Arch is starting next year. It's his to lose. I have a feeling next year's room will be 

Arch

Maalik

Charles Wright

Joe Tatum

11 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I just heard something that surprised me, post season isn’t counting against redshirt 

This is what I want to know for certain.  The whole "postseason" is screwy in sports.  Which records count, which don't, and most importantly which rules carry over.  I believe the 4 game thing is for the whole season, postseason included, but I would love it if I was wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

This is what I want to know for certain.  The whole "postseason" is screwy in sports.  Which records count, which don't, and most importantly which rules carry over.  I believe the 4 game thing is for the whole season, postseason included, but I would love it if I was wrong.

Yeah, I literally heard something about a change to the rule in the last week or so, but a Google search isn’t revealing anything other than perhaps a Football Championship level change to allow bowls and playoffs, so I could have poisoned the conversation, my bad. But I don’t recall watching any FCS lately. Weird.

Anyone who sees what Texas has on the OL coming up knows Arch isn't transferring. Next year Banks and Cam Williams, who just looked pretty good in an emergency start, at tackles and Campbell, Neto, Robertson, etc on the inside. All the very good class of 22 and 23 OL have either been getting experience or developing behind the scenes. Arch will have one of the better lines in the country in front of him and guys like Baxter, Cook, Wingo, and whatever talent Sark can pull out of the portal at X receiver and TE for him. Why would he leave?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I just heard something that surprised me, post season isn’t counting against redshirt 

Not sure if above will be true this season...

Last year...

NCAA issues one-time waiver exempting postseason participation from counting toward eligibility, per reports

By Barrett Sallee   Dec 16, 2022 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-issues-one-time-waiver-exempting-postseason-participation-from-counting-toward-eligibility-per-reports/

A lot of people on this board wanted Maalik to start whenever Quinn would have a bad game. Then Maalik had to start when Quinn was out and once they saw him they didn't like it and wanted Archie to start. Then it was if Archie doesn't play, he's leaving - that's what I saw on Facebook. Come on guys, stop it! QB's have to grow into the position. Archie's time will come. I would hate for Archie to start and his game be similar to when Quinn and  Maalik first started. Then who are we going to wish was out there?

8 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

A lot of people on this board wanted Maalik to start whenever Quinn would have a bad game. Then Maalik had to start when Quinn was out and once they saw him they didn't like it and wanted Archie to start. Then it was if Archie doesn't play, he's leaving - that's what I saw on Facebook. Come on guys, stop it! QB's have to grow into the position. Archie's time will come. I would hate for Archie to start and his game be similar to when Quinn and  Maalik first started. Then who are we going to wish was out there?

Sneezy Beltran

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Cooper is, by far, the most athletic of the 3 brothers.  Very widely known in New Orleans, the state of Louisiana, and among those who know the Manning family.

Arch may be a dud, but if he's got his dad's athleticism and his uncles' QB/football IQ, then he'll be an against-all-odds bust.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Fuck that noise, Archie is way to old.  Doubt he has any eligibility left anyway.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Cooper is, by far, the most athletic of the 3 brothers.  Very widely known in New Orleans, the state of Louisiana, and among those who know the Manning family.

Arch may be a dud, but if he's got his dad's athleticism and his uncles' QB/football IQ, then he'll be an against-all-odds bust.

Zero percent chance Arch will be a dud. Peyton beat guys with his mind, Eli beat guys with his mind, Arch will likely do the same with a dose of athleticism that the other two didn't have. He already has a pro bowler's study habits, and quite frankly that puts him in the top 1% of college QBs by itself. If he implodes it won't be because he isn't seeing the game. It would likely involve a dead hooker in the trunk and a mountain of tony montana coke in the backseat during a traffic stop for running over an old woman in a wheelchair. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Zero percent chance Arch will be a dud. Peyton beat guys with his mind, Eli beat guys with his mind, Arch will likely do the same with a dose of athleticism that the other two didn't have. He already has a pro bowler's study habits, and quite frankly that puts him in the top 1% of college QBs by itself. If he implodes it won't be because he isn't seeing the game. It would likely involve a dead hooker in the trunk and a mountain of tony montana coke in the backseat during a traffic stop for running over an old woman in a wheelchair. 

We've got enough lawyers on Surly to get him out of that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3