Week 2, 2023: Texas @ Alabama

Wulaw Horn

53 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I watched the Alabama presser with Saban and players....holy fuck their media is so much better at not asking stupid fucking questions or baiting questions. 

Saban has them trained, after years of having their asses chewed out…plus, those questions are handed to the press in advance…there are no surprise or embarrassing questions for Saban to respond to.  Have a coke.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Saban has them trained, after years of having their asses chewed out…plus, those questions are handed to the press in advance…there are no surprise or embarrassing questions for Saban to respond to.  Have a coke.

That's true but I feel like if a coach did that to our media there would be so many hit pieces and negative shit coming from them.

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, they will get away with as much holding (offense and defense) and PI (offense and defense) as they want, while we will get multiple flags for those things.  It's gonna be bad.

Don't forget they will be allowed to beat the crap out of Ewers and drive him into the ground when he doesn't have the ball and Texas will be flagged for barely touching Milroe, especially when they fail to convert a third down.

• Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, dr99 said:

Don't forget they will be allowed to beat the crap out of Ewers and drive him into the ground when he doesn't have the ball and Texas will be flagged for barely touching Milroe, especially when they fail to convert a third down.

To be fair, those were B12 refs calling the 2022 game.

Feels strange to say, while Bama is known to get their calls, there is some comfort in the fact that it will be an SEC crew on Saturday.

Fuck Brett Yormark. 

• Hook 'Em 4

We ran for 79 yards last year at home against Alabama. I'm curious, does anyone think we run for more yards this Saturday? 

It’s possible because you can pop one long one and be close to that number. But I don’t think there’s any greater degree of sustained success running the ball, no.

22 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It’s possible because you can pop one long one and be close to that number. But I don’t think there’s any greater degree of sustained success running the ball, no.

What if we pop 9 runs? Then it will be 500 yards. Or 15?

45 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

We ran for 79 yards last year at home against Alabama. I'm curious, does anyone think we run for more yards this Saturday? 

No, I don’t. Our run blocking has been cheeks. They have something to prove. 

True or false.  An ESPN+ subscription is not a temporary solution to the Spectrum/Disney dispute blacking out ESPN & LHN to subscribers.  Texas vs Bama Sat 6pm on ESPN

Look up iptv service. I know someone (not me I swear government people) that uses streemingly.com (don’t need a vpn)

Looks shady, but you can get any channel you want, literally. $15 a month. Now, it does use internet and can be finicky from time to time. But, it is a solution. You can pay via PayPal so it’s “safe”.

You can also look into Tivod.tv (need a vpn). This one you can pay month to month and i believe the cheapest option is $20 a month.

Message me if you want to know more. And no, I’m not the person who owns these. Just been using (or know someone who has been) since February. Def has positives and negatives, but better than paying out the ass for cable.
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

If we’re counting on Ewers improvisation for 3rd down conversions we’ve seriously failed on play calling….checks out actually 

I wouldn't say relying but in todays game you need your QB to get a few 1st downs with his legs to extend drives. 

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...

Wear their ass out with our depth....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

In what way? 

You living under a rock? Texas is literally the first program in the modern composite rankings era of college football to have a perfect 1.000 ratingrating QB backing up another perfect 1.000 rating QB. We literally have the perfect backup QBs for this situation, we statistically could not ask for a better backup. As in, our backup QB situation is literally unprecedented, and mathematically impossible to be better.

Get smart, dipshit.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You living under a rock? Texas is literally the first program in the modern composite rankings era of college football to have a perfect 1.000 ratingrating QB backing up another perfect 1.000 rating QB. We literally have the perfect backup QBs for this situation, we statistically could not ask for a better backup.

Oh well yea if they hurt our first AND second string QB then we’re good. My mistake. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

This is such an important game on the national stage for Texas' entry next year to the SEC.   I doubt Sankey is going to want a Rig 12 type referee shitshow coming down on the newest member.  SEC crew will probably call it fairly.  

Rig 12 Refs called last years  game and it was probably in the agreement SEC Refs will call this game…Thankfully.    I thought it was weird  because when we played LSU in 2019 at DKR SEC Refs were used which means Rig 12 Refs would’ve called the 2020 game in Baton Rouge.  But Covid….

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You living under a rock? Texas is literally the first program in the modern composite rankings era of college football to have a perfect 1.000 ratingrating QB backing up another perfect 1.000 rating QB. We literally have the perfect backup QBs for this situation, we statistically could not ask for a better backup. As in, our backup QB situation is literally unprecedented, and mathematically impossible to be better.

Get smart, dipshit.

We have a perfect 1.000 QB starting too !! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Get smart, dipshit.

The idea that a 1.000 QB has to enter the game to save it from a fellow 1.000 QB creates a paradox. 

IMG_2086.gif.12f9dbc55df11268a4b937910c09d32c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bryan Erwin (former HS head coach for a long time) was on IT’s livestream tonight and was talking about how every OL unit he ever coached took at least 2-3 weeks to fully gel every year.

He said no matter how many practice reps or scrimmage reps you get, you can’t replicate the bullets flying at 100% from a pre-snap communication and assignment standpoint. He pointed out that he didn’t think Bama or Texas’ OL played well in week 1 but expects both to be better this week.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1