Week 2, 2023: Texas @ Alabama

Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Cold:

Not much more that I hate more than vapid straight bitches who won’t carry their weight around the house. Bitch I ain’t gonna do it all and go down on you. Find some dumbfuck man for that shit.

1 minute ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I don’t like Texas fans saying “Bama”. It seems like a term of endearment.

Fat dirty elephants. Let’s fuck their shit up.

• Hook 'Em 3

I think that's "James Brown" ??
“At our press conference . . . everyone kept asking about what it felt like to be a three-touchdown underdog,” says Brown. “I just said, ‘They might lose by 21 points, you never know.’ I didn’t make a prediction.
“It’s just something that came out, and it got all that publicity. I didn’t back down from it, but it’s not good to come out like that with bulletin board material.
“That isn’t smart football.”
It is a good story, and it embellished the reputation of the quarterback.

I never understood how that answer was news.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Will be interesting to see who plays against Alabama, especially on defense. Anyone Sark plays in this game minus any injury replacements will be guys Sark trusts. Wonder if guys like Hill, Muhammad, and Burke will play and how many snaps they get. If I'm not mistaken all of last season Ovie had 1.5 sacks and in 1 game Burke equalled that. Burke had a very good game. 

15 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Lana Del Rey Yes GIF

4 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Feeling a lot better about the game after someone had the balls to put that out there in the universe. Riley would be proud.

Some of the comments in that thread and this one are outstanding.

"You’ll still be chewing that thing Saturday night."

"This is beyond well done. It’s made it to congratulations."

"That’s cooked to “Anakin I have the high ground” temperature."

Plus tons of Lincoln Riley references.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, troph said:

She said she wouldn’t do the dishes.  Fuck her.

Oh, I got that the first time you posted it.

My WTF gif was questioning your choice to make an issue of something that stupid in a Texas - Alabama game week thread.

And regarding the chick that you are dissing - wood, even if she is from Alabamy and leaves her dishes in the sink.

Hook ‘em

3 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Oh, I got that the first time you posted it.

My WTF gif was questioning your choice to make an issue of something that stupid in a Texas - Alabama game week thread.

And regarding the chick that you are dissing - wood, even if she is from Alabamy and leaves her dishes in the sink.

Hook ‘em

like 3-4 others doing the same? Call someone else out ho. 

7 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Effort will not be an issue vs. Alabama like it was at times against Rice (ex: Mitchell’s blocking). A lot of NFL paydays are riding on next Saturday.

I had this same thought, specifically with regard to Mitchell. He seems like the type who shows up for big games. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a “For who? For what?” attitude when it came to playing Rice. 

29 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I can’t believe we have a shitty o-line for the 15th fucking year in a row.  JFC

We’ve had several decent offensive lines in the past 15 years, and we’ll probably have a decent offensive line this year. Not the 90s Cowboys, but ok by college football standards. This ain’t the late Mack and Strong tenure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Effort will not be an issue vs. Alabama like it was at times against Rice  

Jesus Breakdancing Christ. Don't be like those Miami fans who talk about effort & swagger and who think they can turn the program around if one of the old school guys would come back and tell stories about what it means to be a Cane. 

This isn't an effort problem. Our QB likely can't throw deep, which is crucial to our offense. Our o-line is a huge problem because our RT is average on his best day and everyone else besides our LT sucks eggs. Our major problems when Sark arrived will be our major problems at the end of this season. Things will only seem a little better because most of the Big 12 is a shitshow this season. 

17 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Saw this last night and was surprised at how close the stats were especially given how much bigger of a margin it victory Bama had

dbc9116ea3c0e708566b98cb05b9f3f5.jpg

Thanks for this because after watching the OL and Ewers play that first half plus Sark suck as a play caller on the first half last drive I thought we cannot win on the road with that type performance and it could turn into Arkansas.

b09ceaae235b34b4d0078c04a8797e75.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean yeah- he turned him loose but there was nobody there. I wouldn’t have any way of knowing who committed that mental error. 

This is often the problem with fans complaining about scheme issues. Most don’t have a damn clue about pass protection schemes and most likely passing concepts as well. (not even including coverage adjustments or blitz induced hots) We don’t know what they are coached to do or who really made the mental error.  Most people don’t know that they don’t know stuff.

9 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't think you understand. The entire world will blow up.

It’s kinda funny how people ride the rollercoaster. I fully expect Texas to be competitive in this game but seeing some people pencil this game as a win all offseason was funny. A win or loss on Saturday does absolutely nothing to the expectation most of us sane people had was that we needed to win this stupid conference on the way out the door.

• Hook 'Em 1

The best seats I’ve ever had for a college football game was with my Dad and I watching the early ‘80s Cotton Bowl vs Alabama. We were seated on the “50” first row of the upper deck, Bama side. Zero obstructed views throughout the game. He and I both kidded each other, as to who was on the 49 or 50, either side!

Tight win by the Horns was the icing on the cake!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:
1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Surly being so down on this team makes me feel better about the game this weekend. This board rarely assesses anything correctly.

the vibe is entirely too defeatist and negative around here.  people need to get a grip

Anxiety Freaking Out GIF by Ruby Gillman, Teenage Krakenunited airlines nasa GIF

Saban said starting DBs (Moore and Key) didn't have long-term issues but neither practiced on Monday. Day to day. Here's the exact quote. 

"It’s probably too early to tell what their circumstance will be, probably be a couple days and we figure it out," Saban said. "I don't think either guy has long-term issues, but it’ll be interesting to see how they progress this week."

44 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It’s kinda funny how people ride the rollercoaster. I fully expect Texas to be competitive in this game but seeing some people pencil this game as a win all offseason was funny. A win or loss on Saturday does absolutely nothing to the expectation most of us sane people had was that we needed to win this stupid conference on the way out the door.

I said "look shitty losing." We can look good but lose a squeaker like last year. But if we look like we did against Rice, I'll say it again, the universe will collapse.

11 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:
5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sure did hear a lot in the offseason about his improved footwork and mechanics.

Basically he went on a diet and got a haircut... fans projected that to mean he fixed his happy feet and mechanics.

Actually, what Red Five said per 995'rs and their "sources". Not projection by fans. But it's also true much was made of a haircut and diet ad nauseam.

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I can’t believe we have a shitty o-line for the 15th fucking year in a row.  JFC

Shitty? No. I wouldn't say shitty.

But OL, more than any other position on the field save maybe quarterback, requires more time both building up strength in a college S&C program, building up communication, and learning the schemes, and our 2-deep is still mostly guys who haven't been on campus for very long. They're super talented, but they're still raw material. Sure, we've got 2 Juniors and a RS Senior starting, but are these guys likely to play on Sundays?

When people say things like "most talented OL since 2008," it's not about how good they are, but rather how high the ceiling is.

tl;dr -- It's no longer a weakness, but it's not yet a strength.