We might be headed to the SEC but we can never embrace the SEC

Thatguy

1 hour ago, tonedeaf said:

Ok guys.  Thanks for all your help.  This was a project of mine.  Out of boredom I decided to take a class at the local JC. Needless to say,  I am many decades older than most of the class.  I'm 20 years older than the professor.  We got in a discussion the other day and I made the comment that regardless of any proven evidence about whatever the topic is,  if it goes against the woke/liberal/PC mindset,  the discussion won't last long before it gets ugly.  First emotion,  then name calling.  The important thing here is the time frame.  My rep went from 205 to 161 in a little more than an hour.  Not much name calling but a lot of middle finger.  Started to go to west mall but I saw this thread and decided why not.  Got the idea from  Raymond,  the episode where Robert gives the fake IQ test.  Anyway,  all is good.  Appreciate you guys. Hookem Horns.  Beat Wyoming.  And fuck baylor.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  

dabo.thumb.jpg.be990d236b2a8accbbb05264bea3efad.jpg

1 hour ago, tonedeaf said:

Ok guys.  Thanks for all your help.  This was a project of mine.  Out of boredom I decided to take a class at the local JC. Needless to say,  I am many decades older than most of the class.  I'm 20 years older than the professor.  We got in a discussion the other day and I made the comment that regardless of any proven evidence about whatever the topic is,  if it goes against the woke/liberal/PC mindset,  the discussion won't last long before it gets ugly.  First emotion,  then name calling.  The important thing here is the time frame.  My rep went from 205 to 161 in a little more than an hour.  Not much name calling but a lot of middle finger.  Started to go to west mall but I saw this thread and decided why not.  Got the idea from  Raymond,  the episode where Robert gives the fake IQ test.  Anyway,  all is good.  Appreciate you guys. Hookem Horns.  Beat Wyoming.  And fuck baylor.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  

FFA3F5EA-42F0-4AD0-895C-0A7C5140CEA8.jpeg

• Haha 1

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Haven't seen this used in nearly 20 years, bravo.

And thanks for your service
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My thoughts on Tuscaloosa are more from the tourist/traveler in me than the football fan. They've got good restaurants, the bars are fun, and it's a scenic area. It helps that we have friends there. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit there if it wasn't for football every now and then. Still, the lesson on my end has been learned and our next trip will include anywhere between 3 and 6 couples. 

Fair enough. If you think Tusca is fun, you will love the rest of SEC country 😄

I know there are some backwards hicks in the Alabama fan base and they can be awful, but the main issue is their deeply felt entitlement to win, and certainly to beat “silly little wanna-be Texas”.  They do not handle losing with any amount rational measure or grace. They will get more used to losing to us.

@4th&Five and I have done a lot of the SEC with a group of dudes that has doing a trip a year for the last 20 years as well as a few pac12s (oregon and washington), some big 10s (michigan, wisconsin, iowa), and acc's (clemson, notre, and vatech).  However, we have only been as visiting texas fans once and that was in 2015 for notre dame which sucked all around.

LSU a few times including Auburn in 2003 and Alabama in 2010.

Alabama in 2007 in Saban's first year for LSU.  

Tennessee in 2008 for Florida.

Georgia in 2013 for LSU.

South Carolina in 2012 for Georgia.

Ole Miss in 2016 for Alabama.

Auburn in 2019 for Georgia.

We are going to Kentucky this year for the florida game.

Tuscaloosa is definitely, by far, the shittiest town in all of the sec that i have been to.  it fucking sucked ass in every way.  they may have upgraded the town a bit in the last 15 years while being good but holy shit did it suck.  stadium was super nice and we had fun with the fans but they weren't losing to texas.  good food in birmingham.  all the fanbases are chocked full of white trash idiots.  There is nothing distinguishing them...EXCEPT LSU.  they aren't human beings.  they truly are a different species of swamp dwelling trash.  that said, if you aren't playing them and just a neutral observer as we were, holy shit are they a fucking good time.  great food.  but easily the most obnoxious and drunkest fucking people on the planet.

ole miss was super chill, tennessee was super chill (because they were horrible when we went), south carolina had a shocking amount of hot ass and it didn't hurt that they were playing uga, georgia was the most fun and enjoyable town by a long shot.  knoxville second.  auburn is boring ass rural alabama.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

The people in Tuscaloosa were pretty nice. Lots of good conversations, mutual A&M bashing, handshakes, fist bumps and whatnot. It's a pretty area and good vibes.

You'll get immature assholes everywhere, but overall I enjoyed the visit. 

Hell, I had to eat lunch in a sorority house (sister-in-law goes there) and people were still pretty gracious hosts.

On the other hand, getting out after the game was a nightmare and everything surrounding the area seemed backwoods as hell. And I don't think Alabama believes in street lights.

Edited by fellside
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

martial arts nut punch GIF

One thing I will embrace about the SEC

Its unquestionably the hardest hitting and toughest style of football in existence. NFL doesn’t allow this level of hitting anymore. This is NFL talent with less restrictions. 

the officials called holding when it was obvious and it mattered

they even called an illegal man downfield

They error on the side of caution mostly and letting guys play instead of getting involved in the game too much. Not a ton of dumb reviews either. 

Fuck Alabama and LSU we’re going to take over the West SEC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Hey old man. It's 2023, and it's time to let people do what the hell they wanna do. I get it. You have been in the driver's seat of this mfer(this country) for so long, but now other people wanna drive every once and awhile and it scares you, plus Suzy in the back wants to take a little detour and stop to get some chips. All this shit pisses you off because you liked it better when everyone in the car just shut the fuck up and went along for the ride just the way you wanted them to. Just now you looked up and somebody is riding your ass. It's progress, and your old ass is doing 50 in the fast lane. How bout you slide on over to the right and let ole progress pass you by like you are supposed to.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Well, as a professor, this is horseshit.

*Note horseshit, in this context, is not an "ugly" or attacking word, merely a reflection of the accuracy of a statement.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fellside said:

The people in Tuscaloosa were pretty nice. Lots of good conversations, mutual A&M bashing, handshakes, fist bumps and whatnot. It's a pretty area and good vibes.

You'll get immature assholes everywhere, but overall I enjoyed the visit. 

Hell, I had to eat lunch in a sorority house (sister-in-law goes there) and people were still pretty gracious hosts.

On the other hand, getting out after the game was a nightmare and everything surrounding the area seemed backwoods as hell. And I don't think Alabama believes in street lights.

It’s third world Deep South, not new south like Fla/Ga/Nash/Texas. 

I’d sell the SIL on transferring. Can’t get that “Alabama” off your resume otherwise. 

IMG_5351.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Yes, there a racists everywhere, but I'm comfortable with us always remaining apart from the rest of the close-minded SEC mindset.

Yes, there a racists everywhere, but I'm comfortable with us always remaining apart from the rest of the close-minded SEC mindset.

I'll admit that I've always been a homer deep down for whatever conference Texas was in.  But I'm going to be rooting for every other non-SEC team to beat every SEC team from here on in.

That just means you consider them rivals.  Its only the losers like aggy that get consolation when their SEC "rivals" beat someone else.

9 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Meh.  There are mouth breathing knuckle dragging fans like that of every school.  Kudos to the players for their thick skin and continuing to rub it in!

Yeah.  The UT players seemed amused at the loser.  Great response.

The biggest busing riots ever were in Boston, Massachusetts.  Idiots everywhere.  Don't think we should be bigoted ourselves about people who aren't like us.

6 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

I think it will be worse for Texas moving into the new conference than for OU regarding how fans/players are treated on the road. The SEC schools think of their conference as a brotherhood. We think of it as a bigger check for us; therefore, we’ll stick out as the school that doesn’t want to fully integrate. We have no intentions of being “brothers” with any of those animals. We walked out of that stadium Saturday evening with our middle fingers extended and we will continue to do so even as we officially become members of the conference. 

They don't think of Mizzou, Pig or aggy as brothers, no matter how much aggy yells SEC-SEC-SEC.   OU and us will also be outsiders for a long time.

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think the direction on that is pretty clear.

We're not plastering "SEC" all over everything we have like aggy did.  We'll have it on the field and on the basketball court because I suppose we have to.  But it's not going to be bigger than our own logo on every goddamned t-shirt we sell.  Frankly, I don't think it'll be on any t-shirt we sell.

To the extent you hear anything from our fans or the school about "SEC," it's as a middle finger to the Big 12, which richly deserves it.  

And on the part of the SEC, you saw their "a new era . . ." commercial, which prominently features Texas, three times during the Saturday night broadcast.  The SEC is plainly pretty damned excited to have Texas in a way that it wasn't with aggy.

Texas was the golden egg, the whole time.  kept trying to bust up SWC and Big 12.  had to get aggy to get to us once it became obvious we weren't going to go Big 10 and that we were kind of a package with OU.  that is pretty much it.

4 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Not that it'll ever happen, but I'd have a hard fucking time pulling for aggy over the gooners if we need aggy to lose so we can get to the sec championship game. There has to be at least that exception to the no pulling for ousux rule. 

I know it's a very unlikely scenario aggy will ever sniff the championship game but crazier shit has happened.

I'd pass your admiration of my avatar on to the esposa. On 2nd thought I better not. I'd probably get kicked in the nuts for using the pic. 

I've got to admit.  There were a lot of us in the Texas-exes center really enjoying that 77-0 beating OU gave aggy back about 15 years ago.

Probably wouldn't have cared who lost if it was a close game, but we were rooting for 100!

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

One thing I will embrace about the SEC

Its unquestionably the hardest hitting and toughest style of football in existence. NFL doesn’t allow this level of hitting anymore. This is NFL talent with less restrictions. 

the officials called holding when it was obvious and it mattered

they even called an illegal man downfield

They error on the side of caution mostly and letting guys play instead of getting involved in the game too much. Not a ton of dumb reviews either. 

Fuck Alabama and LSU we’re going to take over the West SEC

The hitting is good.  The cheap shots they let them get away with (and Bama has become one of the worst) is not good for the players.  Nick Chubb had a really nasty knee injury in Knoxville about 10 years ago when a Tennessee player hit him about 5 yards out of bounds.  Not a flag at all.  That is the worst part of SEC officiating.

3 hours ago, Chili dog said:

1) Were you in the student section? My experience may have been tainted because of my seats. 

2) Was it a night game?

3) Was the stadium full? Their fans, especially the students, give no shits about non-con doormat games. 

I'm pretty sure student section.  Night game.  Troy was an upset watch team back then and the game went poorly for LSU.  I think LSU needed a late TD to win.  Place was packed.  Rooting for LSU.  Maybe some of the usual light-hearted jeering, but nothing angry or fighty.  "Wearing the wrong color; long way from Austin" and crap like that.

Full disclosure: It was like 10 of us (UT and LSU) and most of us were big dudes. Probably not the sort that generic college guy would have looked at and said, 'I'm gonna fuck with that group.'

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Hey old man. It's 2023, and it's time to let people do what the hell they wanna do. I get it. You have been in the driver's seat of this mfer(this country) for so long, but now other people wanna drive every once and awhile and it scares you, plus Suzy in the back wants to take a little detour and stop to get some chips. All this shit pisses you off because you liked it better when everyone in the car just shut the fuck up and went along for the ride just the way you wanted them to. Just now you looked up and somebody is riding your ass. It's progress, and your old ass is doing 50 in the fast lane. How bout you slide on over to the right and let ole progress pass you by like you are supposed to.

I don't care what you do.  Who is riding my ass?  Thanks for the heads up.  

• Fuck You 4

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Did we ever embrace the Big 12? I don't remember too many people even giving that much of a shit about the SWC back in the day.

I don't see our fans eager to imitate Bama or Ole Miss of any of them. We are our own thing, we don't want to be like other fanbases.

No we didn’t and no we didn’t. We’re Texas. Fuck conferences.  Fuck everyone else. 

9 hours ago, closetohumping said:

See I would think the fare would escalate things.  But , my theory is that our series with ou has been so lopsided that they feel bad for us.  Actually I know that first hand as I attended the rrs the last 20 years

8-12 isn’t lopsided. Particularly during our down years. It’s certainly not “so lopsided”, drama queen. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

No - we get it. Georgia fans are the best and most well behaved. Unlike those murderous rapists in Baton Rouge.

I'm sure you'll be even more pleasant to interact with with this recent stretch of success. 

I've been to a few games in Athens. You have a lot of rednecks who have never been anywhere in Athens besides the Waffle House and the stadium, but many more ATL suburb golf pricks. All united by Oakley sunglasses.

However, the basketball and baseball crowds are pretty cool, possibly because both those programs suck way more than they should.

5 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Lol, you couldn’t be more wrong. Knox isn’t the south? Have you been to fla? Or Mizzou? Even UK is northern compared to Knox lmfao. 

You couldn’t be more off on all of that. 

No Knox isn't the south like Oxford, Gainesville, Starkville, College Station, Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Aburn, and Columbia as I said.

I will give you Lexington and the other Colombia....and Arkansas venues.

17 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Call it disingenuous if you want, but what a perfect video. "We're going to beat you, dance on your field, ignore your piece of shit, backwoods fans, and probably not even make any stupid 'We control the Tide' commemorative T-Shirts to celebrate the occasion."

• Haha 1