Week 5, 2023: Kansas at Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

The icing on the cake after drubbing Mobilehoma is their postgame call-in show, but after getting nuked from orbit 49-0 last year I can't even remember them taking any calls because they knew the "fire errbudy" anger they'd get -- Cowards!  Usually that stuff is comedy-gold.  Lulz.

I used to read soonerfans while waiting for the traffic to clear a little. Same energy. 

Tricky to not blow your chance to move up when you have the opportunity (looking at you Matt Campbell) but if he has a decent year (and likes his prospects next year) I would think he can find a better job than MSU.  Then again, MSU suddenly has a lot of money to throw around.

Maybe they can tug him away from the Jayhawks.

1 hour ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Show me a loss (serious). This team is built to withstand a long season. 

I like our chances against anyone to be honest. First time since 2009 that can be said.

I hope we blow out KU to send a message. This team is different.

Brooks running for 140 yards per game changes the calculus a little for me, compared to where we were after Rice. I like Baxter and think he'll be really good, but starting him over Brooks seems like we were trying to get a little too cute. Brooks needs 20 carries a game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, EyeSlapMidgets said:

Can anyone bless me with a link to a streaming service that will have this game? I’m in Japan and YouTubeTV cut off my access while I’m out of the country. ESPN app did the same

I was all over Japan in June-July and Express VPN was nails -- ZERO problems watching my cable-TV's app, ESPN app, Samsung TV app,..... whatever I wanted.

OR use NordVPN, Surfshark VPN, or whichever VPN you like.

Now, back to your ramen, yakiniku, hotpot, udon, soba, takoyaki, yakitori, sushi, sashimi, sukiyaki, and Sapporo/Asahi/Kirin/Suntory beer as you were.  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

The interesting part of this game will be what Borland does defensively. He's aggressive and tries to create havoc/turnovers. That also leads to a lot of big plays. 

Where Wyoming had success was rushing 3 and dropping into a zone (as have other teams). Is he going to change what he does philosophically/scheme-wise? 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Brooks running for 140 yards per game changes the calculus a little for me, compared to where we were after Rice. I like Baxter and think he'll be really good, but starting him over Brooks seems like we were trying to get a little too cute. Brooks needs 20 carries a game. 

We need to manage his workload so he lasts the season. Lots of mouths to feed too, I could see Brooks getting 60% of the competitive carries, with Baxter getting 30%, and the others getting 10% based on game situations

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The interesting part of this game will be what Borland does defensively. He's aggressive and tries to create havoc/turnovers. That also leads to a lot of big plays. 

Where Wyoming had success was rushing 3 and dropping into a zone (as have other teams). Is he going to change what he does philosophically/scheme-wise? 

I wouldn’t be shocked if he tries to make Quinn beat him and focuses more on stopping the run. 

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if he tries to make Quinn beat him and focuses more on stopping the run. 

They don't have the DBs to cover our WRs with the way Borland normally likes to play. BYU passed for 350 yards with guys nowhere nearly as talented as we have at WR. 

If they bring numbers in the box, I think it's going to be an extremely long day for Kansas. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They don't have the DBs to cover our WRs with the way Borland normally likes to play. BYU passed for 350 yards with guys nowhere nearly as talented as we have at WR. 

If they bring numbers in the box, I think it's going to be an extremely long day for Kansas. 

The best way for any non-elite defense to play us is to sit back in 7-8 man coverage, mostly zone, and throw a ton of simulated pressures (sending three or four, but in creative ways meant to confuse our protections and speed up Quinn) at us, so I assume that's what most teams will do 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ku corners are good especially Bryant.  Texas slot WRs, and TEs need to have a big day.  Horns need to "run the damn ball" well too.  

23 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Andre Ware just predicted the KU upset during the Louisville-NC State broadcast.

Fuck cougar high

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

This thread is now like a therapy thread where people come to wash clean the decade of fear and doubt.
We’re a 5 star studded team improving week to week playing at home against a one trick pony we crushed at their place last year. And we’re on a mission.

They’re so screwed.

Yeah they are fucked. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Burton with the 38-35 prediction after tweaking out about Baylor and Wyoming and assuming tragedy versus Alabama. Grow a pair, Bobby.

Well to his defense and most longhorn fans we’re afraid of success. 
we truly have PTSD!! 

other wise we all know this game should probably go somewhere in the vicinity of 

Texas 42

KU 14

idc how athletic Daniels is, ppl act like he’s a once in a lifetime QB. We just got a show everyone this ain’t that anymore.

The national media can’t wait for that “There’s the Texas we been waiting on” game 

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't see how they can keep up with us in this game. It might be close for a half but we'd have to play a really shitty mistake filled game to not wear them down and pull away in the 2nd half. 

They've played about the 100th strongest schedule in FBS. Their best competition so far was BYU and they struggled with them. Every team they've played since the opener has scored in the 20s against them including the power houses Illinois and winless Nevada. 

I think they're well coached and have a solid QB but just can't match up on the lines or skill positions. Similar to Rice who is well coached with a solid QB and since the beating we gave their offense have been putting up big points. 

I don't think we need to do anything special against this team. Out muscle them up front, don't turn it over, execute fairly well offensively and roll out with a double digit win. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic