Kansas St at Oklahoma St, 6:30 on ESPN

shadow_operative2.0

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude what in the fuck are you talking about. You literally have a 100% chance to get to OT if you kick the PAT assuming you don't fuck that up.

I don't understand what happened to lining up and beating the team across from you. This 300 IQ Mensa bullshit backfires just as often as it wins games. 

You’re right. It’s playing for the win (or at least lead) in regulation rather than playing for the tie and OT.

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

No.  Do you think OT is better than winning in regulation?

They aren't winning in regulation and never were because they fucked off the 2 pt conversion. 

I love all of these people telling me how smart it is to go for 2 after the team in question blows the 2 pt attempt. 

Newsflash - when they fuck it up, maybe it wasn't the right decision at the time. 

Just now, ztejas said:

They aren't winning in regulation and never were because they fucked off the 2 pt conversion. 

I love all of these people telling me how smart it is to go for 2 after the team in question blows the 2 pt attempt. 

Newsflash - when they fuck it up, maybe it wasn't the right decision at the time. 

Just because it doesn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't the right decision at that time. 51% success rates fail 49% of the time. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

The real problem with analytics in football is a lack of sufficient data points because they play so few games relative to sports where analytics have made such a difference. The argument to go for two with the first score in a two score comeback depends on your teams expected 2 point conversion rate. 

The argument also completely loses sight of the truth that what might be the right strategy the majority of the time is not always the right strategy for THIS time.

• Like 3