Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

They reviewed that.  He did not get in.  Now the facemask not being called, well don't know what to tell you there.

Can you imagine the server fire if Texas went 0/8 from the 1? This site would be on a bye week.

Edited by Constant
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, troph said:

Michael Jordan said he practiced with intense fierce focus so when game time came it was easy. 

Djokovic arguably the greatest champion the world has ever seen is calm as a cucumber. His number one strength is focus. He talks about distraction too and the key to winning is resetting quickly back to an intense focus state.

elite athletes do not talk about emotion like it’s some secret weapon.

sark talks about practice culture the same way. I honestly think Texas is on the cusp. I could be wrong. Doesn’t change the history of the last 30 years of mostly soft culture but that also doesn’t mean it has to stay the same and yesterday Texas was not soft. Texas was not soft at Bama either.

“The more I sweat in training, the less I bleed in battle.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Of course.  Love dropping lines about the jet. It’s a nice toy. 

Well I'm an artist with a hot horny wife and a multi-million dollar glass-wrapped modern home that's a goddamn future Unesco World Heritage Site on a river deep in a national forest, that i designed and built myself, but you'd never hear me talk about it on a football chat board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Well I'm an artist with a hot horny wife and a multi-million dollar glass-wrapped modern home that's a goddamn future Unesco World Heritage Site on a river deep in a national forest, that i designed and built myself, but you'd never hear me talk about it on a football chat board.

American Horror Story Liar GIF

3 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

D5FFF4C6-6B50-4667-9F66-14DD5F7989D9.webp

45 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't know, we ran a fake punt deep in our end, went for punt blocks and went for it 4 times on the 1. That's not a coach I'm calling passive.

I think Sark took his foot off the pedal on that last drive for the go-ahead FG. He thought what a lot of others were thinking. Slow it down, run some time off the clock, drive for any kind of score as long as we give it back to OU with only a few seconds on the clock. We needed one first down to be able to do just that - but he became less aggressive on the play calling. Found ourselves in third and long and settled for a FG with over a minute left. Ewers had completed about twenty in a row, then suddenly we got conservative.

• Hook 'Em 1

The only call that really pissed me off was they let Caleb Downs stand on top of Ewers for multiple seconds clearly taunting and yelling in his face. The ref was right there but didn't call it.

They called that celebration PF though on us. Did anybody see what celebration we did that was so out of pocket as to exceed the Big XII officials permissive standards of sportsmanship?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

The only call that really pissed me off was they let Caleb Downs stand on top of Ewers for multiple seconds clearly taunting and yelling in his face. The ref was right there but didn't call it.

They called that celebration PF though on us. Did anybody see what celebration we did that was so out of pocket as to exceed the Big XII officials permissive standards of sportsmanship?

Player took his helmet off on the field. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

Jesus dude. I do VERY well for myself and had jack shit given to me either. I have parents that basically told me I am going to hell. I make almost 100x the average income of trans folk. I was broke and put myself through school and my story isn’t over. I applaud your success. You had no reason to say anything about the money you give to either program. And saying you are wealthy was not the insult you think it was. I’m sorry it came across that way. Btw, don’t start a “sit down you don’t know what you’re talking about” comment to a woman by saying “look, you’re a nice girl.” I’m not nice. I’m not a girl. I’m a 48 year old woman and I’m a fierce, out of control competitor that wins most of the time at everything I do.

Would you say.  You are woman hear you roar?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Bragging on his ostentatious wealth is not why @ChiTownDoc sucks. Nor is the fact he's a Sooner. Nor the fact that he gets a bit smug after yet another win for OU over Texas in Dallas (cuz who wouldn't be smug?).

No, the reason ChiTown sucks is cuz he hasn't hooked me up with Angie Varona.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I can verify his wife is extremely horny. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

Lulz about people talking about "I could be the biggest donor EVAAAAR" ....are you one of the 756 Billionaires in the US?  If so I applaud you and wonder what you're doing on Surly.  Otherwise, I'm reminded of what someone here once said: "...and I have the biggest most satisfying dick on the Internet"

Edited by Horn of Gabriel

8 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Lulz about people talking about "I could be the biggest donor EVAAAAR" ....are you one of the 756 Billionaires in the US?  If so I applaud you and wonder what you're doing on Surly.  Otherwise, I'm reminded of what someone here once said: "...and I have the biggest most satisfying dick on the Internet"

Yeah on paper but most of those chips aren't cashed in.  Kind of insane considering I started shitposting on shaggy back in residency w the got damn statues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Not disagreeing with ChiTown here at all, but that focus and determination to be great isn't just something that pops up on gameday. It's the offeseason and the preseason and practices. It's the mindset day-in and day-out. By gameday, the cake is mostly baked and theirs is usually baked with more determination and scrappiness than ours. Which is why they beat us all the time.

We beat them last year.

We beat Alabama at Alabama this year. 

One play goes differently in this game and we're not sitting around talking about how we have a lack of dawgs. This board is 100 percent predictable.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I wish you would!! 🤤 

* the house moreso than the wife but these boys would happily oblige some kiss and tell over there —>

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I’m pretty satisfied with my tits if I do say so myself. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

We beat them last year.

We beat Alabama at Alabama this year. 

One play goes differently in this game and we're not sitting around talking about how we have a lack of dawgs. This board is 100 percent predictable.

I think we're agreeing. I'm talking about (recent)-historically and noting that Sark's regime is an improvement and movement in the right direction.

Historically, we fold. We fucked this game up, but we didn't fold. We weren't as tough and focused as we need to be, but in the recent past a game starts that badly for us and we collapse. But we didn't this time.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I wish you would!! 🤤 

* the house moreso than the wife but these boys would happily oblige some kiss and tell over there —>

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m pretty satisfied with my tits if I do say so myself. 

House pic for tits pic? 

jk / nr

• Haha 1

Just want to say I'm proud of this team. Fought hard through early adversity and took Gabriel playing hero ball to win the game. Quinn's first interception was a bizarre lapse in judgment, but his accuracy for a majority of the game was a thing of beauty. This team is very, very close to being what we know it can be. This year still feels like it could be special. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Just want to say I'm proud of this team. Fought hard through early adversity and took Gabriel playing hero ball to win the game. Quinn's first interception was a bizarre lapse in judgment, but his accuracy for a majority of the game was a thing of beauty. This team is very, very close to being what we know it can be. This year still feels like it could be special. 

To temper your optimism, here is Ethan Downs from Weatherford, Oklahoma manhandling a bonafide 1st round pick. 

• Fuck You 1

Ya know, Constant and Chitown are truly decent dudes but sitting here talking like their team didn't just barely escape when Texas played a terrible game with numerous self-inflicted head wounds is laughable.  To paraphrase ChiTown-- I sure hope the OU locker room is also thinking that way, because if so they'll get absolutely shit-hammered during the rematch in December.

Talk about overconfidence, good lord you reek of it. 

OK I'm done, I can now go back to liking Constant and ChiTown.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Ya know, Constant and Chitown are truly decent dudes but sitting here talking like their team didn't just barely escape when Texas played a terrible game with numerous self-inflicted head wounds is laughable.  To paraphrase ChiTown-- I sure hope the OU locker room is also thinking that way, because if so they'll get absolutely shit-hammered during the rematch in December.

calm the big lebowski GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Constant said:

To temper your optimism, here is Ethan Downs from Weatherford, Oklahoma manhandling a bonafide 1st round pick. 

Fucking Conner whiffed got smoked too. Not the first time I saw him standing around and falling on the pile after it either. wtf

Edited by mwaadeeb

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You’re spot on. But look at the OU sucks thread (I know.  That’s all of em)

There’s serious convos about why we think OU is anything but total dogshit going forward.  Not w trolls but bright posters like CTJ etc.  

And OU very likely loses a rematch.  So let us puff the chests a bit.  But not too much bc we are on a UT site.  🤘🏽

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Constant said:

Not sure I see anybody getting rag dolled here....what I see is 11 guys with the exception of one LB all attacking at the snap and winning the line based on that aggression.  Not leaking Helm out there for an easy pitch and catch TD was a crime of playcalling.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Lol. That was a classic rivalry loss for the favorite of I’ve ever seen one. 3 turnovers, 9 penalties(as the refs let ou hold 34 times) and a goal line stand and still needed a miracle 75 yard drive aided by a penalty to win on a last second td pass. I hope ou and all ou fans think they’re cfp material as they lose 2-3 games and not even make it to the December rematch. 

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

None of them are nurses, so I don't get the wealth flex.

I don’t have great wealth but I do have a huge dick. Trust me. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol. That was a classic rivalry loss for the favorite of I’ve ever seen one. 3 turnovers, 9 penalties(as the refs let ou hold 34 times) and a goal line stand and still needed a miracle 75 yard drive aided by a penalty to win on a last second td pass. I hope ou and all ou fans think they’re cfp material as they lose 2-3 games and not even make it to the December rematch. 

I don’t have great wealth but I do have a huge dick. Trust me. 

Can lose em all.  This was still sweet.  

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not sure I see anybody getting rag dolled here....what I see is 11 guys with the exception of one LB all attacking at the snap and winning the line based on that aggression.  Not leaking Helm out there for an easy pitch and catch TD was a crime of playcalling.  

Complete hyperbole. Our lines did not get “dominated”. They can tell themselves that all they want. Our lines got neutralized and lost plays at critical times of the game. Offensive line was expected, after losing a 30 Game Center. Defensive line was a bit of a surprise. Their effort looked a bit poor at times. 

Sark knew that our offensive line was degraded, 4 plays into the game. His playcalling at the goal line is a bit inexcusable. 

PK’s approach to containing Gabriel was straight baffling. Their game winning drive shows us shades of 2021 “bend then break” PK.

33 minutes ago, Constant said:

Watching that again and again, for all Brooks abilities he needs to understand to hit it up in there immediately. If he runs behind Sweat he is in on the right side. Same happened the play before this too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Can lose em all.  This was still sweet.  

Can't really hate. I talked my shit big time. Time to get my plate of crow. Tip o the cap to your boys. They played their asses off. Looks like we are both going into the SEC trending in the right direction. Anyway, Fuck OU. You and that @Constant motherfucker might be ok but look to your left and right. Y'all brought a whole Walmart with you.

I was more floored that Sark didn't attempt a pass from the 1 after the two stops on 1st and 2nd down. Really went against type there to run it 4 straight times. Then again, you should be able to get 1 yard with 4 attempts. I even said to mdleast when we lined up on 1st down that I bet we'd see a PA fake and a pass out. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Watching that again and again, for all Brooks abilities he needs to understand to hit it up in there immediately. If he runs behind Sweat he is in on the right side. Same happened the play before this too.

Pretty much every one of his TFLs are like that.  Waiting for things to play out while a backside end or LB catch up to him.  His patience and ability to follow block is one of his best attributes, but he needs to understand when it's time to lower the pads and go.  Sweat drives his guy 4 yards into the endzone and there's like 4 Sooners filling in behind before Brooks gets there.

• Hook 'Em 2

I was more floored that Sark didn't attempt a pass from the 1 after the two stops on 1st and 2nd down. Really went against type there to run it 4 straight times. Then again, you should be able to get 1 yard with 4 attempts. I even said to mdleast when we lined up on 1st down that I bet we'd see a PA fake and a pass out. 

That was his tom herman build toughness moment. Fuck all that. Just score.
  • Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Constant said:

Lulz at manhandling and rag-dolls. We must have different definitions of such terms. It was a good play by Downs (lol, what a name), however. 

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Can't really hate. I talked my shit big time. Time to get my plate of crow. Tip o the cap to your boys. They played their asses off. Looks like we are both going into the SEC trending in the right direction. Anyway, Fuck OU. You and that @Constant motherfucker might be ok but look to your left and right. Y'all brought a whole Walmart with you.

There’s a reason I post here.  No argument on fan IQ.  Scoreboard forever.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He didn't. It was 3 with the quick whip route to X (and the no facemask call.)

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Pretty much every one of his TFLs are like that.  Waiting for things to play out while a backside end or LB catch up to him.  His patience and ability to follow block is one of his best attributes, but he needs to understand when it's time to lower the pads and go.  Sweat drives his guy 4 yards into the endzone and there's like 4 Sooners filling in behind before Brooks gets there.

Totally right! If I'm him I am following Sweat. Murph is cool and all but 360 is 360.

Yea I watched that play and didn’t see anyone get rag dolled? But it’s okie dumb dumbs. It’s one step and I mean a slight step above aggy. Saw a guy yesterday in overalls, no shirt, mullet, and a reverse tramp stamp where it’s on the top of his back right below his neckline, and it was the sun like on the old sound garden album. Wearing a wagon on his head. This is sooner. Bunch of fucking dorks. I don’t get it but aggy thinks milkmen are cool and turdition so I guess ou thinks huge fat fans squeezing into ou jerseys, wearing a wagon on there head and coloring their hair crimson is turdition too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea I watched that play and didn’t see anyone get rag dolled? But it’s okie dumb dumbs. It’s one step and I mean a slight step above aggy. Saw a guy yesterday in overalls, no shirt, mullet, and a reverse tramp stamp where it’s on the top of his back right below his neckline, and it was the sun like on the old sound garden album. Wearing a wagon on his head. This is sooner. Bunch of fucking dorks. I don’t get it but aggy thinks milkmen are cool and turdition so I guess ou thinks huge fat fans squeezing into ou jerseys, wearing a wagon on there head and coloring their hair crimson is turdition too. 

*their

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We were tallking about how OU comes out vs us. 

I asked troph whether or not angry people win football games. You inserted yourself and babbled about 13 games. You then mentioned one game. Now you are tall king about something else.

Never mind.