Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I just don’t agree with any notion that we were prepared to just let OU dictate terms and we treated it like a normal game. We tried to do a double pass on the opening kickoff, faked a punt the second drive, blocked a punt in the first quarter, went for it on 4th down three times in the first half. I don’t think Quinn threw that first INT because he was thinking this is just another game!

They delivered punches. We delivered punches. They delivered the final punch. We lost by 4 in the final seconds. It happens.

Pretty much this. During Sarks three years, I have never gotten the feeling that the team wasn’t ready for this game mentally. Kirk and Chris even pointed out that it was the most physical game that they witnessed so far this season. There were multiple times in the first half and after Ewers fumbled in the third quarter where they could have easily folded. 

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Your vag is bleeding so much still. Its 3 days later. Get a grip.

You don’t understand the necessary mindset. You’re crying that I’m pointing out the truth.

It’s ok. Not everyone played sports. Let the adults talk now. 

14 minutes ago, Cajun said:

It wasn’t what Sark said, it’s how the Texas players acted.  They were not there to eat souls.  Not even close.

‘And pretending that has nothing to do with what rolls downhill from the HC is, well, pretending.

It's exactly what Sark said and how he said it that was the problem. What I saw was players' body language that said "get the fuck away from me coach so I can focus on kicking some ass." But Sark's "have fun" butt taps, and doing what he's told by some shithead network administrative aide is a big problem. He's starting to look like the proverbial deer in the headlights. Made the big time - needs to be careful to not rock the boat. Play by the rules. Skipping around like Alice in Fucking Wonderland. Fuck that....

And what's with that white fucking jumpsuit he had on? Looked like a male stewardess.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Hard to have a deep hatred for the other team when your QB is dating a chick from there. Like an actual deep hatred that makes no logical sense. I think that’s what people are referring to here, there’s taking it seriously as a big game and a rival and then there’s hating everything about OU with every fiber of your being.

They played like they hated Texas like that and we played like a big rivalry game. none of our players went and got stupid tattoos that are dumb as hell after 49-0. I also think the irrational hatred is why they give up when getting whooped. Had the first half not been such a cluster fuck turnover disaster this game would have opened up and I think we see another give up performance from OU. Instead big mental errors kept them in the game and the extra oomph from “taking it to Texas” kept them competing to the very end

I would say having been to the past 3 meetings of Ohio State & Michigan and the past however many of TX OU it’s very similar vibes in the Michigan/Texas sides of these and Ohio State/OU sides. There’s a certain professionalism vibe in the Michigan Texas sideline/staff and there’s a certain pure hatred and disdain vibe from the Ohio state/OU sidelines/staff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I think the concept of intensity level or being angry or whatever takes a backseat to just being prepared and certain of it.

You can be calm as shit and execute at a high level with confidence and break your opponent by being tactical and efficient.

Athletes can be over hyped and make sloppy mistakes.

It's dumb to say "Texas needs to be spitting nails" as if that's the only missing ingredient.

The first three plays said everything :

1) Kickoff was foreboding. Texas had an apparently open lateral pass concept from Redd (I think) to Worthy, but didn't execute it. Why? Just a fake or trepidation? Worthy was all alone and gets at least 40 yards more or scores. It'd be a brilliant open because you know OU would be flying and wanting to smash in to "set the tone."

And they did. OU flys in but grabs a facemask (over-hyped). It should've been called but it wasn't. 

2) First offensive play was a screen. It wasn't terrible. But Sanders completely whiffs on his block. Worthy gets 8 to 10 or more if he doesn't miss that.

3) Then Quinn's bad decision. 

Suddenly it's a turnover, short field and playing from behind. 

Texas finally settles in, but they were still just off enough all day. 

The team had the talent to win, undoubtedly.

It wasn't "shitting lightning" that was necessarily missing. But it was a proper preparation and execution and for some reason there wasn't initial confidence.

That's the odd part and the dissonance I had anyway.

If looked nothing like the calm, poised and well-prepared team that went into Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Not sure why Texas fans assumed he wouldn’t be. Can’t even begin to count how many times I read we’ll be wandering the desert for a decade, he’s charlie strong, etc. 

Texas fans and Brandon Walker thought he’d fail. Great company to hold. 

I thought at some point bob stoops would get sucked into a sinkhole never to be seen again, fans of rival schools think silly shit. In the end it was more of a hope he blows than a for sure he's going to blow, at least that's how I felt lol. 

19 minutes ago, Cajun said:

It wasn’t what Sark said, it’s how the Texas players acted.  They were not there to eat souls.  Not even close.

‘And pretending that has nothing to do with what rolls downhill from the HC is, well, pretending.

What a day for band names! Soul Eaters! 

Gotta love it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

This. It's not that Texas needs to come out all jacked up hair on fire etc.  But they do need to come out and be prepared from the first play to have a 100% concentrated effort for 60 minutes.

I like the way Texas responded to early adversity, but the point is that Texas could have avoided it almost entirely and then I think we are watching a different game after that if that happens.

In the end, there are a handful of plays, some unforced errors, and mitigating factors that contributed to the loss and both teams had them.

It just looked like OU cherished the moment more and had better concentration and took advantage of it.

This game came down to a number of plays, any one of which could have turned the outcome. But if Texas plays with concentration from the get go, then I think OU needs more than one play to come up with the victory. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I disagree with the notion that we were unprepared, we were the less physical team, or that we didn't have the right mindset. I just think that OU is a LOT better than we thought they were. Impressed (and fucking frustrated) with how they've turned things around in one year. We lost a close one because of turnovers and a few mistakes. But we didn't get outplayed, didn't get pushed around, didn't make too many of stupid mistakes (the running into the punter and the picks come to mind). This loss doesn't feel as bad as many of the other losses to them.  

But it's tough to beat a team twice in one season, and I think we'll get another crack at them in a game that will matter more. 

Edit: Regarding mindset, the biggest issue is that they expect to win, and we hope we will win.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

I think the concept of intensity level or being angry or whatever takes a backseat to just being prepared and certain of it.

You can be calm as shit and execute at a high level with confidence and break your opponent by being tactical and efficient.

It's dumb to say "Texas needs to be spitting nails" as if that's the only missing ingredient.

1) Kickoff was foreboding. Texas had an apparently open lateral pass concept from Redd (I think) to Worthy, but didn't execute it. Why? Just a fake or trepidation? Worthy was all alone and gets at least 40 yards more or scores. It'd be a brilliant open because you know OU would be flying and wanting to smash in to "set the tone."

And they did. OU flys in but grabs a facemask (over-hyped). It should've been called but it wasn't. 

2) First offensive play was a screen. It wasn't terrible. But Sanders completely whiffs on his block. Worthy gets 8 to 10 or more if he doesn't miss that.

It wasn't "shitting lightning" that was necessarily missing. But it was a proper preparation and execution and for some reason there wasn't initial confidence.

If looked nothing like the calm, poised and well-prepared team that went into Alabama.

This is where I’m at almost exactly. Let’s not take credit away from Oklahoma for showing up and playing the best game they will probably play all year, but that was barely enough to beat a Texas who played arguably their least disciplined and worst executed game all year. Texas fucked up a lot of big things all day. Oklahoma had the normal big moment couldn’t convert type stuff, but nothing egregious. Punt block in end zone is hardly anyone on OUs fault it was just shitty field position and crazy athletes doing crazy athlete things. 

quinns 2 interceptions are huge difference makers. The fumble was such a huge momentum swing. It really is difficult to overcome 3 turnovers and a negated punt from the penalty, but Texas did and then the coaches shit down their fucking leg with 1:17 to go. It’s just absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

being the QB at texas and dating any girl, let alone one in a different state seems like a missed opportunity for quinn. 

quinns 2 interceptions are huge difference makers. The fumble was such a huge momentum swing. It really is difficult to overcome 3 turnovers and a negated punt from the penalty. It’s just absurd. 

To take your Texas/UofM comp a step further. This reminded me a lot of the TCU game last year. Michigan played horrible, had terrible turnovers and questionable calls against them, and still barely lost. Play that game 10 Times TCU may win 2. 

Texas should feel good about getting that out of their system and being refocused for the rematch and a spot in the playoffs. 

Edited by Juicy

The eat souls stuff is nonsense. Texas hasn’t come in to this game flat and gotten its doors blown in since Mack in 2011. If we execute one or two plays differently nobody is talking about this emotion crap.

They didn’t execute in critical moment against a similarly talented team. That’s it, that’s the game. It has jack shit to do with who was more excited for it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Meanwhile (outside of the Malcolm Brown's and Bijan) our best guys to reach the next level were 3️ last minute offers. (Connor Williams, D'onta Foreman)

Williams and D'onta are bad examples.  We were on Donta early and basically only Texas was after him.  But he had a brother that was TXHS OPOY that everyone was after.

Everyone was after Connor Williams despite his ranking.  Georgia even made a push on him after he was thought to be a Texas lean.

Meanwhile (outside of the Malcolm Brown's and Bijan) our best guys to reach the next level were 3️ last minute offers. (Connor Williams, D'onta Foreman)

Williams and D'onta are bad examples.  We were on Donta early and basically only Texas was after him.  But he had a brother that was TXHS OPOY that everyone was after.

Everyone was after Connor Williams despite his ranking.  Georgia even made a push on him after he was thought to be a Texas lean.

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The eat souls stuff is nonsense. Texas hasn’t come in to this game flat and gotten its doors blown in since Mack in 2011. If we execute one or two plays differently nobody is talking about this emotion crap.

They didn’t execute in critical moment against a similarly talented team. That’s it, that’s the game. It has jack shit to do with who was more excited for it.

On top of that, the record that is tilted towards OU only shows how shitty we are at hiring good coaches. 

You don't follow recruiting do you?

Donta had a twin brother that was TXHS player of the year that everyone was after.  This wasn't a last minute grab.

Everyone was after Connor Williams despite his ranking.  Georgia even made a in-home push on him after he was thought to be a Texas lean.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

You don't follow recruiting do you?

Donta had a twin brother that was TXHS player of the year that everyone was after.  This wasn't a last minute grab.

Everyone was after Connor Williams despite his ranking.  Georgia even made a in-home push on him after he was thought to be a Texas lean.

#111 in final composite for Armanti.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

#111 in final composite for Armanti.

Yeah. I was thinking he was 4*.  We offered them at the same time IIRC and I was the only one on the recruiting board saying the Donta needed to be a take by himself even if his brother went somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Levi said:

On top of that, the record that is tilted towards OU only shows how shitty we are at hiring good coaches. 

Outside of Mack, we've been shit at hiring coaches since Akers. I've said before and I still don't have a definitive answer but what had changed from the pre Akers to post Akers in terms of our hiring process for head coaches? We have almost 40 years of coaching hires with only 1 being successful so far. I think it is still to early to say on Sark at this point.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

43 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is where I’m at almost exactly. Let’s not take credit away from Oklahoma for showing up and playing the best game they will probably play all year, but that was barely enough to beat a Texas who played arguably their least disciplined and worst executed game all year. Texas fucked up a lot of big things all day. Oklahoma had the normal big moment couldn’t convert type stuff, but nothing egregious. Punt block in end zone is hardly anyone on OUs fault it was just shitty field position and crazy athletes doing crazy athlete things. 

quinns 2 interceptions are huge difference makers. The fumble was such a huge momentum swing. It really is difficult to overcome 3 turnovers and a negated punt from the penalty, but Texas did and then the coaches shit down their fucking leg with 1:17 to go. It’s just absurd. 

They ran tempo, with quick hitters/passes, their OL beat our DL and that was that.  PK had no answer.  Our DL needed to beat their OL.

the running into the kicker up 14-10 and getting the ball back changed the whole game.  fucking idiots.  call punt safe and get the damn ball back.

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

Let’s not take credit away from Oklahoma for showing up and playing the best game they will probably play all year

People keep saying this but it kind of smells like copium.

The tempo three and out inside their own five that led to the blocked punt TD - and then of course not having max protection in an obvious punt block situation - was laughable, Charlie Strong type coaching. They botched a perfectly called 4th down conversion and dropped a walk in TD. Gabriel put a ball right in Jerrin Thompson's chest in the endzone, was largely neutered in the deep passing game, and was only 60% completion (do have to credit the Texas DL for doing a decent job of getting their hands up for forcing some awkward throws from a short QB). Their conventional run game was basically non existent. They badly missed a FG that would have effectively ended the game. They evidently had a kick block unit out on Texas's 4th and 4 before Sark called time.

Texas didn't lose to some significantly inferior opponent playing their A++ game. OU was dealt the better hand from the officials and had some flat out good luck, but just as we are sitting here looking at several different ways the outcome could have been different, OU left meat on the bone in several different spots and could have blown that game wide the fuck open. Not unlike what we felt lookin at the Bama game from our end. They played better than Texas, and yes I think Texas has more opportunities to improve and flip the outcome, but in a hypothetical rematch they're as much or more likely to play better than to play worse.

17 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It was real enough on Saturday. Oklahoma was visibly the more aggressive and physical team and Texas did not ultimately have a counter for that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Outside of Mack, we've been shit at hiring coaches since Akers. I've said before and I still don't have a definitive answer but what had changed from the pre Akers to post Akers in terms of our hiring process for head coaches? We have almost 40 years of coaching hires with only 1 being successful so far. I think it is still to early to say on Sark at this point.

Sark isn't going to do it but he's light years better than Charlie.  better than McWilliams. He's not even better than Herman yet.  I think he can be better than Herman.. the way to show he's the guy is to start beating the piss out of teams his team should beat the piss out of.  

last year we started well and faded,  this year the opposite.  maybe he puts it together but it will be difficult being the play caller also.  

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

They ran tempo, with quick hitters/passes, their OL beat our DL and that was that.  PK had no answer.  Our DL needed to beat their OL.

the running into the kicker up 14-10 and getting the ball back changed the whole game.  fucking idiots.  call punt safe and get the damn ball back.

That was a really hard pill to swallow because it wasn't some bullshit flag. Maybe a little acting from the punter but they clearly got there late and made plenty of contact. You have to have the situational awareness from both coaches and players to not fuck around with that in a 4th and 4 situation. You already got a punt block TD that completely negated a turnover, and just got a stop after taking the lead. Do not put that at risk for a low percentage haymaker. That was one of many places Texas had an opportunity to take control of the game and failed to do so. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

I agree. Alabama (to me) never looks like spitting mad on the sideline but executes at a high level since Saban has been on a roll. Texas needs to get to that level. 

Soul eaters.  Hair on fire.  Whatever the reason this team didn't seem prepared like they did vs. AL.  It's been revealed that AL are not the world beaters they have been in the past, but they are GOOD team.  It's execution on the biggest stage and not making so many fucking mistakes.  

For all his warts, post-OU beatings, Mack would rally and focus the team and go on a tear.  That is what I need to see before I believe.  Rip this shitty conference a new asshole, destroy everyone in your path and roll into the Big12 championship game with momentum.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sark isn't going to do it but he's light years better than Charlie.  better than McWilliams. He's not even better than Herman yet.  I think he can be better than Herman.. the way to show he's the guy is to start beating the piss out of teams his team should beat the piss out of.  

last year we started well and faded,  this year the opposite.  maybe he puts it together but it will be difficult being the play caller also.  

I think we’re 2 years away from our best team 

There was minimal contact on the running into the punter. Absolutely no risk of injury. It’s a safety penalty as opposed gaining an unfair advantage penalty.

Punters flop. You call that shit you are are encouraging flopping.

It was stupid on our part and should have never been a possibility. But it was a shitty call.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, EastHorn said:

I agree. Alabama (to me) never looks like spitting mad on the sideline but executes at a high level since Saban has been on a roll. Texas needs to get to that level. 

The team doesn't, but Saban does.  It's well known even after an easy win, he looks for something to scream & rail about to help keep the team focused.  He also makes in game adjustments that have earned him a few titles.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That was a really hard pill to swallow because it wasn't some bullshit flag. Maybe a little acting from the punter but they clearly got there late and made plenty of contact. You have to have the situational awareness from both coaches and players to not fuck around with that in a 4th and 4 situation. You already got a punt block TD that completely negated a turnover, and just got a stop after taking the lead. Do not put that at risk for a low percentage haymaker. That was one of many places Texas had an opportunity to take control of the game and failed to do so. 

it was basically another turnover.  just monumentally stupid.  that is on the ST coach.  you need to remind  20 year olds over and over don't try to be a fucking hero, especially on 4th and 4..  I don't think a punt block was called but you call punt safe and remind everyone not to get close to the punter.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it was basically another turnover.  just monumentally stupid.  that is on the ST coach.  you need to remind  20 year olds over and over don't try to be a fucking hero, especially on 4th and 4..  I don't think a punt block was called but you call punt safe and remind everyone not to get close to the punter.

Problem was the team blocked one earlier for a score - not sure that was the mindset that they try and get another and create momentum for a stalled offense.  

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Soul eaters.  Hair on fire.  Whatever the reason this team didn't seem prepared like they did vs. AL.  It's been revealed that AL are not the world beaters they have been in the past, but they are GOOD team.  It's execution on the biggest stage and not making so many fucking mistakes.  

For all his warts, post-OU beatings, Mack would rally and focus the team and go on a tear.  That is what I need to see before I believe.  Rip this shitty conference a new asshole, destroy everyone in your path and roll into the Big12 championship game with momentum.  

this is what I am looking for.  hold your shitty DC accountable.  hold your ST coach accountable.  Be the head coach not just the OC.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Problem was the team blocked one earlier for a score - not sure that was the mindset that they try and get another and create momentum for a stalled offense.  

The interesting thing is our offense really wasn't particularly "stalled" in the first half.  We had 2 "short" possessions.  The opening 2 play interception possession and then one 6 play, gain 2 yards and punt possession.  The other possessions were 10 play/60 yards that ended in interception in end zone, 9 play/85 yards that ended in TD and 10 play/68 yards that ended in FG.  It's hard to say what the first possession would have done of course and it counts but in 3 of 5 possessions in the first half the offense drove 60+ yards.  It's crazy that we were forced to punt once in that game while OU was forced to punt 5 times (one they got back on the RITK penalty) but turnovers and that shitshow at the one will fucking kill you as ultimately gave them more possessions.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BabaYaga said:

and that is on the ST coach.  you gambled and won.  take the winnings.  

and the O had just gone 85 yards in 9 plays for a TD

• Rage+1 1

The last time my daughter and I went was 2021, which was another of those games where neither side leaves early.  We got caught up in a sea of humanity leaving after that game and I was sure we were going to be trampled to death.  I had a vise grip on her hand because I knew if she got pulled away that she would be a goner and nothing but a grease spot on the pavement.  We finally found a nook next to one of the shops where we could hide out and we waited at least 45 minutes before we felt like it was safe to venture out.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's crazy that we were forced to punt once in that game while OU was forced to punt 5 times (one they got back on the RITK penalty) but turnovers and that shitshow at the one will fucking kill you as ultimately gave them more possessions.  

This.  We let them stay in the game with turnovers.  

Moreover, I said from the beginning (as did a couple of other posters) that this game hinged on the D line vs their O line.  I really thought our D line would crush them.  They did not.  

Edited by Biff Tannen

26 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The team doesn't, but Saban does.  It's well known even after an easy win, he looks for something to scream & rail about to help keep the team focused.  He also makes in game adjustments that have earned him a few titles.  

This. This right here. Enough isn't acceptable. All I want is everything you have, and if I don't get it, you're going to hear about it. In team situations, I'm on the team's ass. Individually, we're having it out in private. 

One more time: the HC/OC has to put on his Head Coach hat and get on the DC and this bullshit prevent stuff, this bullshit letting the other guy's OL steer our edges outside and past their QB.Every. Fucking. Time. You didn't expect their QB to run? Well, fuckhead, he's been running the whole fucking game, are you gonna stop him or not?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The last time my daughter and I went was 2021, which was another of those games where neither side leaves early.  We got caught up in a sea of humanity leaving after that game and I was sure we were going to be trampled to death.  I had a vise grip on her hand because I knew if she got pulled away that she would be a goner and nothing but a grease spot on the pavement.  We finally found a nook next to one of the shops where we could hide out and we waited at least 45 minutes before we felt like it was safe to venture out.

Yall gotta go more often. 

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  We let them stay in the game with turnovers.  

Moreover, I said from the beginning (as did a couple of other posters) that this game hinged on the D line vs their O line.  I really thought our D line would crush them.  They did not.  

When they weren't being dragged down by their jerseys they actually played well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Of the 3 turnovers, the fumble was the most easily preventable. While it's the QB's job to minimize interceptions, there's a lot going on any given play. Throw enough passes, they will happen. But all he had to do was double wrap that ball to prevent the fumble. He knew contact was imminent.

27 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

There was minimal contact on the running into the punter. Absolutely no risk of injury. It’s a safety penalty as opposed gaining an unfair advantage penalty.

Punters flop. You call that shit you are are encouraging flopping.

It was stupid on our part and should have never been a possibility. But it was a shitty call.

It was monumentally stupid because that penalty getting called is a given if you're Texas. They said it was BJ Allen in the game, but I think it was Keilan Robinson. They both wear #7. Since he's not a feature RB, he's desperate to make splash plays on special teams and often takes risks he shouldn't. Like was said above, Jeff Banks HAS to keep those guys under leash in situations like that.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

People keep saying this (about playing their best game of the year) but it kind of smells like copium.

it will NOT be OU's best game of the year per FEI's Game Ratings but that's only because of how much they smoked the hell out of Arkansas State

those are opponent adjusted and exclude garbage time.

image.png.890e63948eece66e2b8b0484e7be5768.png

they played a very, very good game vs Texas but the odds of them having that success rate again, being that successful running the ball, being that successful in the red zone, and getting that much HAVOC are extremely low.

image.png.234d0f056f2aad402f0cef24b76ef09d.png

here they were vs Iowa State fore example (%tile vs Texas in red)

image.png.cea976d645d7815add0c62939c764d6a.png

and Cincy (%tile vs Texas in red)

image.png.9208a5495e6ef82ee413d117e80afe8c.png

the rematch in December is going to be very good but don't get it twisted - they played a very, very, very good game that is unlikely to be re-created. the odds of this being their new baseline is very low considering we had a 5 game baseline before this.

here is where the copium starts - i fully expect this to show up on message board geniuses.

OU won the middle 8. OU won when rushing (!!!). OU won on early downs.

OU was +3 in turnovers, +4 in sacks, +11% in HAVOC created, had more than 2x as much HAVOC from their front 7 as Texas did, were +10% in run stuff rate, +43% in red zone success, +4% in stop rate, had +10 points in turnover luck, had half as many penalties as Texas and had 4 of the 5 big plays in this game by absolute EPA...they still had to have a drive down the length of the field with no time outs to win.

OU played THAT much better and still only had a 59% postgame winning expectancy per Bill C lol. will share the advanced box score he puts out when it's done.

Texas should absolutely win out and then absolutely beat those Okie asses in the B12 championship.