Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

A buddy of mine, who is a former JSOC guy (Green Beret) and is now an independent contractor who gets interviewed on the major news channels, told me we do not have enough good intel to send in our top guys.  His point is we have around 300 Delta Force operators.  It takes a lot of time and money to train those guys up.

You do not risk getting 30 of those guys getting killed to rescue hostages unless the risk to the operators is low.  You risk 30 of those guys getting killed to stop a nuclear attack no matter the risk.  But not to rescue hostages.

He referenced how much it hurt and was difficult to replace the 15 Seal Team 6 guys who died in Afghanistan.  Those tier one operators are difficult to replace.

All true.

We know they're over there because of the whole doxxing fiasco online.  They are tremendous at putting together target packages and location of the bad guys (see Escobar), but I don't see them actively engaged.  Let the IDF SF do the heavy lifting

Edited by BabaYaga

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Four shots espresso, no sugar, no milk. Tastier than the espresso I make at home, damn it.

I don’t mind them. When I go to Barnes and Noble I get a grande coffee with some half and half. Most of the time I make some coffee at home though, but nothing wrong with an espresso or regular coffee from there.

He suffers from the same circle of trust that Putin does, as many tyrannical leaders do.  Too many people telling him he's the smartest person in the room.  Happens even here in the West.  But unlike our own high-functioning retards, Xi is an actual highly-intelligent person.  He has already gamed this out and knows how, for the next few years at least, an invasion/annexation of Taiwan plays out with his trading partners.  His cadre can cheerlead all they want, but in the end---he knows how this goes.  Taking another crack at it around 2030 or so is the wiser move.  He's a young 70.  He's got time and lots of mentees to puppetmaster.

We really love to hype up the opposition. I remember when the average russian didnt take a dump without a plan. Now we understand that plan is to steal a toilet.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

A buddy of mine, who is a former JSOC guy (Green Beret) and is now an independent contractor who gets interviewed on the major news channels, told me we do not have enough good intel to send in our top guys.  His point is we have around 300 Delta Force operators.  It takes a lot of time and money to train those guys up.

You do not risk getting 30 of those guys getting killed to rescue hostages unless the risk to the operators is low.  You risk 30 of those guys getting killed to stop a nuclear attack no matter the risk.  But not to rescue hostages.

He referenced how much it hurt and was difficult to replace the 15 Seal Team 6 guys who died in Afghanistan.  Those tier one operators are difficult to replace.

Your buddy should probably stfu.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

On 11/1/2023 at 4:30 AM, FartingMonk said:

They are trying to avoid Mogadishu and Operation Red Wings type stuff.  Military always says lessons and procedures are written in blood.  We lost a lot of special forces fighting terrorists in the urban desert environment because those guys learned that hiding in civilian populations set up easy ambush.  I think after Red wings when we lost 2 battalions of Tier 1 operators, it was quietly pushed that some collateral damage was acceptable.  ie drop smaller bombs

Not quite sure about your math....😃

Peyton Manning What GIF by Gatorade

On 11/1/2023 at 10:45 AM, Frank Drebin said:

The talent pool is always there. It's the experience / knowledge base which is difficult to replace.

16 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Your buddy should probably stfu.  

What Frank Drebin's buddy said is pretty much common knowledge. All that quoted above can be found at any library (Mostly from former SeALs and their book deals 🤷‍♂️).

Since the start of GWOT, what the press and a couple of administrations have released particularly about SeAL Team 6, along with Delta, the 160th or the other components from the Air Force (CCT/PJs) and Marine MARSOC is readily available.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Not quite sure about your math....😃

Peyton Manning What GIF by Gatorade

The talent pool is always there. It's the experience / knowledge base which is difficult to replace.

What Frank Drebin's buddy said is pretty much common knowledge. All that quoted above can be found at any library (Mostly from former SeALs and their book deals 🤷‍♂️).

Since the start of GWOT, what the press and a couple of administrations have released particularly about SeAL Team 6, along with Delta, the 160th or the other components from the Air Force (CCT/PJs) and Marine MARSOC is readily available.

i may have combining red wing and extortion 17 incidents. 

8 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Just funnin' with you....

SEAL teams don't operate in battalion size (450-500 in training, can be larger in combat) strength. Ranger batts are that size, but even then normally don't operate or deploy at the full battalion size/strength. Usually in company or companies.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

You're good.

Red Wing's losses were 12 SEALS and 8 Night Stalkers (160th)

Extortion 17 was 30 US personnel and a military K9. 17 SEALs and a dog handler, 4 NSW support, 5 Army aircrew (Reserve and NG) 3USAF (2 PJs and 1 CCT) 8  Afghan Commandoes were also on board.

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Just funnin' with you....

SEAL teams don't operate in battalion size (450-500 in training, can be larger in combat) strength. Ranger batts are that size, but even then normally don't operate or deploy at the full battalion size/strength. Usually in company or companies.

damn my bad.  i forgot the order of battle.   I was thinking platoon.  not battalion.  on the submarine we'd get about 100 of those freeloading mouth breathers that came onboard.  only about 15-20 of them were actual SEALs.  The rest of them were faggot wannabe divers.  Or as A-gang called them, SEALs bitches.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

damn my bad.  i forgot the order of battle.   I was thinking platoon.  not battalion.  on the submarine we'd get about 100 of those freeloading mouth breathers that came onboard.  only about 15-20 of them were actual SEALs.  The rest of them were faggot wannabe divers.  Or as A-gang called them, SEALs bitches.

Yeah, I remember now that you were a sub guy. 

Not to disrespect SeALs (sister service rivalry and all) but working with them, I'm not sure which are worse about the love of their bodies or hair, them or PJs! 😂 Matt Best has some great videos covering the subject on his IG. Sums them both up well. 

Check Me Out Derek Hough GIF by Hairspray Live!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You're good.

Red Wing's losses were 12 SEALS and 8 Night Stalkers (160th)

Extortion 17 was 30 US personnel and a military K9. 17 SEALs and a dog handler, 4 NSW support, 5 Army aircrew (Reserve and NG) 3USAF (2 PJs and 1 CCT) 8  Afghan Commandoes were also on board.

yeah, that ain't two battalions. Also, at the last minute a new interpreter was brought in. Fucked up day for sure. 

Anyone who goes over the bridge in Bastrop will see a name. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/1/2023 at 9:48 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Four shots espresso, no sugar, no milk. Tastier than the espresso I make at home, damn it.

Starbucks do not know how to make espresso.  They make concentrated bean water.

I'll happily serve you my home espresso or pay for a drink at a shop so you can be properly coffee-pilled.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

This seems like the next outrage spreading around today.  

NPR Reporter is pessimistic

There's about 8 more tweets in the thread so click the thread reader link for the rest

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1720431360609755410.html

The point about Israel's tolerance for high civilian casualties being the Achilles heel of entire operation is spot-on.  Israel looks to be heading for a textbook example of "how to win the battle and lose the war."  Which, as a state led by Bibi Netanyahu, checks out.

• Hook 'Em 5

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The point about Israel's tolerance for high civilian casualties being the Achilles heel of entire operation is spot-on.  Israel looks to be heading for a textbook example of "how to win the battle and lose the war."  Which, as a state led by Bibi Netanyahu, checks out.

Serious question: what is high, medium and low for civilian casualties?

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Serious question: what is high, medium and low for civilian casualties?

The only correct answer is "it depends."  It's circumstantial.  Oh, and it's cynical as hell, in that the tipping point is "for a given situation, what will be the tipping point of what is understandable/acceptable to the broader audience?"  And that may change block by block, target by target.