KICK THE FIELD GOAL

RomaVicta

this is the rant I posted in the "seven win sark" thread.....belongs more in here now that there is a thread.....you are 100% right

Sark does not fucking get it still....not kicking the fucking field goal when up 21-0 was amateur hour G5 coaching bullshit like G5 Tom did......I get the idea of twisting the knife, but you are early in the fucking game and anything can happen and they are already bleeding out and instead of stabbing them another time even for 3 you fucking throw some gauze at them and run over and hide behind the fucking chainsaws to have a good cry about the bad things that almost happened to you like a dumb cunt in a shitty horror movie....well they patched themselves up and got up and chased your ass around with a fucking chainsaw you stupid bitch and almost cut your fucking head off at the end

that 3 points would have been only slightly less demoralizing than 7 points and then another kick off and offensive series facing being down 3 scores (with 2 point conversions) or realistically 4 scores......instead they were hopping around like they had just arrived in Kansas City because of a failed attempt to go for it on 4th and got some life

that is just dumb ass coaching bullshit especially against a program that knows this is the last time they will even sniff Texas in their shitty stajium and that has lived for that moment for the last 15+ years

and of course late in the game that 3 points being on the board would have made things much more of a panic for them and much more urgent which is when a drunken, one dimensional, can't coach for shit, fucking fool coaching for his job fucks things all up and his shitty team implodes

this is not the first time Sark has done this dumb shit either he needs to fucking learn.....the only good news is Texas finally has a team that does not fall apart when the coach does dumb shit like in the past and plays through it

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sark is good about deciding when to go for it and when not to imo. I didn't like the decision today but mainly I didn't like the stupid fake attempt. 

He'd be the first one to tell you he fucked that up. Unlike Herman. 

fuck I forgot about that.....it was also stupid

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You kick the FG unless you need more than 3 points and there is only enough time for maybe one or two more possessions. We should have kicked the FG against OU as well.

We did kick a FG against OU with 1:17 left and most of this board lost its shit…

We did kick a FG against OU with 1:17 left and most of this board lost its shit…
The complaint was the play calling leading up to it, and the distance.
This board can't decide if Sark is too aggressive or not too aggressive enough

Stupid aggressive and smart aggressive are two different things. He probably called that fake just to get Auburn popped for missing a few earlier this season.

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

Stupid aggressive and smart aggressive are two different things. He probably called that fake just to get Auburn popped for missing a few earlier this season.

There’s a fine line between clever and stupid. 

2 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Running a play that requires Auburn to run for six yards isn’t aggressive, it’s just stupid. 

Exactly. You want to be aggressive, fine. Put the offense out there and go for it. But if you put Auburn out there, just kick the damn FG. Also, just kick the damn FG when you're already up 2 scores. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

It looks even worse/dumber from that angle.

Actually, it looks like if 23 & 24 for Houston crash hard to go for the block, Sideshow easily gets the 1st and more.   Not sure what TX had seen on film, are 23 and 24 usually going for the block?  If they usually just sit back and wait like they did on this play, then dumb call.  If they normally rush hard, then it may have been just bad luck that they chose this play to not rush.  

15 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Running a play that requires Auburn to run for six yards isn’t aggressive, it’s just stupid. 

It actually required him to run for 13 maybe even 14 yards when you consider the 7 yard FG set-up drop and the backward nature of the pass.   Asking a FG kicker to run for 6 yards is dumb, asking a FG kicker to run for 13 or 14 yards is peak lunacy.

• Hook 'Em 2

this decision is basically a summation of Sark as a head coach.  you have a defense that just recently showed that when playing an actual starting QB folds like a cheap tent.

Sark is busy trying to figure out what to do on O and he's got monkey man decided to run a fake FG for 6 yards with your kicker when 3 points A) stops Houston's momentum, B) gives you a score before half, knowing you don't get the ball after the half, C) gives you a 3 score lead potentially going into half and D) you are on the road.

A guy who is focused on being HC tells Monkey Man to shut up and kick the fucking FG.

It was a mind numbingly stupid decision.  Also, the holder needs to have a way to call it off and call a TO.  that play had no chance the way Houston was lined up.  It was so bad that AUburn had to juke a defender just to get 2 yards.

Sark needs a dick tomey

• Hook 'Em 2

Last night, ASU was nursing a 1 point lead over undefeated Washington. They had 4th and short in field goal range. They went for it... and threw a pick six, giving Washington the lead.

Washington never looked back.

Kick the fucking field goal. It's 3 points, not cholera.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Might be just wanting it on tape so he could pass out of it. 4D chess or some dumb shit.

The sad thing is I noticed the pass was backward and that a tight end on the right side leaking out would have probably been wide open.  Then I guessed that sark was setting this all up now in a throwaway game to trick Georgia in the championship.  Then I came back down to earth and realized it was just a stupid fucking call.  This all happened in my head in the space of about 7 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The correct answer here is that HC Sark was busy with OC thoughts and let ST Banks make the call. 

csb: Years ago I saw a HS run the fake FG similarly. They lined up for the FG and the whole sidelines started screaming No no no and running down the sidelines as far as allowed, waving their arms and whatnot. The kicker started trotting to the sideline and the D stood up, going WTF? Then, of course, they snapped to the holder, who passed it to the kicker, who basically trotted in for the TD. That's not the best part, though. They ran it again late in the game, same thing, except of course the D went after the kicker, and the holder rolled the other way and tossed it to the blocker from that side for the score.  

EDIT: Ummmm... many years ago, right? Surely errbody used that sometime or other.

Edited by Tex Long

18 hours ago, Zeus said:

If it would've worked we wouldn't be mad. Auburn had a huge juke too. 

I randomly film like one out of every 10 plays on the side of the film I'm on. Would've been sweet to catch a surprise TD. 

It still would have been suspect but yeah, of course, converting there just leaves like 2 nerds bitching about it.

but it didn’t work because it was a bad call 

19 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Not because we were against kicking field goals but because of the amount of time left in the game.

I would have been happy to kick that field goal with :17 left.