NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

I get all the laughing about hiring Doc, but who else is out there? If you fire your coach mid-season, there are no good options (unless you count the guy you fired eight months ago). Doc really is about as good as you're going to get in January.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I get all the laughing about hiring Doc, but who else is out there? If you fire your coach mid-season, there are no good options (unless you count the guy you fired eight months ago). Doc really is about as good as you're going to get in January.

Don't care; got Jimbo.

What exactly were they expecting defensively? The replaced one of the most versatile perimeter defenders in league history with...Dame Lillard. They had to know that they were going to take a sizeable step back on that end. Their offense, to be expected, is at the top of the league, right there with Indiana.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Belicheck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

What exactly were they expecting defensively? The replaced one of the most versatile perimeter defenders in league history with...Dame Lillard. They had to know that they were going to take a sizeable step back on that end. Their offense, to be expected, is at the top of the league, right there with Indiana.

Supposedly Griffin bullied Giannis spare brother including a quote I saw where he said Thanassis was committing insurance fraud by being in the league. Giannis pushed him out

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Supposedly Griffin bullied Giannis spare brother including a quote I saw where he said Thanassis was committing insurance fraud by being in the league. Giannis pushed him out

Cmon man.  That was fake.

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

CHris Haynes reported that they were expecting to rebuild when they hired Griffin but then they re-signed Brook and got Dame and that changed.   Just a ridiculous lie.   They knew they were gonna do whatever was needed to get Giannis to re-sign and rebuilding was never an option.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Griffin has spent twenty years to get to this point and now he’s pretty much ruined.  

Ruined? He's going to get $4 million/yr for the next 3.5 years, and will likely get another assistant job. Somebody can ruin me all they want like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

The only outlet reporting Doc to the Bucks is CNN sports, which.....doesn't seem to exist.

ESPN reporting he's finalizing the deal. Fucking lulz. As mentioned  above, he is the epitome of an NBA retread/spare. He hasnt made it out of the conf semis in his last 10 seasons as HC. 

58 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Griffin has spent twenty years to get to this point and now he’s pretty much ruined.  

He will get another shot.   This isn't a reflection on him.   Screams ineptitude by the Bucks org

1 hour ago, d2o said:

He will get another shot.   This isn't a reflection on him.   Screams ineptitude by the Bucks org

what, you mean the organization that’s currently paying two head coaches *not* to coach them, while also paying Doc Rivers to actually be their coach? nah, those guys are totally on top of shit.

Playoffs this year are going to be so much fun. I can’t remember a season when 1-10 in both conferences were so competitive. Parity in the NBA is weird. I’d say Boston is the favorite, but they shit the bed every fucking postseason.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'll be shocked if either the Suns or Clippers manages to stay healthy.  They never have before.

Yes, I'm laughing at the love for both, but definitely harder at the Clippers.  The odds of all of the Clippers 'stars' staying healthy into a conference finals has to be 10% or less.  The Suns, I feel, have a much better chance to get there healthy but they have zero depth so even if they do make it, I don't see them touching Denver and likely lose to MN and OKC as all three of those teams are currently constructed. 

• Hook 'Em 3