THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually glad we played at 11am today. It means we (fans and the team) don't have to sit around all day stressing about the game. And with the win we get to bask in the victory all day while these other games are being played.

Even more than that though, we get all the talking heads making our playoff case for us all day and evening.

It's glorious.

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

No idea on order , but Texas/Michigan/Washington/Bama have to be the final 4. Anything else is an injustice. Sucks for FSU but they would get murdered by any of those teams. 

I can't agree with leaving out an undefeated power 5 team, especially when they had the schedule. They demolished LSU, beat Florida, beat Clemson. 

The ONLY reason it's even a question is because Texas beat Alabama and SEC looks to be last man out. You take the Texas v Bama game out and replace Texas with any other team and FSU gets in and we're sitting on the outside.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I can't agree with leaving out an undefeated power 5 team, especially when they had the schedule. They demolished LSU, beat Florida, beat Clemson. 

The ONLY reason it's even a question is because Texas beat Alabama and SEC looks to be last man out. You take the Texas v Bama game out and replace Texas with any other team and FSU gets in and we're sitting on the outside.

This is correct. They arent doing this to be football puritans. They are doing this because they cannot justify putting Bama in front of Texas so they have to go after FSU. Texas would get no such benefit if the shoe was on the other foot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is LSU, Florida, Clemson supposed to be some gauntlet to brag about??
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Florida and Clemson are ass, my dude 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It was mentioned by the talking heads somewhere too, but a Pac vs B1G in the Rose has a lot of "college football history" value. Dunno if that factors in at all, but it is something to consider.

That dream died when Georgia lost. They were talking about Georgia being #1 and then Wash/Mich being 2/3 and playing in the rose bowl. Now that Georgia lost, they're going to have to seed Washington and Michigan 1/2 so they won't play in the semis now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Texas/Bama happened, so ...

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Ding ding ding ding

if Texas’ head to head win was over a one loss ACC champ instead of bama, this wouldnt even be a discussion

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It looks good on paper given the last 10 years of college football.  Florida is trash and just a helmet school, but LSU and Clemson feel like good wins.  They aren’t, but I could see how a casual fan could view them that way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

pop

Edited by Chopper

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is how I see it.  Committee can’t let Georgia in without Alabama, and they can’t let Alabama in without Texas. Therefore, they can’t let Alabama or Georgia in without letting Texas in first. So I’m thinking it may be between Alabama and Florida State.

Edited by Here’s the deal

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

They can only play who is on their schedule, not their fault those teams suck this year. Undefeated shouldn't get punished because normal powers happen to suck that year IMO

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

They can only play who is on their schedule, not their fault those teams suck this year. Undefeated shouldn't get punished because normal powers happen to suck that year IMO

An injury to their best player that painstakingly devalues their ability to compete for a championship should be taken into consideration when the goal of the committee is to select the current four best teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

An injury to their best player that painstakingly devalues their ability to compete for a championship should be taken into consideration when the goal of the committee is to select the current four best teams.

I personally don't think "four best teams" is what committee does or has done

2 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

So liberty is in? 

Power 5?

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

FSU doesn't impress. Maybe with a good QB, but they ain't got one. How they are right now is more important than how they were two months ago. They'll get destroyed in the playoffs. They're not competitive

Exactly. This isn’t hard to understand. It’s not all about W/L. That’s why there are multiple criteria that factor into the decision. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I personally don't think "four best teams" is what committee does or has done

Power 5?

Whoa whoa whoa... you didn't say anything about p5. You said...

They can only play who is on their schedule, not their fault those teams suck this year. Undefeated shouldn't get punished because normal powers happen to suck that year IMO

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

This is how I see it.  Committee can’t let Georgia in without Alabama, and they can’t let Alabama in without Texas. Therefore, they can’t let Alabama or Georgia in without letting Texas in first. So I’m thinking it may be between Alabama and Florida State.

This is exactly right.

Texas is in…

The last spot is either FSU or Bama.

I think the SEC might be left out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Gil Bang said:

Liberty's schedule is softer than Jerry Jr's pecker when his wife isn't fucking a young cuban boy.

Yes, I know that. He just said

It applies to liberty too, no? 

3 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Whoa whoa whoa... you didn't say anything about p5. You said...

They can only play who is on their schedule, not their fault those teams suck this year. Undefeated shouldn't get punished because normal powers happen to suck that year IMO

Original post of reply I said I don't agree with leaving out and undefeated power 5 team.

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]