THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

Just now, C-Man said:

It would be delicious to see the SEC shut out the year before we go over there.

It wouldn't even be that bad for them, because as I've been saying, Texas is the SEC representative. We've already taken on an SEC identity, even our fans chanted it today. Once the initial shock wears off, the SEC fans will quickly realize they can claim our accomplishments as theirs (hoping of course that we continue playing as well as we have been). That will take a lot of the sting out of it for them. And when the likes of Ohio State, Iowa, and Michigan underachieve in bowl season, they will be sure to try to claim USC, UCLA, Oregon, and the others' successes as essentially theirs.

So that's the spin I think we'll see if we actually witness the committee shut the SEC out of CFP this year.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I'd like to extend a giant fuck you to all the morons leading up to this weekend saying "err mah gerd, we need georgia to win!!!! root for georgia!"

Idiots

Yeah, like Fat Ketch who couldn't believe uga could be left out of the CFP in ANY scenario -- Saying he's a Goddamned MORON for taking that stance all week is redundant!

jabba-the-hutt-laugh.gif.76314a49c82d3213a00cf56c588108e9.gif

• Rage+1 1

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

Yeah, like Fat Ketch who couldn't believe uga could be left out of the CFP in ANY scenario -- Saying he's a Goddamned MORON for taking that stance all week is redundant!

jabba-the-hutt-laugh.gif.76314a49c82d3213a00cf56c588108e9.gif

Lots of stupid people revealed themselves and it frankly the amount of fucktards was shocking. Started to make me think I am either way the fuck off or I am gonna spike the ball in their face.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That shit never made any sense.

Yeah, it was funny to joke about, but the reality is that in that scenario, we are out, because they would go with undefeated Washington/Michigan/Georgia/FSU in a fucking heartbeat.  A glorious exit for the 4-team playoff as well as the PAC-10 to have their champion facing off in a playoff series full of undefeateds.

16 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Larry Gatlin was on the last team to score 100. If I remember correctly, he personally scored one of the last 2 TDs.

I think that Houston team was the last to score 100 points in college.

I do know that Larry Gatlin scored the second-to-last TD in the game, and he was inserted as a backup WR, and he and the backup QB combined for that TD and it pissed off the Cougars coach because they weren't supposed to go for it.  Hell, I think he was actually a defensive player, and the coach was just putting in backups of backups (Gatlin was I think a QB or WR at Odessa, but played defense for UH).

Weird/crazy game, and there's gotta be highlights on YouTube.  I heard him talk about it one time years ago at an after-show party/meet-and-greet thing after he did a musical here in Austin (The Music Man) and somebody came up with a UH jersey or hat for him to sign and mentioned seeing him make the TD. I didn't know he had played until then. He said the coach was furious with him.

Edited by atomheartbevo

8 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

having FSU beneath Georgia is a slap in the face, but if we're being honest, FSU cannot beat any of the five teams ESPN.com has ahead of them on that list.

Agree.  I think after picking the top four, it’s who really is the best of the rest throwing out conference championships, etc.  So, if FSU were to play Georgia tomorrow, who would win?  

After today’s games, would FSU even score against any of the top four candidates?

Edited by 89Horn

14 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Based on the majority of media opinion it looks like it will be: 

1. Michigan

2. Wash

3. FSU

4. Texas

I don't think it's the right thing, but I was thinking earlier that it's probably the easiest thing for them to defend - or maybe with 3 & 4 reversed.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

FSU would not have beat Iowa (but Iowa would have won 6-0).  Probably wouldn't have beat Okie State.

That FSU team would lose to Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, OU, Ok State, and would be a tossup against Texas Tech. It is a good defense, but not that good. Louisville's QB played the worst game a QB could play, and their wide receivers and backs can't catch and can't even run more than 10 yards without falling over. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea I’m pretty sure most were saying that until we witnessed the Louisville circus

No, just a few loud morons. "Most" people here aren't smooth-brained and realized that Alabama winning was better for Texas regardless of the Florida State result.

Georgia win = Georgia ahead of Texas 100%
Alabama win = committee decision of Texas vs. Alabama with Texas having the head-to-head win

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, just a few loud morons. "Most" people here aren't smooth-brained and realized that Alabama winning was better for Texas regardless of the Florida State result.

Alabama win = committee decision of Texas vs. Alabama with Texas having the head-to-head win

I had so many people tell me that Georgia is ahead of us with a Bama win. It was the peak of stupidity. 

If Louisville had any kind of pride and wins + Georgia win then Texas is 100% in and we’re not up
Dissecting stewart mandel tweets at 130AM
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Mandel is a moron who signed a deal with Texags because he thought they were good journalists.

Mandel also has his finger on the pulse of the CFP discussion more than any ESPN or CBS talking head. It's a bad sign.

Edited by satyanash
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 15

Just now, chainsaw said:

Had we struggled with Okie Lite, it would have been plausible.

Wrong. The worst they couldve tried to do was some sort of twisted shit about Bama being better as the season went on. It was always an elimination game for Georgia. 

Just now, satyanash said:

Mandel also has his finger on the pulse of the CFP discussion more than any ESPN or CBS talking head. It's a very bad sign.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Wrong. The worst they couldve tried to do was some sort of twisted shit about Bama being better as the season went on. It was always an elimination game for Georgia. 

I think "eye test" played a big part in why so many pundits tonight can't imagine us being out. "Game control" really but what I know is that the teams who took care of business (e.g., beat teams that are clearly worse) and did so convincingly (not FSU) are having a much easier time than the teams whose games weren't decided until the final possessions (Bama, FSU).

If we had struggled against Okie Lite and had a UH, TCU, K-State type outcome, it would be way easier for the committee to say that, by December 2, Bama had become a more impressive team than Texas. And absolutely it wouldn't have been hard to make the case that Georgia is still ranked higher than Texas.

Just now, chainsaw said:

I think "eye test" played a big part in why so many pundits tonight can't imagine us being out. "Game control" really but what I know is that the teams who took care of business (e.g., beat teams that are clearly worse) and did so convincingly (not FSU) are having a much easier time than the teams whose games weren't decided until the final possessions (Bama, FSU).

If we had struggled against Okie Lite and had a UH, TCU, K-State type outcome, it would be way easier for the committee to say that, by December 2, Bama had become a more impressive team than Texas. And absolutely it wouldn't have been hard to make the case that Georgia is still ranked higher than Texas.

But we kicked their ass and now all of this bullshit is moot. Be happy. LIGHT THE TOWER ORANGE BABY, WE ARE GOING DANCING. 

Full-Orange-Tower_approved_1024x512.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Not that I agree with his thinking, but I am a bit concerned.

Mandel's a yankee from Ohio, so by definition a Texas hater, who writes for The Athletic which is owned by the New York Times which reflexively hates all things Texas.  

He's writing what his yankee, Texas-hating audience wants to hear.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]