A.D Mitchell

Coach pop a bitch

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the tech game again. On Texas 1st TD (swing pass to 7), Mitchell absolutely blocks the fuck out of his man.

Ive given him a LOT of (imo deserved) grief for being a bad blocker, but maybe this is a sign he’s starting to understand what’s being asked. Very nice to see.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Better hands, but doesn’t have the same explosive athletic ability, IMO.

Hell nobody has Worthy's explosiveness. All 3 of our top guys had their own strengths that they brought to the table. I think Mitchell and J Whitt helped X mature this year and he became a better teammate.  Anybody think 2022 Worthy chases down that Iowa St DB and recovers the fumble that J Whitt caused on that INT? 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Hell nobody has Worthy's explosiveness. All 3 of our top guys had their own strengths that they brought to the table. I think Mitchell and J Whitt helped X mature this year and he became a better teammate.  Anybody think 2022 Worthy chases down that Iowa St DB and recovers the fumble that J Whitt caused on that INT? 

TCU

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone needs to steer him clear of Macaws..they look a lot like parrots. I've known 2 different people that had one..they are cool until puberty hits about 12-13 years old and they go absolutely nuts. One friend had to give hers away to a bird sanctuary, the other toughed it out through the rough teen years but it wasn't fun
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Man, our guys are so fucking charming. Sweat and AD both cracking jokes, being normal people. 

Then you got Tech's guys who are a bunch of flat earth weirdos. 

He wasn’t a flat earth weirdo before moving to Lubbock I’m sure. 

tech won’t have to worry about guys embarrassing them at the combine too much anymore in the future  

• Haha 1

This is about as shocking a time as I've ever seen at the combine.  Going into the combine I would've been pleasantly surprised with a time in the 4.5s. This makes me wonder whether he had some sort of ailment during the season. He got fetched from behind every time he got into the open field.  

• Like 1

This is about as shocking a time as I've ever seen at the combine.  Going into the combine I would've been pleasantly surprised with a time in the 4.5s. This makes me wonder whether he had some sort of ailment during the season. He got fetched from behind every time he got into the open field.  

I was thinking same thing. Looked anemic after the catch. Good catch radius and hands, big body. Good for him.

12 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

7 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

I was thinking same thing. Looked anemic after the catch. Good catch radius and hands, big body. Good for him.

Keep your day jobs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cross-posting:   Ok, some guy on Cowboys stream tonight shared more info on AD...

"Wild story... AD went into an NFL combine formal interview and within 90 secs they took him off their board.  AD was off at least two teams boards who were in need of a WR due to character issues."

Guessing some NFL teams shared negative stuff about his interviews... also effort, route running, and yards after catch are suspect at times

• Like 1

52nd overall pick

Screenshot_20240426-221903_kindlephoto-14899633.thumb.png.b8b0b3181388d5e74972984a0f1256a1.png

Texas receiver Adonai Mitchell was projected to go earlier than he did. As 10 receivers were drafted before him, the speculation began on social media about why Mitchell’s stock was falling.

The Colts finally ended his slide with the 52nd overall pick.

“Right now the only thing I’m feeling is I’m just kinda pissed,’’ Mitchell said in a conference call with beat reporters Friday, via Mike Chappell of Fox 59. “I don’t really know what other way to call it.’’

He sat, watched and waited Thursday as Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison, LSU receiver Malik Nabers, Washington receiver Rome Odunze, LSU receiver Brian Thomas Jr., Texas receiver Xavier Worthy, Florida receiver Ricky Pearsall and South Carolina receiver Xavier Legette were drafted in the first round. Worthy was Mitchell’s college teammate and expected to go after Mitchell.

On Friday, Florida State receiver Keon Coleman, Georgia receiver Ladd McConkey and Washington receiver Ja’Lynn Polk heard their names before Mitchell did.

“At the end of the day, people were chosen before me,” Mitchell said. “That’s just the reality of it and my job now is to make them pay and bring the best version of me every day to the Indianapolis Colts.’’

Mitchell, who had 55 receptions for 845 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, enters a receivers room that includes Michael Pittman Jr., Alec Pierce, Josh Downs and Ashton Dulin and that is coached by Reggie Wayne. He will get his chance to prove he’s better than the 10 receivers drafted before him.

“Just is what it is. We all start with a clean slate at the end of the day,” Mitchell said. “When everything gets rolling, we’re gonna see.’’

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

52nd overall pick

Screenshot_20240426-221903_kindlephoto-14899633.thumb.png.b8b0b3181388d5e74972984a0f1256a1.png

Texas receiver Adonai Mitchell was projected to go earlier than he did. As 10 receivers were drafted before him, the speculation began on social media about why Mitchell’s stock was falling.

The Colts finally ended his slide with the 52nd overall pick.

“Right now the only thing I’m feeling is I’m just kinda pissed,’’ Mitchell said in a conference call with beat reporters Friday, via Mike Chappell of Fox 59. “I don’t really know what other way to call it.’’

He sat, watched and waited Thursday as Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison, LSU receiver Malik Nabers, Washington receiver Rome Odunze, LSU receiver Brian Thomas Jr., Texas receiver Xavier Worthy, Florida receiver Ricky Pearsall and South Carolina receiver Xavier Legette were drafted in the first round. Worthy was Mitchell’s college teammate and expected to go after Mitchell.

On Friday, Florida State receiver Keon Coleman, Georgia receiver Ladd McConkey and Washington receiver Ja’Lynn Polk heard their names before Mitchell did.

“At the end of the day, people were chosen before me,” Mitchell said. “That’s just the reality of it and my job now is to make them pay and bring the best version of me every day to the Indianapolis Colts.’’

Mitchell, who had 55 receptions for 845 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, enters a receivers room that includes Michael Pittman Jr., Alec Pierce, Josh Downs and Ashton Dulin and that is coached by Reggie Wayne. He will get his chance to prove he’s better than the 10 receivers drafted before him.

“Just is what it is. We all start with a clean slate at the end of the day,” Mitchell said. “When everything gets rolling, we’re gonna see.’’

That’s a fucking deep WR class.