Week 10, 2023: Texas at Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

On 11/17/2023 at 12:07 PM, gurt said:

Not what I said, but whatever.

You could tell the agility and balance that Bijan or JB had when they were freshman.  Baxter is never going to be that type of runner.  He might be more effective when he is healthy and adds more strength and size, but he has limited ability when it comes to making a man miss and that won't change.

black and white raven GIF
nom nom nom 

On 11/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, Dr Ship said:

I can only hope that Iowa State can give you guys and your CFP hopes a giant kick in the fellas on your way out the door. I've been predicting ISU will win this game since I saw the schedule and I'll stand by that. I could write some long diatribe about my feeling about Texas and the role they played in the destruction of the Big 8/SWC/Big XII, but I won't. I get why you're leaving for the SEC, and If ISU was in a position to move there or to the BIG, we would.

That said, don't expect and hug and a kiss on the way out. 🤘👇.

FB_IMG_1636257192559.jpg

What Happened GIF - What Happened James GIFs

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2023 at 10:49 AM, gmr548 said:

This is one of the reasons the preemptive crying about officials here has gotten more annoying every week. At some point you’re getting into saying the conference wants to cost itself several million in revenue. Okay then.

seinfeld-for.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

ISU is a bizarre fan base. About 20% of them treat our game like Michigan Ohio State. No other H8 fan base has anywhere near the over the top obsession with us. Some sort of Hermanesque reinforcement of their underdog culture juxtaposed to us?  Anyways, the other 80% were fantastic 

We’re perpetual underdogs.  You’re perpetual favorites.  Its not THAT surprising IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’re perpetual underdogs.  You’re perpetual favorites.  Its not THAT surprising IMO.

They’re not dissimilar from most other big 12 schools there, but those other schools don’t have thousands of fans buying t shirts to wear once a year.

I agree that it’s the underdog/favorite angle Campbell is hammering as a battleground for his culture.

Edited by UnhappilyMarried

6 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

They’re not dissimilar from most other big 12 schools there, but those other schools don’t have thousands of fans buying t shirts to wear once a year 

I think most of the other schools are the same. It's more noticeable because Iowa State seems to have the most fan support out of the H8

Edited by Bevo14

11 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

They’re not dissimilar from most other big 12 schools there, but those other schools don’t have thousands of fans buying t shirts to wear once a year.

I agree that it’s the underdog/favorite angle Campbell is hammering as a battleground for his culture.

I saw a few Beat Texa$ shirts yesterday but not enough to move the needle.

I met a bunch of really genuine authentic good people who love their team.

We were all rooting for BYU pregame.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Earl Haffler said:

Just the euphoria of the moment, my cracka.

LOL. That fucker could find a problem with the 85 bears defense man. He’s consistent with his message though so you gotta tip your cap to him. 18.2 ppg, good for 15th in the country. It’s a good defense lol. 29th overall in total yards. Yeah the passing defense looks rough sometimes but we play in a conference with some pretty good offenses. The big 10 leads the country in defense because they play offenses like Iowa and Illinois. TCU shit all over that Michigan defense that led the country last year. 

LOL. That fucker could find a problem with the 85 bears defense man. He’s consistent with his message though so you gotta tip your cap to him. 18.2 ppg, good for 15th in the country. It’s a good defense lol. 29th overall in total yards. Yeah the passing defense looks rough sometimes but we play in a conference with some pretty good offenses. The big 10 leads the country in defense because they play offenses like Iowa and Illinois. TCU shit all over that Michigan defense that led the country last year. 

Me saying the 2023 Texas defense is not the best defense the program has fielded in 40 years because of their deficiencies against the pass is not me saying they aren’t good. You are stupid and weird.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Stop being a beating. Teams improve by identifying weaknesses and correcting them. Noting that our pass defense is sieve-like is a more than fair criticism that needs to be addressed. 

23 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Maybe the best run defense since 83. You seen our pass defense numbers this year? 08 was pretty good.

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Incredible that you've apparently watched ten Texas games and not seen them play pass defense.

To be fair, which of the swc teams, ou, auburn, or north Texas were throwing the ball a lot in 1983 to test that pass defense?  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Me saying the 2023 Texas defense is not the best defense the program has fielded in 40 years because of their deficiencies against the pass is not me saying they aren’t good. You are stupid and weird.

Vine Ok GIF

I mean the guy admitted it was hyperbole. I doubt very serious you think this Texas defense is good by your standards but alright. I think we can agree on one thing, we should stop this dance lol. I'll leave you alone man.

16 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

And that's why Campbell will always just be an underdog coach and can't succeed at a power program with title hopes. His whole identity is wrapped up in being the underdog. He doesn't know how to win bigger when he has actual legit talent as he did in 2021. 

You think Georgia or Alabama go around thinking they're underdogs every year?