Week 10, 2023: Texas at Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

Not a fan of the conditions heading into this game. We’re coming off of one of our worst halves of the season on defense and just lost a player that’s responsible for a significant part of offensive production. They’re coming off of a blowout win over a bunch of 25 year old Mormons in Utah. The game is at ISU in mid November. 

I want to believe…. But this game will be tough.

36 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Not feeling great about this one. But I do wanna see the hot slow mo cheerleader from the Halloween night game up in Ames when they pushed our shit in. 

I think the Horns, on the cusp of winning the conference, will come out breathing fire. The first half will look a lot like last nite's. We will probably improve on that performance. There might be a slight let down in the second, but look for a healthier Ewers to step up and look for Sark to discover a few  new wrinkles that keep us up by two to four TDs. Get healthy, Horns!

Definitely need more pics of hit cheerleaders.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

ISU gave up almost 200 yards rushing to BYU, but they turned it over 3 times. TCU ran for 185 on them, OU 157, Ok State 131. Confident we can run on them with Baxter and Blue 

You’re putting a lot of faith in the blocking being great, I’m not sure Baxter has broken a tackle all year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Did Catalon take any snaps this week? I didn't notice him playing but haven't watched the TV replay yet. Certainly hope he gets more run in Ames, think he shores up a lot of our issues. 

He supposedly practiced last week but no he didn't play yesterday.

There’s been so much hand wringing about this game since ISU ripped off a few Big 12 wins. ISU is just not that good. KSU is better and TCU is a worse matchup. This is still the team that lost to Ohio (not state), scoring 7, and lost by 30 to OU.

Texas should win this game comfortably. 21-24 is all they should need. If they don’t win, they gave ISU gift points or got embarrassingly outplayed and/or outcoached.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Fort Worth and Ames have been two places that have given us nightmares for years. At this point just win the game. Keep stacking wins.

Yep...  

BO DAVIS rant was 2yrs ago after the loss in Ames... Time to exorcise the demons and win !!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well, 

This is the irate 8 team I have the least problem with. We’ve had good Cyclone posters over here forever. They are good people. Wide right Natty light is a national treasure. 
Do they suck?  Yeah- pretty much historically. But they pretty much know their place and go along to get along. 
I like the fact that they waxed OU’s Ass multiple times the last half dozen years. Don’t like the fact they did it to me. 
Even though their women aren’t all that hot they sure do find some hot ones on tv. Cue redhead eating muff signal gif and that absurdly hot cheerleader from 5 years ago. 
I mean- I will have very little fond memories of anything associated with playing ISU but good luck or something I guess?  
Or fire your dipshit 5 star culture coach. Whatever. Doesn’t matter- let’s just not fuck this one up on our way out the door. 

Pics, MFer.  This isn't 'Nam.  There are rules.

I grew up in Iowa (moved to RR when I was 16). The area I lived in was ISU country. The high school team was even called the Cyclones.

The only thing I don't like about playing them is that I have a lot of cousins who went to ISU but post all over FB in Nebraska jerseys. Except when Nebraska loses. This week they'll all be in ISU colors like nobody ever saw them in Husker red.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well, 

This is the irate 8 team I have the least problem with. We’ve had good Cyclone posters over here forever. They are good people. Wide right Natty light is a national treasure. 
Do they suck?  Yeah- pretty much historically. But they pretty much know their place and go along to get along. 
I like the fact that they waxed OU’s Ass multiple times the last half dozen years. Don’t like the fact they did it to me. 
Even though their women aren’t all that hot they sure do find some hot ones on tv. Cue redhead eating muff signal gif and that absurdly hot cheerleader from 5 years ago. 
I mean- I will have very little fond memories of anything associated with playing ISU but good luck or something I guess?  
Or fire your dipshit 5 star culture coach. Whatever. Doesn’t matter- let’s just not fuck this one up on our way out the door. 

Your best call. Cute, but nasty.

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think the Horns, on the cusp of winning the conference, will come out breathing fire. The first half will look a lot like last nite's. We will probably improve on that performance. There might be a slight let down in the second, but look for a healthier Ewers to step up and look for Sark to discover a few  new wrinkles that keep us up by two to four TDs. Get healthy, Horns!

Definitely need more pics of hit cheerleaders.

That's Sark's problem.  He's a brilliant schemer, but because of that, he looks for too many wrinkles.  Everything is cute. 

We have talent for days.  We just need to run regular plays - run right, run left (well, maybe not left xD), crossing routes, slants, delays, wheel routes, and take some shots deep when the matchups are there.

Utilize Whittington, Sanders, and Cook more.  Tie up the LBs and Safeties with those dudes, and force the corners to handle Worthy and Mitchell without help.

Lose all the bubble screens, throwbacks, and insane route trees that the WRs and Ewers can only execute to about 65% effectiveness anyway.  Ewers has arm talent for days, but can't process quickly enough for that shit.  Make it easier for him to sling it with that golden arm of his.

Do that and we win out, with or without Brooks.  We have an embarrassment of riches at RB.  Brooks is all-world, but losing him shouldn't kill us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just win. We have the talent edge, but they have the coaching edge

Texas by one score. Because 4 of our last 5 games have been one score games
Do they really? Seems to me they have a babyback bitch who should have left ISU before his stock tanked.