T'Vondre Sweat Appreciation Thread

BurntOrange&White

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Big big big fuck up. Why are these guys not ride sharing everywhere. 

This.  I don't know how much he was making in NIL, but it was enough for permanent Uber from his pocket change.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

How many Mimosa's does it take to legally intoxicate a T'Vondre.

First thought was what a poor decision and second thought was how many drinks does a man of 365 lbs have to drink to go over the limit.

54 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

How many Mimosa's does it take to legally intoxicate a T'Vondre.

*mimosas

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

Big big big fuck up. Why are these guys not ride sharing everywhere. 

Why the fuck is he even drinking?

His LIFE is a fucking job interview until the draft. It's a few months. Jesus Motherfucking Christ, how dumb can you be, son?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

First thought was what a poor decision and second thought was how many drinks does a man of 365 lbs have to drink to go over the limit.

https://www.calculator.net/bac-calculator.html

365 lbs
Normal Beer: 9.5 beers, 5% 12oz beers in 2 hours
IPAs at a local brewpub: 5 7% pints in 2 hours
Shots: 8.5 shots in 2 hours

Many variables and the above is not perfect.  But "lots" is a pretty reasonable answer.

365 lbs
Many variables and the above is not perfect.  But "lots" is a pretty reasonable answer.

Variables such as it's not likely he didn't eat before or during...so add a couple drinks to that.

I mean I can’t even begin to understand how this happens, this highlights the lack of education for the guys with a lot on the line about how fucking stupid it is to drive even after a single drink. 

it was different in the past when taxis were a bitch and hardly available. In Austin Uber and Lyft are beyond readily available they are actually more convenient and cheaper than having to park 

You really think this will drop him THREE or more rounds???
I know in the past NFL teams tolerated much worse than a DUI, but times have changed. I don't know exactly what this will cost him, but it won't go unnoticed.

I will say I was on the "Byron Murphy will go before Sweat" bandwagon back when that was an unpopular opinion, this just widens the gap further. I'm still a Sweat fan and think he can have a great career if he keeps his weight in check, but if I were a GM I'd take Murphy first.

44 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

With that disguise, how did the  press ever figure out that was Sweat in the first place? Also, our AD just reported a ~$40M profit in  22-23, and as that figure stops in June '23, it doesn't even benefit from the football success. Belmont should just have an unlimited Uber account that athletes can tap into  24/7. 

• Like 1

APD arrested VY for DWI. Texas Football players should know they aren’t immune to getting picked up for this shit if it could happen to VY. Especially with the big fancy cars they drive now, they stick out like a sore thumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boilerhorn said:

365 lbs

ive never seen a black person in my life drink an ipa 

#noracist 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, MrBig said:

APD arrested VY for DWI. Texas Football players should know they aren’t immune to getting picked up for this shit if it could happen to VY. Especially with the big fancy cars they drive now, they stick out like a sore thumb. 

Tell me you haven’t been to Austin in a while without telling me. The athletes aren’t even remotely driving the nicest fanciest cars in Austin lol. 

Dude are you fucking kidding me….this asshole can’t order a motherfucking Uber? Hope this kid has a cousin or teammate that can beat some sense into his fucking head. Fucking draft is in 2.5 weeks and this asshole can’t keep his shit together. Can’t stand when these guys waste opportunities. 

We're not that far from being able to engage "Drunk Mode" in our self-driving electric cars where we click the "Home" button to get a safe ride home and the car will refuse any external input from our drunken hands.  

I hope it's possible, anyhow.

Posted (edited)

I was just talking to my daughter (no pics, pervs) about this and she mentioned that Nebraska’s freshman VB star, Harper Murraywas just arrested for DWI. Other charges are pending. Supposedly, she tried running from the po-po.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/nebraska-womens-volleyball-star-accused-of-dui-allegedly-being-2-times-over-legal-limit/ar-BB1ldUj6

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Tell me you haven’t been to Austin in a while without telling me. The athletes aren’t even remotely driving the nicest fanciest cars in Austin lol. 

Uh, have you been on campus?  I have seen several Lambos on the regular this year.  A nice white one parks right outside my son's apartment  I'm no expert, they might not be the highest priced Lambos in town which no doubt a few tech bros are driving, but there is some serious high-HP sheet metal cruising around West Campus these days, and it ain't the theater majors driving them.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, have you been on campus?  I have seen several Lambos on the regular this year.  A nice white one parks right outside my son's apartment  I'm no expert, they might not be the highest priced Lambos in town which no doubt a few tech bros are driving, but there is some serious high-HP sheet metal cruising around West Campus these days, and it ain't the theater majors driving them.

It's the Insta influencers and Onlyfans content creators.

Edited by SizzleChest

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The first year I worked at UT, I was fairly embarrassed to park my Accord in the faculty lot next to Gregory.

• Haha 2