Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

4 hours ago, Eternal Noob said:

My favorite part of every Surly thread is when Derka posts a long, somewhat unpopular opinion, then the utterly predictable full page of people telling him to shut up and predicting a Derka-ing. Then, to everyone's immense satisfaction, he does respond and they get to snarl and rage for another 2 pages about the thread getting Derka'd and making it all about himself.

time-is-a-flat-circle-gif-8.gif

• Haha 1

I just want to know why he still watches the show if he’s already writing now about how much he hates the next episode?

You can say why you didn’t like a show. But the dude has done this for every episode for 2 seasons. At what point does the show suck so much that you stop watching instead of bitching about it?

On Jon yelling GOOO to Arya as he faces down the dragon, I can't confirm.

But funny enough, I was rewatching Edd's death scene (with the captions on) and right as he fell, it said - "[Woman Yelling] Eddd, Nooooo". Or something along those lines. Rewinded it and heard it too.

Thought that was funny cause Edd, like Jon and Sam, are the last identifiable Crows in Season 8. So I think it's safe to assume that all three of them fuckers broke their vows and got themselves some Wildling gash. Made me chuckle.

On Jon yelling GOOO to Arya as he faces down the dragon, I can't confirm.
But funny enough, I was rewatching Edd's death scene (with the captions on) and right as he fell, it said - "[Woman Yelling] Eddd, Nooooo". Or something along those lines. Rewinded it and heard it too.
Thought that was funny cause Edd, like Jon and Sam, are the last identifiable Crows in Season 8. So I think it's safe to assume that all three of them fuckers broke their vows and got themselves some Wildling gash. Made me chuckle.

The whole joke between Sam and Jon was about the fact that Edd hasn’t fucked...and never will

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Breaking bad only had like 60 episodes, they knew the entire story before they started, and had commitment from the network. 

Most series don’t have an ending until they need one, and when they need it they need it immediately. 

uh, no.

11 hours ago, Shinesintx said:

Do the folks bitching about GOT realize that the seasons they’re bitching about...there’s no books? 

I don't think many of them have watched previous season based on may of the comments in this thread (can't kill a woman with a baby in her belly! It's not GOT style to have a major battle without killing off a major character! The Dothraki should have stayed on their horses inside the castle walls where there wasn't room for them! Etc.) So yeah I would venture they likely aren't even aware that there exists a thing called books.

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
9 hours ago, Shinesintx said:

Melisandre, the Red Witch. Why couldn’t Gendry bone her and send the smoke baby to kill the NK...or even Cersei?

Because she's dead?

What is dead may never bone.

• Like 1

Bronn gonna show up next episode or what

Episode 4 & 5 will just be armies on the march. Setting camp. Chitchat on the road. Breaking camp. Cooking. Shitting in the woods on the side of the King’s Road.

Need to keep the “I want realism” fans happy. If we don’t see people traveling on screen in real time...

That’s where we’ll see Bronn next, when a scout stumbles upon Bronn shitting behind a tree.

Rest of Season Questions/Predictions

1.  Next member of main cast to die

Tyrion

2.  Character who sits on Iron Throne at end of season

Daenerys

3.  Characters you most want to die (five)

Samwell Tarly

Gilly

Euron Greyjoy

Daenerys 

Davos 

44 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Episode 4 & 5 will just be armies on the march. Setting camp. Chitchat on the road. Breaking camp. Cooking. Shitting in the woods on the side of the King’s Road.

Need to keep the “I want realism” fans happy. If we don’t see people traveling on screen in real time...

That’s where we’ll see Bronn next, when a scout stumbles upon Bronn shitting behind a tree.

Nah. The producer who’s done all the battle episodes, including last episode, produced episode 5, so it’s gonna be recover/regroup next episode, battle for Ling’s Landing in episode 5 and then close everything up in episode 6. 

6 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

Now that she seems utterly invincible, I fear we're being set up for a gut punch with Arya getting killed .

that would make sense several seasons ago. now she and gendry will probably get married and live happily ever after. 

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Rest of Season Questions/Predictions

1.  Next member of main cast to die

Jaime 

2.  Character who sits on Iron Throne at end of season

Gendry 

3.  Characters you most want to die (five)

Cersei

Tyrion

Euron Greyjoy

Daenerys 

Varys 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nah. The producer who’s done all the battle episodes, including last episode, produced episode 5, so it’s gonna be recover/regroup next episode, battle for Ling’s Landing in episode 5 and then close everything up in episode 6. 

Ling's Landing?

sounds like a pron title. me likey.. cant wait!

28 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm not feeling a Hound vs. Mountain show down.  They're brothers with history so it's obvious, but Breanne whooped Hound.  I don't want to see some montage of memories of Arya giving hound the strength to win.

She beat a starving and exhausted Hound. 

Breaking bad is really overrated, but it did know when to wrap it up.
Lost is actually a pretty good analogy to got. They always knew the ending, but not how to get there and the last 2 seasons were 2 longer than the writers wanted so they had this predicament where they knew where they were going to end up but had to write two seasons of filler that they didn't really want. The network wanted 10 seasons because they don't care about the story. Got has had a similar problem for 6 and 7(and probably 8), where they just can't figure out how to get to where they want. This produces some headscratching in the middle, but they've executed the endings very well and the season looks better after you get all the story. Jmho. 
In general, 3-4 seasons seems to be the sweet spot. 

So, the writers of Lost did the Leftovers for hbo. They were intending lost to be shorter but the ratings were so good they had to keep doing it. They negotiated that the leftovers was only three seasons. It’s one of my all-time favorite series. Every episode meant something.
  • Like 1

Just now, Daichee Bell said:

So, the writers of Lost did the Leftovers for hbo. They were intending lost to be shorter but the ratings were so good they had to keep doing it. They negotiated that the leftovers was only three seasons. It’s one of my all-time favorite series. Every episode meant something.

Yeah, for sure, the leftovers rivals Deadwood for best series imo. 

• Like 1

I’ll take “Realism” fans over “Fast & Furious” frontrunners who gush over mindless action and story development. Great characters and dialogue distinguished this series in the beginning.

HBO’s business decisions to widen the audience were necessary evils to expand production value, properly depict scale, manage schedules and talent contracts. Doesn’t mean “Realism” fans have to like the aspects of the show that dumb it down.

Stick to “Ooh, my balls!” - a reference to the movie Idiocracy which did not depict the dildo monster truck scene as a cool action sequence.

11 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I’ll take “Realism” fans over “Fast & Furious” frontrunners who gush over mindless action and story development. Great characters and dialogue distinguished this series in the beginning.

HBO’s business decisions to widen the audience were necessary evils to expand production value, properly depict scale, manage schedules and talent contracts. Doesn’t mean “Realism” fans have to like the aspects of the show that dumb it down.

Stick to “Ooh, my balls!” - a reference to the movie Idiocracy which did not depict the dildo monster truck scene as a cool action sequence.

I'm assuming you meant "I’ll take 'Realism' and story development fans over 'Fast & Furious' frontrunners who gush over mindless action."  If not, then I'm not sure what you are trying to say because it reads as though you are contradicting yourself.  Going back to 'batin now.

That realism post should have been in Hank Scorpio font. Tongue was firmly in check.

It’s an epic TV drama set in a fantasy world. A wide audience tunes in. Some for dragons and magic. Some for character development and drama. Some for flaming swords and head crushing. But at the end it’s all a story we’re watching for entertainment. I like some of all of it.

I fully expect some angry tweets and posts after these last episodes about main characters “teleporting” across Westeros. There’s not enough time left to have more character development dialogue on boats and marches. Hence, Theon saying “alright you’re free now sister and a supporting character needs a redemption arc in winterfell.” Wormhole opens. Theons in the North some unknown days later “Okay I’m ready to die for the Starks and mankind now at the same location I was a turncoat”.

D&D lose 2 minutes of run time, but they gave the audience closer.

14 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

That realism post should have been in Hank Scorpio font. Tongue was firmly in check.

It’s an epic TV drama set in a fantasy world. A wide audience tunes in. Some for dragons and magic. Some for character development and drama. Some for flaming swords and head crushing. But at the end it’s all a story we’re watching for entertainment. I like some of all of it.

I fully expect some angry tweets and posts after these last episodes about main characters “teleporting” across Westeros. There’s not enough time left to have more character development dialogue on boats and marches. Hence, Theon saying “alright you’re free now sister and a supporting character needs a redemption arc in winterfell.” Wormhole opens. Theons in the North some unknown days later “Okay I’m ready to die for the Starks and mankind now at the same location I was a turncoat”.

D&D lose 2 minutes of run time, but they gave the audience closer.

You forgot naked wimmens, but they don't show those so often anymore. 

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread