2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Fucking a. This off season is starting to seem to not be going our way. Two transfers and probably just lost a big one and one of our best coaches. Lovely 

Airplane Calm Down GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Fucking a. This off season is starting to seem to not be going our way. Two transfers and probably just lost a big one and one of our best coaches. Lovely 

Just out of curiosity, which two of our backups that wouldn't have mattered on next year's team are you referring to?

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I had the same thought but I don't think we have any connection on the current staff with him. Agree their D-Line looked fantastic.

Yeah, after doing a Google he looks to be all Michigan as a former player and coach. Being from that region of the country (Ohio) that probably doesn’t like a possibility. 

14 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

giphy.gif

Seriously, are eating paste at every meal? We've had a great fucking off-season to date, note our team not being decimiated from the fucking portal compared to other schools. Jesus fucking christ. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hahahahahahaha

Shit, there are legit posters here who will pine for that shit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shit, there are legit posters here who will pine for that shit. 

I would argue they're not legit posters if they're listening to Bohls.

Also according to Tigerdroppings, LSU is still going after Peoples from Mizzou for EDGE. Seems like coaching the whole D-Line wasn't that big a deal to ol' Bo.

36 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I meant it primarily due to all the scandals he has been attached to and my doubts an Orgeron hire would get through compliance. He also seems really comfortable in his semi-retirement though just doing coaching camps and advertisements. 

Bo Davis was, allegedly, quietly busted paying coeds to fuck DL recruits at Bama. They trumped some other shit up to make it seem like something else, but the guy was effectively a pimp and left Saban no choice. He got through compliance at Texas. Unless they never called anyone at Bama, they knew this when hiring him. To be clear, Bama had no interest in seeing Bo Davis at Texas, so they were likely very happy to hint around about this at a minimum. 

Orgeron could pass compliance at Texas. I think it's far-fetched, but like everyone else, I would be highly entertained. 

29 minutes ago, ousux said:
35 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:
Oscar Giles, come on back!

He was pretty good at actual coaching, not so much on the recruiting trail. Pass

Oscar Giles was a lazy dipshit at Texas. He had no business being here with Herman. If he's hired to come back in a coaching capacity, assume that DL recruiting will be in the toilet and players will be playing up to whatever level they personally desire to reach without much coaching guidance. His performance here was sadly comical.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Some random person posted this on Twitter so I think we should use it to pick our next coach.

image.png.c64b685694d50700daf0cbd1f346d577.png

Today I learned that Jamarkus McFarland is the DL coach at TCU. Wasn't he the "women romancing each other" dude?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Did some rough research on some names that Sark employed and/or worked with Nansen/Kwiatkowski. Also spoilering Bios and coaching histories. 

Chad Kauha’aha’a- UCLA Defensive Line

Reveal hidden contents

USC (1992–1993)
Graduate assistant
Missouri (1994–1997)
Defensive line coach
Missouri (1998–2000)
Associate head coach & linebackers coach
Florida (2001)
Defensive line coach
Washington Redskins (2002)
Defensive line coach
Cincinnati Bengals (2003–2007)
Linebackers coach
California Redwoods / Sacramento Mountain Lions (2009–2011)
Defensive coordinator
Oakland Raiders (2011)
Assistant linebackers coach
Football University (2012-13)
Lead coach and instructor
Memphis (2014–2015)
Defensive line coach
Arizona (2021–present)
Defensive line coach/Defensive tackle coach

From Sir Ulrich's list, I want this guy!

Can you imagine the DL getting tfls and sacks, and doing this chant every time?

Lulz.

image.png.eb92e752eaccae0b3ad8c36ed13f229c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oscar Giles was a lazy dipshit at Texas. He had no business being here with Herman. If he's hired to come back in a coaching capacity, assume that DL recruiting will be in the toilet and players will be playing up to whatever level they personally desire to reach without much coaching guidance. His performance here was sadly comical.

Sir, I'll have you know that "Hustle Never Sleeps".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Bohls as usual has his finger on the pulse of the college football world. Surprised he didn't suggest Leon Fuller. 

At 85 Fuller is too old...we need someone younger like Bull Reese at a spry 80

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Nick Saban is retiring. Not a troll account.

Scared of having to face Elko every year in the SEC championship game. The Wiggins hire was the straw that broke the camels back.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

would Sark look at anyone in the NFL, and possibly Tracy Rocker with the Eagles (as it seems Sirianni is on thin ice there). Rocker has long been considered an elite DL coach and was at Tenn under Pruitt - who coached at Bama with Sark - and So. Carolina with Coach Boom. So, maybe a link? Or just wishcasting since I’m moderately depressed about Coach Bo. 

While you are hoping—his son is in the Rangers system (very dumb draft pick, imo). It’s possible he could play in Round Rock at some point, but he’s perpetually injured.

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

It seems like this board might not be a great fit for a man of your disposition.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Jackson Jeffcoat also RT'ed this as a sign of agreement.

I knew Frank when I was in school. I thought he was one of the best dudes on the team back then. Very bright and personable. I have no clue how great he is as a position coach/recruiter, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him back at Texas in some capacity (Rod, too). Seems like Toledo was more of a stopgap after he was let go by Vegas in February and accepted the position in June.

3 minutes ago, Teryor said:

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/1745205496099766573

Heard Sark has worked with this guy, can we get him through compliance? I know he's mostly worked with DBs

Maybe Dan Quinn would leave the Cowboys (and every HC position he is being considered for) to be Sark’s DL coach.

• Haha 3