2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He’s also worth 8 figures. Id love to retire at 55 and would be happy with substantially less than that dude has. 

Yeah it’s called jealousy lol

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Rando on IT said Muschsmp is going back to an analyst role as a sort of early retirement. 

Who was the shitty DB that got bags from Travaris (as shitty DB was driving to Austin) and ended up at South Carolina?

One of his sons plays for Vandy now right? Wonder if he moves to some cush, relaxed job there at some point. I assume any role there is basically an early retirement lol

10 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

TFB had a note saying Texas is targeting an NFL guy.

Edit: here you go.
d59b5327bd92b2849dfc0d539c6cb94f.jpg

Thanks. I know it’s a joke around here, but Carrol’s guy in Seattle would be chef’s kiss. 

sounds like the Falcons guy also makes sense. I’m sure there’s weird contract stuff when the HC is fired but not the assistants. 

Hurtt would be cool but he’s also a DC, have to think he stays in the NFL. 

Rocker from Philly would be a great choice. 
Karl Dunbar is out there as well with a great background and was at Bama with Sark. 

Probably not:?
John Scott at Detroit spent time with Muschamp at SC and has long CFB resume  

Cowboys DL coach Aden Durde was on Falcons staff with Sark and Quinn. 

John Timu is Asst DL coach w the Chargers, and played safety for Sark at UW.  He’s pretty young in his career

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Guys seriously stop fucking posting tweets and nothing else. This is an example of an appropriate announcement - please try to emulate this vs just posting a tweet. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Serious question - why is that better? A bunch of people come here to check Texas news and the Tweet + link contain all the relevant info.

I think something like a raise/extension for current Texas HC should be in its own thread. Not hidden in dumbass meta threads. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Serious question - why is that better? A bunch of people come here to check Texas news and the Tweet + link contain all the relevant info.

Because it links the actual announcement with the actual text from the press release without having to leave the board at all or open a new tab or app on mobile. You can put the tweet in still I just want people to stop putting ONLY the tweet. Especially when twitter borks or tweets can be deleted. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think something like a raise/extension for current Texas HC should be in its own thread. Not hidden in dumbass meta threads. 🤷‍♂️ 

It’s not really worth having a new thread that will only be active for 3 days and like 60 posts. Context for the raise matters and lives in the right threads in football and recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Because it links the actual announcement with the actual text from the press release without having to leave the board at all or open a new tab or app on mobile. You can put the tweet in still I just want people to stop putting ONLY the tweet. Especially when twitter borks or tweets can be deleted. 

It’s not really worth having a new thread that will only be active for 3 days and like 60 posts. Context for the raise matters and lives in the right threads in football and recruiting. 

If casual fan you’re trying to bring in for the board is browsing he sees a dark thread with 60 pages or a thread specific for the extension. Which do you think would draw their interest more?

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

If casual fan you’re trying to bring in for the board is browsing he sees a dark thread with 60 pages or a thread specific for the extension. Which do you think would draw their interest more?

I get your point honestly. I wonder if there is a way to merge threads after a certain timer?

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Which is why there’s a huge fucking banner at the top. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

image.gif.d24ddb003e2c837fbb4acc1afcb2de15.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I saw the banner, closed it, and then went into this thread expecting it to have the sark details as it’s the coaching  and staff thread.  Nope. I guess it’s in the sark thread in which his merit is argued, but why should it be there and not here?

What details are you even talking about?

Literally the only thing known at this point is that the extension is four years. That was in the text of the announcement tweet itself (posted above). There are no additional details to post or anything worth discussing until we get the actual details which is unlikely until the BOR formally approve it and it gets released to the public. 

Texas has hired former Arizona DC Johnny Nansen to be its next LB Coach and co-Defensive Coordinator!!! What will he bring to the #Texas Longhorns??? Arizona INSIDER Jason Scheer from WildcatAuthority.com joined Texas Sports Unfiltered to talk about the Longhorns' newest coaching hire!!!

The new LB coach Nansen also has a backhistory with P.K. They were both at Montana together in the early 2000's.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7