2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

A very relevant side story:

When I was a kid growing up on the east coast, we used to call off-brand products “bobos,” and naturally it was a source of taunting in middle school. 

For example, Jams were a big thing at the time, and of course I wanted a pair. So when my mom bought me a knock off brand of Jams, I was on the verge of tears because I was going to be wearing bobos to school.

• Haha 3

When I was a kid growing up on the east coast, we used to call off-brand products “bobos,” and naturally it was a source of taunting in middle school. 
For example, Jams were a big thing at the time, and of course I wanted a pair. So when my mom bought me a knock off brand of Jams, I was on the verge of tears because I was going to be wearing bobos to school.

Yup. There were shoes we called bobos. Brown suede looking with a thick rubber sole.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, South Austin said:

“Bobos” only referred to cheap shoes in my town. 

🎼 “Bobos, they make your feet feel fine. Bobos, they cost a dollar ninety-nine. Bobos. Bobos…” 🎶🎵(to the tune of “Col. Bogey March/Bridge on the River Kwai”)

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Yup. There were shoes we called bobos. Brown suede looking with a thick rubber sole.

Oh. You mean the reason i got in 20 fights 8th grade year. Mom was just trying to toughen me up. 

But bitching about the ripped shirts afterwards seemed kinda unproductive 

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:54 PM, South Austin said:

The word bobo is often used as a slight in Spanish speaking countries. It can mean naive fool, punk, pushover, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Talk about an endorsement ...

If he can close on Ricky and Jordan ... 

200.gif

No no no NOOOOOO...

We gotta keep choice and this doesn't help. Recruiting is just fine but this puts him on the radar for some second tier program desperate for a HC that brings a recruiting bump and willing to take a chance on a position coach.

Hopefully Sark already has a plan to steal the second best RB coach from whoever.

7 hours ago, ousux said:

No no no NOOOOOO...

We gotta keep choice and this doesn't help. Recruiting is just fine but this puts him on the radar for some second tier program desperate for a HC that brings a recruiting bump and willing to take a chance on a position coach.

Hopefully Sark already has a plan to steal the second best RB coach from whoever.

Ap Bio Dont Be A Bitch GIF

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 2:55 PM, Laga4 said:

I guess our town was so poor  everyone had knockoffs,  I don't remember the term bobos.

That's funny, Our school was so wealthy, we would tie up a kid like that, steal his bobos and give him real shoes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ousux said:

No no no NOOOOOO...

Oh  no, our assistant is too good at his job, what a disaster

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ousux said:

No no no NOOOOOO...

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, ousux said:

No no no NOOOOOO...

spacer.png

It is when everyone and their grandma's Chihuahua is trying to lure him away from us. I don't think he'd leave for anything less than HC (not sure OC is his thing) but some program out there would take a flyer on him for sure.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, texifornia said:

It is when everyone and their grandma's Chihuahua is trying to lure him away from us. I don't think he'd leave for anything less than HC (not sure OC is his thing) but some program out there would take a flyer on him for sure.

The answer to having good assistants is not hoping they do their job worse, it's hoping we hire their replacements well.

The answer to having good assistants is not hoping they do their job worse, it's hoping we hire their replacements well.
I'm not used to our coaches being sought after for poaching. I don't know what to do with my hands.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I'm not used to our coaches being sought after for poaching. I don't know what to do with my hands.

There's probably a thread or 2 around here to help you with that. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, texifornia said:

*Sigh* Let me help you:

• Haha 2

On 3/2/2024 at 5:58 PM, ousux said:
On 3/2/2024 at 5:27 PM, texifornia said:

image.png.89e2170fbf15cc5a0cf9d1da321ceed1.png

• Haha 4

On 2/27/2024 at 4:38 PM, NorLa Horns said:

Bellbottoms 4 inches too long and 3 years outta fashion. I think my folks lost their mind that year. 

Suprised i survived. 

At least they weren’t highwaters amirite?

Tangentially related

LSU adding Trey Holtz as Offensive Analyst

Trey Holtz is leaving his analyst position at Houston to join LSU's staff as an offensive analyst working with the quarterbacks, according to Chris Hummer of 247Sports. 

Holtz joined Dana Holgorsen's Houston staff in 2023 as an offensive analyst and was retained by Willie Fritz, but as a defensive analyst.

The son of Skip and grandson of Lou, Holtz played quarterback at Texas from 2012-16, then spent 2017-19 as a graduate assistant at Ohio State.

He spent 2020-21 as the inside receivers coach on his father's Louisiana Tech staff, then served as a quality control coach at Charlotte in 2022.

At LSU, Holtz will work under offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Joe Sloan, as well as senior offensive analyst Todd Fitch, a former offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Louisiana Tech and Vanderbilt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait a minute. Alfred is gone at Ohio State? That has got to help us with Jordan Davison, right?

my tosu buddies still think it was a longshot even with Alford being there.. they don't have a good track record with kids from Mater Dei

On 3/1/2024 at 11:35 PM, ousux said:

No no no NOOOOOO...

*whomever

6 hours ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:
*whomever

I need your name and badge number, and I'll also need to see a warrant signed by a judge before you can access all my posts for grammatical/spelling errors.

Hey, OK. You just get a warning this time, buddy. Have a nice day, sir.