South/Central Texas Multiple Homicides (6 dead, 9 shot) 12/5/23

UnivTex34

I was at cafe Chez Zee tonite and pretty much everyone was talking about this. So do they think also that the shooting at the other night Top Golf was related or was that a separate incident? Scary shit. 
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/austin-shooting-today-mopac-la-crosse-ave/269-cde30041-0fed-4963-8080-fe4804a8cc89

we heard multiple sirens over and over and a friend said she couldn’t join us because she lives in the area where roads were being blocked off. We heard helicopters .

• Hook 'Em 1

At least 5 incidents in connection with Texas shooting spree:

- Before 10 am: 2 people killed at a home in San Antonio
- 10:40 am: ISD officer shot and injured at a high school in Austin
- 11:59 am: 2 people shot and killed on Shadywood Dr. in Austin
- 7 pm: Incident at a home on Austral Loop in Austin (no further details yet)
- Afterwards: Responding police officer shot and injured

This was followed by a police chase, which ended in a crash. The suspect, a man in his 30s, is in custody.
————-

so the guy was wiping out people he knew? And taking target practice at police as well? Possibly also a mountain biker near the Alamo theater? The above from what I understand is limited. That there are likely a lot more victims? Wow. 

At least 5 incidents in connection with Texas shooting spree:
- Before 10 am: 2 people killed at a home in San Antonio
- 10:40 am: ISD officer shot and injured at a high school in Austin
- 11:59 am: 2 people shot and killed on Shadywood Dr. in Austin
- 7 pm: Incident at a home on Austral Loop in Austin (no further details yet)
- Afterwards: Responding police officer shot and injured
This was followed by a police chase, which ended in a crash. The suspect, a man in his 30s, is in custody.
————-
so the guy was wiping out people he knew? And taking target practice at police as well? Possibly also a mountain biker near the Alamo theater? The above from what I understand is limited. That there are likely a lot more victims? Wow. 

I don’t think you can get from SA to north Austin in 40 mins.

4 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

I don’t think you can get from SA to north Austin in 40 mins.

It said before 10 am so…but yeah information is very fluid. Not sure if that’s just when they were found or when they were shot. 

Edited by Nicole44

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

They did. And in fact, it was a rider in the Crank n Drank shop ride. The person shot is ok and it was non-life threatening.  

Ah ok. We stopped watching them halfway through. Glad they're ok. Any word on whether there was actually someone shot near the soccer fields, or is that the same person?

Also, on reddit a guy is saying there was a white or silver suv shooting randomly while driving between Manchaca Road (not Menchaca fml) and S. 1st late last night. Helo tried to locate him but he apparently hid in the woods and later got away. Could be connected I guess. This shit is like out of a movie.

52 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I was at cafe Chez Zee tonite and pretty much everyone was talking about this. So do they think also that the shooting at the other night Top Golf was related or was that a separate incident? Scary shit. 
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/austin-shooting-today-mopac-la-crosse-ave/269-cde30041-0fed-4963-8080-fe4804a8cc89

we heard multiple sirens over and over and a friend said she couldn’t join us because she lives in the area where roads were being blocked off. We heard helicopters .

My kid works valet at Chez Zee. He's the tall one. 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Ok so from reading local news sites since the suspect had link to the home in San Antonio the police went there tonite and forced their way in and found a man and a woman in their 50’s dead in a tiny room and scene described as grizzly (their words not mine.)

so this must have been after the suspect was apprehended that they went to the home in SA he was connected to. So he killed them first this morning and drove to Austin and decided to kill some specific people? And target cops also? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ok so from reading local news sites since the suspect had link to the home in San Antonio the police went there tonite and forced their way in and found a man and a woman in their 50’s dead in a tiny room and scene described as grizzly (their words not mine.)

(Yes, I know it's a black bear.)

Patient Bear / Bear Sitting At Table | Funny bears, Bear ...

• Haha 6

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm actually pretty fond of that restaurant, but it's long beyond "long in the tooth".  I still get the jalapeno gorgonzola pasta from time to time, though, and Sunday brunch is good with the family.

There were a lot of olds in there. They kept chatterboxing about all the sirens we kept hearing. The desserts are why you go but my friend and I didn’t have any. Basically, a busted dinner because our other friend was caught in the roadblock.

so serious question: did anyone get any 911 notifications or anything on their phones when all this shit was going on? I mean I know it took time to discern certain things were connected. But still. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/sources-officer-shot-in-southwest-austin/

Austin Police did not name the suspect Tuesday night. Sources tell KXAN the suspect is Shane James, 34. Travis County Jail records show a man with the same name was booked into the jail at 1:30 Wednesday morning charged with Capital Murder of multiple people.

Two murdered in home in San Antonio believed to be the parents of the shooter.

Two murdered in South Austin home that had just moved in/remodeled home. Sometime around that an officer was shot in the leg near a school. 
 A mountain biker was shot in the arm.

Two murdered in Circle C near where the police office was shot last night responding to a burglary call.

6 deceased but a lot of stories say 9 people wounded and possibly more deceased? This is confusing but at least law enforcement clarified that they didn’t connect any of the shootings until the officer was shot responding to the burglary call last night. They then found two people deceased at the home. Then Bexar county police went to the home in San Antonio after apprehending the suspect in a high speed chase/crash. 

Horrible news all the way around.  But that timeline still doesn't make sense just from a physics standpoint.  But I suppose they cobbled together what they had on the fly.  What a fucking shitshow.  Dozens of families wrecked forever, and right before the holidays.  Imma go out on a limb and just assume this guy had some mental issues, but did not have the tortilla soup?  

Edited by YGIFS

• UnivTex34 changed the title to Austin Spree Shooter (12/5/23)

From the vague reports, traffic cams, and movement of police assets (vehicles and helicopters), he seemed to going to specific places in an order.  Not just randomly zig-zagging through Central Texas haphazardly.  However, that could easily not be the case.  But he covered a lot of ground in a hurry and stayed one step ahead of police which may suggest he plotted the logistics of all of this and didn't just hop in a car with some bullets to wreck some shit.  I'm just going off a map and a stopwatch.  This could very well end up one of those tragedies that just gets buried in the news and most of us never think about it ever again.  Either way, we can probably expect the usual lectures about calibers and magazine capacities before moving to any real, substantive knowledge of the situation.  Only time I worry about another crime spree is when Texans finally stop talking about everything BUT the crime...

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Horrible news all the way around.  But that timeline still doesn't make sense just from a physics standpoint.  But I suppose they cobbled together what they had on the fly.  What a fucking shitshow.  Dozens of families wrecked forever, and right before the holidays.  Imma go out on a limb and just assume this guy had some mental issues, but did not have the tortilla soup?  

People on “X” were saying he has a military background. Possible family violence issues. 

I don’t understand why after the officer was shot near the school earlier in the day why there wasn’t a possible description of the suspect/vehicle? The timeline is very screwy but it seems like he killed his parents in San Antonio first. Then drove to Austin. I think it’s possible he stole a car near Circle C and the two murdered people and officer who responded that was shot were just random. Same for the mountain biker and other police officer near the school. The other two deceased people killed in South Austin people postulating he perhaps knew also? It seems like he had a specific reason for coming here though. After he killed his parents. Once the police caught him they sent cops to his parents home and found them deceased. 

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

God damn America is in a sorry state when a mass shooter thread casually devolves into restaurant selfies and food discussion by page 2

Yeah, but one of the persons in the restaurant selfie is a serial killer. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Imma go out on a limb and just assume this guy had some mental issues

Espn What GIF by Jomboy Media

I'll be surprised if the 2 people in the house in Austin were random. 

My guess is the parents in San Antonio then drove to Austin to whack an ex wife. Biker got shot because people on bikes are assholes who just get in the way and cops got shot because they're cops. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Espn What GIF by Jomboy Media

I'll be surprised if the 2 people in the house in Austin were random. 

My guess is the parents in San Antonio then drove to Austin to whack an ex wife. Biker got shot because people on bikes are assholes who just get in the way and cops got shot because they're cops. 

The Stateman article said they found the two dead in the house in Austin after a shootout between the police and suspect in the backyard. It's entirely possible Barney Fife accidentally shot them through the wall or window. 

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to South/Central Texas Multiple Homicides (6 dead, 9 shot) 12/5/23