South/Central Texas Multiple Homicides (6 dead, 9 shot) 12/5/23

UnivTex34

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Pretty much! Thankfully I should be getting the big bucks from Social Security and AARP sends out free readers to us really old asses.

Me (longer hair is me) and my friend tonite. I just had a cup of the shrimp chowder or whatever. That was pretty good. We heard sirens the whole time at the restaurant. 

IMG_8422.jpeg

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

What makes me think it was a personal vendetta for all the victims is that he could have killed the cyclist but didn't. Same with the cops. 

He shot multiple times at the mountain biker.  It occurred on a trail.  He fired multiple rounds and only one of them hit.  Flesh wound.   Rider was able to haul ass and get away while he was still firing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Somebody could pull off a high-casualty mass shooting on that trail along MoPac from Southwest Parkway to Via Fortuna.  Fortunately for humanity, no person has actually ever been on that $30mm mistake.  

If no one is there how could there ever be a mass shooting there

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Incorrect.  It's 1 in 2.  Yes, 1 in 3 cars on the road is a Tesla, but the odds of a person driving a Tesla changing lanes with no warning because dammit they own the road are immensely higher than usual.

Add BMW and Mercedes.  (This hits close to home, because I just about got clobbered by a Mercedes sedan in the HEB parking lot today.  Store was open and he was doing at least 30  mph.  I gave the "wtf" hands up sign and he literally circled around the lot trying to find me.  Yeah, I'm the problem, bud.)

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Somebody could pull off a high-casualty mass shooting on that trail along MoPac from Southwest Parkway to Via Fortuna.  Fortunately for humanity, no person has actually ever been on that $30mm mistake.  

Are you talking about the trail that goes along Mopac, takes the little wiggle up a hill and then down to the bike/pedestrian bridge and then goes up the feeder over another bike/pedestrian bridge over 360?  If so, I was on it last week.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Chewy are better than regular but the regular last longer. Of course, the only reason to buy either variant of Spree is because the store is out of Sweetarts for some reason. 

Oh, no no no.  The delicious hard coating makes the Spree.  

And Sweetarts?  Oof.

Product idea:  SpreeTarts

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Add BMW and Mercedes.  (This hits close to home, because I just about got clobbered by a Mercedes sedan in the HEB parking lot today.  Store was open and he was doing at least 30  mph.  I gave the "wtf" hands up sign and he literally circled around the lot trying to find me.  Yeah, I'm the problem, bud.)

far west heb?  Didn't know there were tracksuit tough guys driving around the lot, ive only seen the rent a cop on his toy scooter.  But with your chez zee complimenting the other day, it's safe to assume you're a 75 yr old jewish man in nw hills.  That narrows it down...😁

11 minutes ago, ballrific said:

far west heb?  Didn't know there were tracksuit tough guys driving around the lot, ive only seen the rent a cop on his toy scooter. 

That guy is a menace, too.

But with your chez zee complimenting the other day, it's safe to assume you're a 75 yr old jewish man in nw hills.  That narrows it down...😁

Nowhere near 75 or Jewish, but you got the neighborhood right.  I'm also pretty sure "long in the tooth" isn't a compliment.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

So this is a better timeline of events. Wondering (if he drove to Austin to eliminate specific targets) if the one of his intended victims worked at the school where the first officer was shot. Because the map makes no sense. Or if he intended to do something more at that specific location. But because he shot the officer who was able to radio for help he moved on to the couple at Shadywood? 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/austin-shooting-today-mopac-la-crosse-ave/269-cde30041-0fed-4963-8080-fe4804a8cc89

So that story says the cyclist was shot on Slaughter Lane. I wonder if they're generalizing or if he was shot riding along near the street. The other reports were that he was shot on the trail somewhere behind Alamo, which makes more sense, because that would be closer to the final crime scene. One of those trails goes right up to some of the back yards on Austral Loop, behind Alamo.  ETA: Never mind. Thanks Your Mom. Being on the trail makes much more sense than being on Slaughter. TV stations are notoriously loose with details.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

He shot multiple times at the mountain biker.  It occurred on a trail.  He fired multiple rounds and only one of them hit.  Flesh wound.   Rider was able to haul ass and get away while he was still firing.  

Yeah man, he wasn't trying to just wound that dude, and if you saw the AISD officer's suv, you can see that he was trying to kill that guy too, and the cop he had pinned down in the Austral Loop back yard before escaping. Makes me wonder if he did have some intentions of entering the high school and thought better of it once he encountered the cop.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

LOL yeah I remember the Ben Wear article where he sat out there and counted people. Good times.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder what the people he went to school with are thinking. What his remaining relatives are thinking. So many “injustice collectors” lately piling up their grievances like PFF does stats on players. Smdh. I bet he made his parents’ lives a living hell for years before he killed them. Fuck him and all people like him. 

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, wood said:

Ah ok. We stopped watching them halfway through. Glad they're ok. Any word on whether there was actually someone shot near the soccer fields, or is that the same person?

Also, on reddit a guy is saying there was a white or silver suv shooting randomly while driving between Manchaca Road (not Menchaca fml) and S. 1st late last night. Helo tried to locate him but he apparently hid in the woods and later got away. Could be connected I guess. This shit is like out of a movie.

My kid works valet at Chez Zee. He's the tall one. 

My granddaughter is one of the managers there. /pics

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wood said:

So that story says the cyclist was shot on Slaughter Lane.

Gotta rename that street.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I wonder what the people he went to school with are thinking. What his remaining relatives are thinking. So many “injustice collectors” lately piling up their grievances like PFF does stats on players. Smdh. I bet he made his parents’ lives a living hell for years before he killed them. Fuck him and all people like him. 

Can't wait for him to get out on $12k bail.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Better to focus on that than why he’s had a warrant out for his arrest for nearly the past 2 years and SAPD/BCSO weren’t looking for him or able to locate him. Dude had a LinkedIn for fucksake 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Only if he is homeless.

Pretty sure that for 4 capital murder charges, he won't be getting bail anytime soon.

Of course, the purpose of bail is mostly to ensure future appearance by people charged, but not yet convicted, of a crime.  If we want a system that meets the purpose of "keeping volatile, mentally unbalanced people from shooting a shitload of people," there are all kinds of measures that can be directed towards that particular purpose.  Bad news, though -- we've opted out of functionally all of those measures.  There are basically zero things standing in the way of a crazy, belligerent person who wants get a lot of guns and use them shoot multiple people.  Which is clearly the way we want things to be.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

from the San Antonio news (so the comment is from a sheriff there below):

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/public-safety/bexar-county-dead-bodies-found-san-antonio-texas-police/273-c3f0a601-74e9-45d0-b561-1ab8a9db54fa

“Sheriff Salazar says James had a previous criminal history, including a domestic violence charge in January of 2022. Later that month, his bond conditions were changed to allow him to have contact with his family, the victims in that case.  Sheriff Salazar said the bond conditions change was at the request of his family and with the assistance of a victim's advocacy group. He was released on bond and returned home with his family in March of 2022. The sheriff says he cut off his ankle monitor at that point. In August of 2023, James encountered deputies again when they responded to a call for a mental health episode at his parent's address. In that incident, Sheriff Salazar says deputies were not able to take him into custody due to James creating a barrier between himself and the deputies.”

Edited by Nicole44
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

So a history of domestic violence, evading monitoring and mental health issues and he still had access to weapons? Makes total sense.

None of this does. He needed to be institutionalized. The gun issue we have been told is CR but we all know there were things that could be done on that issue. Don’t know if he owned the weapons prior and they were not confiscated OR if the parents had them in their home. SMDH. I am sure they thought they were doing right by him. That they could fix him. And the end result, like many of these situations, is they get murdered by the person. We seem to be hearing about this shit on the daily, the caregiver calling 911 for a mental health crisis and either the cops shoot the person, or the person kills the caregiver or it gets kicked down the road until the next episode. He should have been institutionalized and diagnosed and put on a regime. But people don’t like that solution either. Smdh. 

• Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

from the San Antonio news (so the comment is from a sheriff there below):

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/public-safety/bexar-county-dead-bodies-found-san-antonio-texas-police/273-c3f0a601-74e9-45d0-b561-1ab8a9db54fa

“Sheriff Salazar says James had a previous criminal history, including a domestic violence charge in January of 2022. Later that month, his bond conditions were changed to allow him to have contact with his family, the victims in that case.  Sheriff Salazar said the bond conditions change was at the request of his family and with the assistance of a victim's advocacy group. He was released on bond and returned home with his family in March of 2022. The sheriff says he cut off his ankle monitor at that point. In August of 2023, James encountered deputies again when they responded to a call for a mental health episode at his parent's address. In that incident, Sheriff Salazar says deputies were not able to take him into custody due to James creating a barrier between himself and the deputies.”

you break down the fucking barricade. Oh wait, it was doughnut time. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

So a history of domestic violence, evading monitoring and mental health issues and he still had access to weapons? Makes total sense.

Makes perfect sense when you realize that's the system we want.  It's what we keep voting for, year after year after year after year.  We can't disclaim it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2