South/Central Texas Multiple Homicides (6 dead, 9 shot) 12/5/23

UnivTex34

WTF?  Brilliant police work there, Lou.  Gunman crazy enough to fire on cop.  All police in area concentrated in one parking lot juggling their balls and mags.  Meantime, buncha kids scared shitless being bussed to rando-ass parking lot with no protection, announced to the world as sitting ducks.  Oh wait, this just in...local good guy with gun will save the day.  Except he has that thing, across town, with the guy, about that other thing.

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Short Stop still exists?   I used to go there 40 years ago.  

Man, my son had a swim meet at Round Rock high school over the summer. I was planning to go over to Hootie’s for the best cheese steak in Central Texas for lunch. I get over there and they’re closed on Sundays. Well fuck me, what am I going to do? There’s a Short Stop in the parking lot and I’m like “man, I haven’t had short stop in ages!”. I used to put down one of their 4/4/4 specials all by myself once a week or so back in the day. I get over there and those motherfuckers are as expensive as Whataburger now! I got a bacon cheeseburger, fries and drink and it was $12. And the burgers are still pretty small. 

• Rage+1 1

All of Circle C shutdown for the past hour.  Shooting at Alamo Draft house, then suspect took off in a car toward the neighborhood.  Lots of shit going down.  Allegedly he's in custody, but helicopters still circling.

Cannot comment on the status of suspect's lawncare though.

Edited by freyguy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, freyguy said:

All of Circle C shutdown for the past hour.  Shooting at Alamo Draft house, then suspect took off in a car toward the neighborhood.  Lots of shit going down.  Allegedly he's in custody, but helicopters still circling.

Cannot comment on the status of suspect's lawncare though.

12 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I'm probably less than a mile from the shooting and have been hearing sirens and helicopters for the last hour. A second cop was shot. From what I've heard it didn't happen at Alamo, but across the greenbelt from it on Austral Loop. There was a report of a mountain biker being shot on the trails, but I don't think that was accurate.

Edited by wood
  • Rage+1 1

I was headed west bound on Ben White around 7PM and cops were flying by me like crazy, passing cars on the shoulder. This started around the S Congress exit and it looked like they were in pursuit of a sports car of some sort. The chase continued onto MoPac and I lost them. Curious if this was related 

Edited by 3adays
  • Hook 'Em 1

• UnivTex34 changed the title to Austin Spree Shooter (12/5/23)
  • immamac changed the title to South/Central Texas Multiple Homicides (6 dead, 9 shot) 12/5/23