2023 Duke's Mayo Bowl - North Carolina vs. West Virginia

satyanash

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

"Holding. Easy call, right in front of the official."

Must not be Big 12 refs.

Lemme tell ya. When the first holding call was made on the WVU right tackle, you could see clearly in the replay:

1. Oh yeah, definitely a hold

2. Him shakin' his head at the ref like, "No way, you're gonna call that?"

Third holding call in the game, same guy, and this time the ref's shakin' HIS head at the WVU RT... "Yeah, that's a hold."

19 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I've never seen so many mayo/mustard-eating cutaways during a bowl game (or anywhere) in my life.

/I was hot and I was hungry, okay!

Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank  ate what?"

And literally busted out laughing at the commentator mentioning what the booth was going to smell like in the 4th quarter. :D

OH MY GOD THE FAKE FIELD GOAL WORKS AND HE ALMOST SCORES

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So WVU going in dry on North Carolina in the Duke's Mayo Bowl and the Mountaineer fans are so proud of this big accomplishment they do the horns down to the camera after the return from commercial.

Shame they'll never play us again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

Rent free.  I love it!

Yeah if horns down bothers you odds are infinitely high you were conceived of a weak sperm and the best part of you ran down your mammas ass and wound up  as a brown stain on the mattress. That or your dad was jacking off and your mom sat on it at the last second. Pick one....

Isn't their rival supposed to be Pitt or somebody? Stop trying to make Texas vs West Virginia a thing. Most Texans have never even met somebody from West Virginia.

CSB but back in 2006 when we played them in the sweet 16, we watched the game at a popular Hh spot in Irvine, CA (Board Room or something). 5 of us walked in with Horns gear and the whole bar like over 200 ppl started boo’ing. It took me back that there were so many West VA alumni who are semi-civilized enough to live in an expensive area of Orange County. Friends that lived there said that pretty much everyone hated the state of Texas(but fuckers keep moving here). It’s a weird obsession with us.

4 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

CSB but back in 2006 when we played them in the sweet 16, we watched the game at a popular Hh spot in Irvine, CA (Board Room or something). 5 of us walked in with Horns gear and the whole bar like over 200 ppl started boo’ing. It took me back that there were so many West VA alumni who are semi-civilized enough to live in an expensive area of Orange County. Friends that lived there said that pretty much everyone hated the state of Texas(but fuckers keep moving here). It’s a weird obsession with us.

Ok. But that is just political bullshit and has nothing to do with sports.

West Virginia grads want to be rivals with and hate UT athletics, nothing at all to do with how they feel about Texas.

39 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Isn't their rival supposed to be Pitt or somebody? Stop trying to make Texas vs West Virginia a thing. Most Texans have never even met somebody from West Virginia.

We did get to bust out our lyrics for Sweet Caroline during one of the TV timeouts at least, that's always fun.

I don't get the horns down shit, you're not our rivals. I mean fuck, only time during my lifetime that we've played y'all in anything that matters before joining the conference was in a random NCAA tournament game. Classic of a game at that. Maybe I'm just officially an old now or something but I never got it. Our rivals are Pitt, VT, Louisville, Maryland and for those of us old enough add Cuse and the Pedos. Some of our fans need to act like it. 

Edited by NCMountaineer
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Did I mention anything about politics? Learn how to comprehend dumb fuck.

Well you didn't say anything about Sports. You were talking about them hating the state of Texas, unless you think people are moving to the campus of UT Austin. 

I mean lots of people hate UT sports who live in Texas. That has nothing to do with anything.

Well you didn't say anything about Sports. You were talking about them hating the state of Texas, unless you think people are moving to the campus of UT Austin. 
I mean lots of people hate UT sports who live in Texas. That has nothing to do with anything.

I mentioned Sweet 16 which is basketball. I’m done arguing for no reason. Go find your husband to start shit with you miserable person.