Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

16 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Dow Jones and S&P 500 close at an all time high with unemployment at record lows and longest period at sub 4.

Allow me to be the first to congratulate my president on building the greatest economy the world and the US has ever witnessed.

Unfortunately Biden has to walk a tight rope when taking a victory lap about the economy since many are not participating the great economy.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Unfortunately Biden has to walk a tight rope when taking a victory lap about the economy since many are not participating the great economy.

No he doesn’t. And he shouldn’t.

If you think Republicans would sideline themselves from bragging on this economy because some lube techs who will vote for them anyway can’t afford a vacation, ever, they wouldn’t. 

Real life is not Reddit where bike messengers with computer science PhDs complain about not having starter homes in walkable neighborhoods in Santa Monica after demanding loan forgiveness

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

Ahem…

Dow Jones and S&P 500 close again at an all time high with unemployment at record lows and longest period at sub 4.

Allow me to be the first to congratulate my president on jack-hammering his way to the greatest economy the world and the US has ever witnessed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

This is a serious stance.

This guy

Jonathan Turley testified that he didn't see any proof that President Donald Trump committed a crime and that Trump therefore should not be impeached. He argued that the mountain of evidence against Trump in the Ukraine scandal didn't matter because it doesn't meet statutory elements for criminal bribery. 

Turley testified in 1998 during Clinton's impeachment hearings that Clinton's actions didn't need to break any laws in order to be considered impeachable conduct.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

Did someone say "evasion of accountability"?

“It has come to this Court’s attention that counsel for the defendant has sought an emergency hearing in the District of Nevada to arrange the release of Defendant Smirnov, likely to facilitate his absconding from the United States,” Wright wrote in the order.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4486337-judge-suggests-indicted-fbi-informant-was-planning-to-flee/

On 2/21/2024 at 9:28 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Positive news that could put a big crack in the remaining resistance to Medicaid expansion. Mississippi leaders look to take it head on over Tate Reeves verbal farts

https://mississippitoday.org/2024/02/21/legislative-leaders-medicaid-expansion-tate-reeves/

Kansas ignored the Governor again last month.

Alabama Governor Kay Ivey would feel a ton of pressure from this, I believe she is term limited.

Georgia is twiddling thumbs on a work requirement.

Mississippi house committee moves Medicaid expansion forward in 15 minutes with no uproar

Mississippi House committee passes Medicaid expansion bill for first time

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2024/02/27/mississippi-house-moves-forward-with-medicaid-expansion/72756418007/

• Haha 1

So whatever happened to that backlog of cargo ships that Republicans were whining about years ago? There was a lot of complaining about lack of truck drivers to move cargo, moving ships to other ports, etc. Did it all get cleared up and fixed? 

So whatever happened to that backlog of cargo ships that Republicans were whining about years ago? There was a lot of complaining about lack of truck drivers to move cargo, moving ships to other ports, etc. Did it all get cleared up and fixed? 

Yes. Also, the shortages on shipping containers has gone away as well.

Biden has to be more concerned about his son’s long term health than anything else. Hunter’s takes says it all:

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/26/hunter-joe-biden-sober-2024-trump

President Biden privately has expressed worry that Republicans' daily attacks and the criminal prosecution of his son Hunter are taking a toll on his family — and could even lead Hunter to relapse, given the family's history of struggling with addiction.

Why it matters: Hunter Biden knows this. He told Axios in a rare interview that he sees his continued sobriety as crucial not only to his life — but also to ensuring Donald Trump doesn't return to the Oval Office.

• "Most importantly, you have to believe that you're worth the work, or you'll never be able to get sober. But I often do think of the profound consequences of failure here," Hunter said.

"Maybe it's the ultimate test for a recovering addict — I don't know," Hunter Biden said. "I have always been in awe of people who have stayed clean and sober through tragedies and obstacles few people ever face. They are my heroes, my inspiration."

• He added that in this case, "I have something much bigger than even myself at stake. We are in the middle of a fight for the future of democracy."
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Nasdaq has closed at an all time high for the first time since November 2021 and the S&P 500 closed at an all time high as well. PCE yearly inflation at 2.4.

Please…. allow me to be the first to congratulate Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the world and the United States has ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1