Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

On 3/6/2024 at 1:42 AM, Dutchrudder said:

I can agree with you that this particular savings isn't a huge impact, but it's not something to complain about either. What did Trump and the Republicans ever do for those low/middle class families who you are "worried" about?  Do you think their tax cuts had a positive impact on those making less than 50k a year? 100k? Have you looked at the impact of the tax cuts since 2017?  There is tons of data about how it hasn't done anything for individuals and families, but has benefitted corporations significantly. Compound that with the inflation we encountered over the past few years, and they could probably use a proper tax break in the near future. 

Here are a couple of articles that were done pre-Covid, so the context is relevant to the typical years prior for comparison. This is who Republicans prioritize time and time again. Every time they get power they give huge tax cuts and bailouts to corporations, pay mouth service to "helping the middle class" and years later all we see is ungodly amounts of money going to corporations, who now get to fund the campaigns of those in power who make the rules. 

From CAP, good article on how only companies have benefited: https://www.americanprogress.org/article/tcja-2-years-later-corporations-not-workers-big-winners/

image.png.deb180aa9fbfce3ff01159f910befdb1.png

image.thumb.png.da87c968f2129b00db8eb6a9ed2f43ae.png

Brookings Institute: https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-middle-class-needs-a-tax-cut-trump-didnt-give-it-to-them/

The 2017 tax law doesn’t help the middle class
The new tax law—known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)—will exacerbate this trend. The benefits of the law tilt toward the well-off both now and in the future, according to the distributional analysis of the Tax Policy Center. By 2027, benefits of the tax law flow entirely to the rich. (The Joint Committee on Taxation finds similar results using a different measure.)

image.png.756088598681312cb4d96a8e4af46909.png

This one is really something with a 5 year analysis on the impact of those tax cuts. 275 billion going back to companies via subsidies, and yet only 562 billion in collected taxes on 4 trillion in profits from this group of 342 corps. Insane.
https://itep.org/corporate-tax-avoidance-trump-tax-law/

The 342 companies included in this study paid an average effective income tax rate of just 14.1 percent during this five-year period, almost a third less than the statutory rate of 21 percent.
Of these, 55 (16 percent of the total 342 companies) paid effective rates of less than 5 percent. This is particularly striking given that all these companies were profitable for at least five years consecutively. Companies paying less than 5 percent include T-Mobile, DISH Network, Netflix, General Motors, AT&T, Bank of America, Citigroup, FedEx, Molson Coors, Nike, and many others.
Twenty-three corporations paid zero federal tax over the five-year period despite being profitable in every single year. And 109 corporations paid zero federal tax in at least one of the five years.
At the other end of the spectrum, 50 corporations paid effective tax rates of more than 21 percent, but most of these companies were also the beneficiaries of large tax breaks because they were paying taxes from previous years that they delayed using depreciation breaks.

image.png.bdf803a75a38997579db7b8569b8e04d.png

What?!? The GOP tax cuts only benefited corporations and the wealthy?!

image.png.a9aa7b55c1ee6bdd4a5da98461681b6b.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Hey remember when the GOP was touting the benefits of the Trump Tax Cuts to the middle class?

image.thumb.png.fac57ff6f53b6670850a294e4102c3c0.png

These are the stubbornly idiotic MAGA voters who come from a modest or average background ( nothing wrong with this), however they vote for policies which only help millionaires and billionaires.

Deep down they probably know they’re getting screwed but they blindly believe that if the rich guys are happy than everyone else will be happy and it will trickle down to the commoners. 

Banks in the Cayman Islands are the reason trickle down doesn’t exist. The rich folks take their tax cut bounties, pocket them, move them into offshore accounts asap and the “tax cut” never stimulates or helps the economy in any meaningful way.

Biden team brings in $10 million in the 24 hours after the State of the Union

First to NBC News: The financial haul dwarfs some of the president’s biggest fundraising days in 2023, before his rematch with Donald Trump was set.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:09 PM, Js1 said:

Hey remember when the GOP was touting the benefits of the Trump Tax Cuts to the middle class?

image.thumb.png.fac57ff6f53b6670850a294e4102c3c0.png

Who da actual fuck brags about $1.50 per week in a multi trillion dollar tax cut? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

US Achieves Energy Independence For First Time in 40 Years

https://www.newsweek.com/us-energy-independence-first-time-40-years-1878729

Allow me to be the first to congratulate Joe Biden on molding, crafting, harnessing, building, and unleashing the greatest economy ever witnessed by mankind.

Fake news.... but did you hear about the Biden caravans.  

image.thumb.png.4d5b98476ca5f9d1d35144f6347e591a.png

Me: "America is producing the most oil it ever has. There is not a country on the planet in history that has produced more oil than we are doing right now."

Fox News Watchin' Dad: "Well, I haven't heard that."

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's pure madness.  Even if you told him to go look it up, he wouldn't.  They.   Don't.  Want.  The.  Truth.

They just want something to be mad at.

Theres no use with these MAGA monkeys. They’re a bunch of animals.  They just want to point, scream, and blame things on people. Facts don’t matter at all. 

• Like 1

Biden in Dallas, March 20:

But, look, I know everyone is not feeling the enthusiasm.  Just the other day a defeated-looking man came up to me and said, “Mr. President, I have crushing debt, and I’m completely wiped out.”  And I had to look at him and say, “Donald, I’m sorry.  I can’t help you.”  I thought about it, but I just couldn’t do it.

"Dark Brandon" meme transforms from internet humor to political strategy, aiding Biden's campaign fundraising and energizing supporters.(Twitter)

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What kind of super-strength eagle is that?  
Eagle running a heavy-duty container loading crane at a major port might be what's needed to lift his fucking fat ass.

Best Trump gif is him getting scared by the bald eagle.

scared bald eagle GIF by NowThis

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

16 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Best Trump gif is him getting scared by the bald eagle.

scared bald eagle GIF by NowThis

I don't blame Trump for a second. My ass is afraid of large birds that could snatch my eyeball out like I was on the set of Kill Bill. Birds are small dinosaurs that move fast. Keep them away from my face. </anti-bird rant>

• Prepare your anus 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't blame Trump for a second. My ass is afraid of large birds that could snatch my eyeball out like I was on the set of Kill Bill. Birds are small dinosaurs that move fast. Keep them away from my face. </anti-bird rant>

That bird knows that ETTD. Hence, don't touch me!

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

joke's on you. birds don't exist

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Uh oh! The Left is getting better at online comedy and it's making MAGATs nervioso!

Ironically I wasgoing to say that's not funny and looks like the lazy MAGA boomer memes.

I can't believe Joe didn't fly his helicopter to the cargo ship and prevent it from hitting that bridge in Baltimore! He was probably playing golf instead of doing his job!

He's asleep at the wheel! 

He only let this happen so Congress will have to pass billions to fix it and tie it to Ukraine funding!

Is this how we Build back better? Lololololol

This wouldn't have happened if we had a real Secretary of Transportation instead of that unqualified Gayor Pete!

- Republicans, probably 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

15 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Final Q4 2023 GDP revised upwards to 3.4%. Text your brothers and uncles.

And Germany's revised down to 0.1%. The worst performing major European economy two years straight? That's pretty good stuff, Joey B should use the contrast of Euro countries on the downswing and what he's doing to succeed here.

Mississippi Senate, with a veto proof majority, has passed their own version of Medicaid expansion, after the MS House did the same with their own bill. Senate version is much less expansive and has a work requirement. Now comes the sausage making.

https://mississippitoday.org/2024/03/28/mississippi-medicaid-expansion-senate-passes-legislature-work-requirement-hosemann/