2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Did you submit an insurance claim?

I haven’t submitted one yet for last fall’s real hailstorm.
Might wait until summer to see what else we get.

(we have a class 4 roof that’s only two years old).

Just had "baby's first tornado drill" in our house with getting my wife and 2 week old settled into a first floor bath tub. I couldn't see 10 feet past my porch for about half an hour in spring branch, and our power has been out since around 620

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This shit is intense in Houston. Our patio French doors were being pushed open. Tree branches falling everywhere. 

Got pretty sporty in the Richmond/Pecan Grove area but it seems like the worst has passed. Now waiting for power to come back on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just had "baby's first tornado drill" in our house with getting my wife and 2 week old settled into a first floor bath tub. I couldn't see 10 feet past my porch for about half an hour in spring branch, and our power has been out since around 620

How horrible.   The experts say to put babies in car seats, as should the worst happen and your house is hit, they're more protected in the seat.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Txangel9910 said:

How horrible.   The experts say to put babies in car seats, as should the worst happen and your house is hit, they're more protected in the seat.

Don’t tell his wife . At best he has to buy another car seat , at worst every storm he has to go wrestle it out of the mini van 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Got pretty sporty in the Richmond/Pecan Grove area but it seems like the worst has passed. Now waiting for power to come back on. 

I think you'll be waiting for awhile. I'll be surprised if power is backup for most people before the end of the weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Farmerted said:

Don’t tell his wife . At best he has to buy another car seat , at worst every storm he has to go wrestle it out of the mini van 

It's nice to have my wife and I both be the youngest siblings. Lots of hand me downs including multiple car seats.

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy Crap.  I wonder if my building did? 

It got really windy here in The Woodlands, but we escaped the worst of it.  The power flickered about 10 or 15 times, but it always came back on.  I guess since they had to replce so much infrastructure near us from a similar storm last year that it held up this year.  I hope it comes on for you down in Htown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

I think you'll be waiting for awhile. I'll be surprised if power is backup for most people before the end of the weekend. 

Just came back on. 😳

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jeez, that looks terrible.  Straight line winds or a possible tornado?

Tornado according to the family. It's in the south part of Bridgeland near Tuckerton and summer camp. One of the people that runs our local Bridgeland Cares group lost his roof. They do all sorts of charity work locally to help families with meal trains or assistance in disasters and such. Fucking sucks 😕

Lived in houston 38 years. Never seen wind like this. Heights is pretty much trashed. Most roads impassable. 

200lb fridge in the middle of Stude Park playground. The door to the fridge is 1/4 mile away near the big baseball field

A lotta 100-200 year old trees uprooted and fallen across streets

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't know if I see a funnel (or if this is Cypress like it's claimed)

I don't have the greatest eyesight, but that looks like a funnel to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I haven’t submitted one yet for last fall’s real hailstorm.
Might wait until summer to see what else we get.

(we have a class 4 roof that’s only two years old).

I was wondering what y'all did... you weren't answering my calls. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hurricane 6:30pm just flew thru Houston.  News reporting that 80-100 mph winds. I believe it with the trees down around me. 

FYI to all, we do insurance work in Houston.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

In Cypress, no power, friend at Center point says we will probably be down for a week or so due to the huge transmission towers along 99 getting wrecked. Got my generator out and setup already, we got AC, kids are in bed, so not too bad but very scary during the worst of it. 

A few homes in our area had massive damage. 

FB_IMG_1715909642992.jpg

FB_IMG_1715909631814.jpg

No way that's not tornado damage. If it was just wind then the other houses would look the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dogbreath said:

Medina lake status here we come. 

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!

I used to fish on Medina a lot during my teens and twenties. I briefly considered building a place there but it turned into a puddle and is in the process of completely drying out. Ended up over here by Canyon instead.

GOOF looks like Beirut, never seen anything like this. Fence knocked down in backyard, batting cage flipped over onto my deck, no power. Could be worse but I think the worse part will be waiting for power to come back on, at least we have running water.

• Like 1