NFL Black Monday Predictions 2024 and New Coach speculatin’

Texzilla58

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

wtf Atlanta? Maybe 2nd worst owner in football

He’s actually been a good owner, but word on the streets is Rich McKay is behind this, and now Blank is being dumb putting his loyalty to McKay over the teams best interests imo. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Raheem Morris gets the Falcons gig, so much for Belichick. 

Defensive coach, not ideal for Bijan. Also yeah like others said, wtf are they thinking.

At least this means Slowik likely staying in Houston

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Defensive coach, not ideal for Bijan. Also yeah like others said, wtf are they thinking.

At least this means Slowik likely staying in Houston

Sounds like he wants the Rams OC, which may be good for Bijan, bc they used Kyren very well in both the run and pass game. 32 receptions on 48 targets and 3 TDs, even with his injury and being out for a while.  I think the first thing he’d see is Bijan’s 58 catches and 4 TD and see how versatile he is 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Covri said:

He’s actually been a good owner, but word on the streets is Rich McKay is behind this, and now Blank is being dumb putting his loyalty to McKay over the teams best interests imo. 

Can you be a good owner when you pass on Morris to hire Smith, and then pass on Belichek to hire Morris? And if McKay is allowed to make these dumb moves, that's not exactly what I would call good ownership. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Blank is a douche. McKay has had his hand up Blank’s ass for years. No way he’d agree to give up any power to Bill.

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like he wants the Rams OC, which may be good for Bijan, bc they used Kyren very well in both the run and pass game. 32 receptions on 48 targets and 3 TDs, even with his injury and being out for a while.  I think the first thing he’d see is Bijan’s 58 catches and 4 TD and see how versatile he is 

Yeah, could be a good situation if he can bring an OC from the Rams, who has been working with McVeigh. Like Ryans did with Slowick from SF.

But yeah, it would have been nice for Bijan to go to a team with a QB. 

The Falcons had the right idea three years ago.  They just executed poorly.  The league is run by the offenses these days and the QB is the most important position by far.  So they went and got a hotshot OC, just Blank screwed up and chose someone he had ties to and was "comfortable" with in Smith.  And then they compounded that mistake by never getting the QB position hammered out.  And so what did they get?  Seven wins, three years in a row.  

Now, instead of realizing they were on the right track but just executed poorly, Blank is going back to what he knows and what is comfortable in Morris.  Which is exactly how bad organizations stay bad.  

• Like 3

Of the last 5 Super Bowls, the defense was the primary factor in at least two victories. I’d say it was actually 3. There will be tons of Lamar talk but the Ravens are the favorites as much because of their defense.

The QB is the most important player often but many a Super Bowl was won for reasons other than great QB play. Manning and Elway won when they weren’t particularly great at playing the position.

For the Falcons, I believe they were much better running the ball last year than this year. I don’t believe that was solely attributable to QB play. That’s one thing they need to figure out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Blank is a douche. McKay has had his hand up Blank’s ass for years. No way he’d agree to give up any power to Bill.

It seems like the new people (HC and GM) will report directly to Blank and bypass McKay. Thats my understanding of articles I’ve been reading. Maybe Bill gave Blank some friendly advice? I get Raheem (sort of even though the trend is towards offensive minded HCs.) I’m less understanding the Panthers choice for HC. I figure Belichick has two good coaching years in him. I’d bring him in as a highly paid analyst to streamline the defense on my team. Doesn’t count against the cap and he still knows what he is doing on that side of the ball. I’m surprised the Commanders haven’t taken a swing in that direction. At any rate, I get Raheem because he has fingerprints on the successful years they had in 2015-2019. For the most part. Obviously he was there in 2020 but that synergy is still there even though most would say it was Shanahan getting the most out of Matt Ryan. 

IMG_9161.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:25 PM, SpiralOut said:

The Falcons had the right idea three years ago.  They just executed poorly.  The league is run by the offenses these days and the QB is the most important position by far.  So they went and got a hotshot OC, just Blank screwed up and chose someone he had ties to and was "comfortable" with in Smith.  And then they compounded that mistake by never getting the QB position hammered out.  And so what did they get?  Seven wins, three years in a row.  

Now, instead of realizing they were on the right track but just executed poorly, Blank is going back to what he knows and what is comfortable in Morris.  Which is exactly how bad organizations stay bad.  

Don’t disagree with this, but I like that Morris is bringing Z Robinson with him from the Rams. He’s supposed to be very well-regarded, and hopefully he is bringing a McVeigh-esque scheme to Atlanta…I think that would be a good situation for Bijan. (Of course, they still need a QB.)

7 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Don’t disagree with this, but I like that Morris is bringing Z Robinson with him from the Rams. He’s supposed to be very well-regarded, and hopefully he is bringing a McVeigh-esque scheme to Atlanta…I think that would be a good situation for Bijan. (Of course, they still need a QB.)

Whenever someone uses the word regarded on here as it’s meant to be and not a as a synonym for retarded I laugh. 

• Haha 2

Campbell fell victim again to his ego and brand. He did it in the Dallas game and cost himself a chance for home field. As bad as his 4th down calls were the playcalling in that final TD was terrible. Everyone saying he’ll maybe learn or be better the next time the odds are he won’t get another shot. Blew it.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:22 AM, closetohumping said:

Anyone else jazzed up about Harbaugh to the Chargers?!?!?

He’s going to win a whole bunch of games with Herbert as his QB. I think he at least makes a Super Bowl. Herbert has been saddled with mediocre coaching staffs his entire time with the Chargers. People can dislike Harbaugh, but he’ll win big there.

I like Dan Campbell. Taking that first FG though you could see was like acid in his mouth. Hates it. Having said that he may never be comfortable punting or kicking the FG. But he’s got and has coached a damn good team. I think they outplayed their roster overall. They get a good draft and they will absolutely be back. Minny needs a QB. Chicago is a work in progress and my guess is Fields is gone. Green Bay is rolling along and with the NFC as weak as it is Detroit will be in the mix next year. This is too funny not to share though:

It cracks me the look on Kevin Costner’s face though. Like he just realized he is in a Superman film by a guy who hates Superman for whatever reason. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

He’s going to win a whole bunch of games with Herbert as his QB. I think he at least makes a Super Bowl. Herbert has been saddled with mediocre coaching staffs his entire time with the Chargers. People can dislike Harbaugh, but he’ll win big there.

I hope they at least give KC some competition in the division. 

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Getting his UM S&C guy there could help a ton.  That entire team basically died during the season.  Allen, Williams, Palmer.  Herbert was running out of people to throw to until he went on IR for his finger. 

57 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Get ready for some bench warmer to lead the team in carries as Najee Harris is used as a decoy!

Was the Warren-to-starter move permanent or just a short-term thing at the end of the season?  If Warren's still the backup, Smith's weird preference of giving the backup more carries might work out for the better.

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I’m not sure the Steelers need to draft 3 offensive skill guys with their first 3 picks. But think of the options they’d have.

Tomlin might be the most overrated current NFL head coach... can't believe Pittsburgh has not let him go yet...  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Tomlin might be the most overrated current NFL head coach... can't believe Pittsburgh has not let him go yet...  

Dude is a genius.

He brings in these weak as fuck coordinators, lets the fans blame the team's failures on those guys, and then eventually fires them and goes, well, hey it wasn't my fault and we didn't have a losing season!  Rinse.  Repeat.

• Like 1

Was the Warren-to-starter move permanent or just a short-term thing at the end of the season?  If Warren's still the backup, Smith's weird preference of giving the backup more carries might work out for the better.

I think technically Najee did start but believe Warren is the better ball carrier. They’re quality players and think hot hand is a reasonable strategy.

Their arrivals on the team highlight the good and bad of the current Steelers. One a free agent. The other a 1st rounder when you don’t block particularly well and have holes on your defense. Warren was a far better deal than Najee.

He’d likely get my vote. On the positive side, his playoff defense kept the opponent in the 30s for the first time ina decade.

57 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Redskins fans are blowing gaskets over Ben Johnson staying in Detroit. Who’d want to take that lousy franchise? Stadium is world class shitbox. Traded away their best players. No QB.

They’ll just end up with a retread like Vrabel I guess 

17 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Redskins fans are blowing gaskets over Ben Johnson staying in Detroit. Who’d want to take that lousy franchise? Stadium is world class shitbox. Traded away their best players. No QB.

Let me just say after 30 years of being garbage, I take it all in stride.

We'll get who we get and deal with it.

17 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Commanders.   Anyway, is the former Golden State guy (Bob Myers)  still running this search??

May end up with Dan Quinn which could be good break for the Cowboys.  😋

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Commanders.   Anyway, is the former Golden State guy (Bob Myers)  still running this search??

May end up with Dan Quinn which could be good break for the Cowboys.  😋

The Basketball guy got us Adam Peters as GM, and I presume Peters is running the HC search.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 12:54 PM, The Dog said:

Mike Tomlin WANTS to get fired:

On 1/30/2024 at 12:57 PM, Pam Cummings said:

Steelers 3rd, 4th, and 5th weapons on offense rn

37u3g1.png

On 1/30/2024 at 1:37 PM, Had Enough said:

I’m not sure the Steelers need to draft 3 offensive skill guys with their first 3 picks. But think of the options they’d have.

23 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

The arrogance of mediocrity.

23 hours ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Smith is going to find a way to make the backup OT lead the team in catches over there in Pitt

23 hours ago, The Dog said:

Get ready for some bench warmer to lead the team in carries as Najee Harris is used as a decoy!

23 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

tell me arthur smith isn't ai generated

image.thumb.png.9b0db23a825b419e1e69c8b40e1d9694.png

22 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

21 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

18 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Dude is a genius.

He brings in these weak as fuck coordinators, lets the fans blame the team's failures on those guys, and then eventually fires them and goes, well, hey it wasn't my fault and we didn't have a losing season!  Rinse.  Repeat.

17 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I think technically Najee did start but believe Warren is the better ball carrier. They’re quality players and think hot hand is a reasonable strategy.

Their arrivals on the team highlight the good and bad of the current Steelers. One a free agent. The other a 1st rounder when you don’t block particularly well and have holes on your defense. Warren was a far better deal than Najee.

17 hours ago, Had Enough said:

He’d likely get my vote. On the positive side, his playoff defense kept the opponent in the 30s for the first time ina decade.

I don't know what to think of this development. It seems very, milquetoast, for want of a better word. It's just "blah". Perhaps it will work. I don't know. The OL has been garbage for so long. Although it did seem to improve a bit in run-blocking as the season wore on. It's just a very uninspiring team, and has been for about a decade. There are big issues and I don't know if this guy will fix the offensive issues. We'll see. It could also make me want to spend more time driving the old cars on nice autumn Sundays.

So, in summation, my reaction to this is:

No Idea Reaction GIF by Laff

• Like 1