2024 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Just took a peek at the Dolphins 11-6 record, and holy shit, they beat 1 team with a positive W/L record: The Cowboys. The other wins were

Patriots X2
Chargers
Raiders
Jets X2
Commanders
Giants
Panthers

Talk about a paper tiger, sheesh. 

And they looked pretty meh against Dallas at home, too. Dallas shit the bed all game long to lose that one. Mustered up enough to take a late lead and their defense let Tua march down the field on them to lose.

That is what worries me about Dallas in the playoffs. Defense ability to make any qB with a pulse look like Joe Montana.

12 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

They’ve shown more Swift this quarter than actual football. 

It is funny so many people bitch about her, but she's not running the camera.  She's sitting there watching a football game.  The vitriol by a lot of people is way misguided.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

It is funny so many people bitch about her, but she's not running the camera.  She's sitting there watching a football game.  The vitriol by a lot of people is way misguided.

I'm sure she's aware the cameras will be on her, but that's likely not the point of her being there. She doesn't really need the publicity. Cameras are ALWAYS on her.

What's wrong with her showing up for her dude?

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, jofus said:

fcde63924c38c17b72d1172a5d6e8b37.jpg

Desaun popped that crack head

Defense did ok

Offense was total shit for the Fins. 

I'd say they should've ran a lot more but they weren't getting shit so I dunno. Stop being cute in horrible weather and just dominate the LOS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

Yeah, but you know, most people are fucking idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, AbeFroman said:

The games not postponed because they don’t want to play football in the elements

The games postponed because it would be absolutely idiotic to have a big event for 100,000 people in the middle of a major storm 

I’m not sure how anyone over the age of 5 doesn’t understand this concept 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

The games not postponed because they don’t want to play football in the elements

The games postponed because it would be absolutely idiotic to have a big event for 100,000 people in the middle of a major storm 

The point is that they should have put at least a retractable roof on a stadium in upstate New York, regardless of what the weather is like today. Honestly even with a roof I think the game would have been postponed due to the severity of this storm, but it's stupid to expect teams that far north to be able to host games consistently in the middle of winter. The field will probably be really shitty on Monday, so it could be a hazard for players too. It's an easily avoidable problem for a multi-billion dollar League. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

The point is that they should have put at least a retractable roof on a stadium in upstate New York, regardless of what the weather is like today. Honestly even with a roof I think the game would have been postponed due to the severity of this storm, but it's stupid to expect teams that far north to be able to host games consistently in the middle of winter. The field will probably be really shitty on Monday, so it could be a hazard for players too. It's an easily avoidable problem for a multi-billion dollar League. 

Sure, that makes sense of course, but there are morons out there saying the game should have been played, even without a roof, in those conditions. Clearly there are a whole lot of people whose grasp of reality is tenuous at best.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

They can use that excuse this week, but to build a new multi-billion dollar stadium in that climate without a retractable roof is beyond moronic.  Of course, this is the same group that thinks jumping on tables is cool so what can you expect

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

Maybe . . . 

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of a protocol employing a combination of loading zones vs. one employing a constant medium-repetition loading zone on muscular adaptations in resistance-trained men. 19 trained men (height=176.9±7.0 cm; body mass=83.1±11.8 kg; age=23.3±2.9 years) were randomly assigned to 1 of 2 experimental groups: a constant-rep resistance training (RT) routine (CONSTANT) that trained using 8-12 RM per set, or a varied-rep RT routine (VARIED) that trained with 2-4 RM per set on Day 1, 8-12 RM per set on Day 2, and 20-30 RM on Day 3 for 8 weeks. Results showed that both groups significantly increased markers of muscle strength, muscle thickness, and local muscular endurance, with no differences noted between groups. Effect sizes favored VARIED over CONSTANT condition for elbow flexor thickness (0.72 vs. 0.57), elbow extensor thickness (0.77 vs. 0.48), maximal bench press strength (0.80 vs. 0.57), and upper body muscle endurance (1.91 vs. 1.28). In conclusion, findings indicate that both varied and constant loading approaches can promote significant improvements in muscular adaptations in trained young men.

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

I don't see the advantage of a retractable roof in Buffalo. Just build a dome.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Retractable roofs are dumb as shit.  They rarely if ever even open them. Just cut the bullshit. 

I see logic didn't wake up with either one of you today.

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Dolphins have played some real losery football the last 6 weeks. That choke job against Tennessee a month ago was the worst loss I saw this season. 

Hoping the Iggles follow suit...