Texas @ Cincy- 6pm on ESPN+

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We have to start getting more out of Brock. 

I know he does the little stuff but 2 points, 0 points, 5 points, and 0 points in the last 4 games. He's also getting really good looks. Needs to hit some of these open looks. 

His 3 ball seems to have regressed since last year 

man, 3-1 to start conference play is still on the table - and honestly should happen with the next two games being against two of the worst teams in the league.

i haven't read the thread but does anyone know if the team is heading back to austin or staying up north since the game on saturday is in morgantown?

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Probably so but the issue is Terry views Shedrick as a starter.

We are sacrificing too many Disu minutes for Shedrick. 

Dylan is averaging 20 minutes a game, had 4 fouls in the last two games.

I think Terry is just being careful with the injury and his minutes will probably increase after this.

Unless the Lakers grab him off the bus headed home.

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

man, 3-1 to start conference play is still on the table - and honestly should happen with the next two games being against two of the worst teams in the league.

i haven't read the thread but does anyone know if the team is heading back to austin or staying up north since the game on saturday is in Morgantown?

I think the team almost always goes home. The Saturday game is at 6 also. Really need to win that game.

16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Shedirck played 28:31 against Tech. Disu played 16:59 against Tech. 

That was the biggest problem in that game. 

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Probably so but the issue is Terry views Shedrick as a starter.

We are sacrificing too many Disu minutes for Shedrick. 

You're normally on point, Ricky, but Disu was in foul trouble for virtually the entire Tech game. Very, very bad example.

This team is going to need Shedrick, both to defend against the other teams' bigs and for his production. Disu ain't gonna be able to ring up 33 every night.

(Or is he? LoL)

i’m still smiling from ear to ear, i cannot believe we won that game. i don’t remember the last time i was *that* resigned to a loss only to have us pull it out in the end. for all its deficiencies this team always plays hard. and going to disu down the stretch showed a higher iq than we’ve shown in previous games. plus we had to overcome some asinine officiating. that was a gutsy conference win. really really needed it too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Disu ain't gonna be able to ring up 33 every night.

(Or is he? LoL)

Yeah but what if he does though? He still hasn't fully recovered from his injury but man...if he can be The Guy(tm) well maybe we have something here.

You'd tell me we'd only have 26 rebounds plus 19 personal fouls to their 10, I thought we'd get shelled.  Not to mention their good shooting 26/61 & 7/17. But their shitty free throw shooting and Disu did it for us.  Congrats Horns.  Take the win.  On to the next battle.  We needed this one.

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You're normally on point, Ricky, but Disu was in foul trouble for virtually the entire Tech game. Very, very bad example.

This team is going to need Shedrick, both to defend against the other teams' bigs and for his production. Disu ain't gonna be able to ring up 33 every night.

(Or is he? LoL)

Disu was in foul trouble but he ended the game with 4 fouls. There was zero reason he should have only played 16 minutes against Tech. 

Just now, YGIFS said:

You'd tell me we'd only have 26 rebounds plus 19 personal fouls to their 10, I thought we'd get shelled.  Not to mention their good shooting 26/61 & 7/17. But their shitty free throw shooting and Disu did it for us.  Congrats Horns.  Take the win.  On to the next battle.  We needed this one.

Yeah. An 0-2 start in this gauntlet would have been hard to recover from.

I mentioned this a week or two ago, but styles make fights and Cincy was the type of team we matched up okay with as long as we brought our toughness. The Europeans killed us but we were able to control their guard game (Day Day Thomas was 1 for 7 from the field) and that allowed us to hang around despite the slow start in the second half.

This is why I am deathly afraid of Baylor but think we can hang with the OU/Iowa State's of the world and could find ourselves in a fight with Houston if we bring our A-game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We have to start getting more out of Brock. 

I know he does the little stuff but 2 points, 0 points, 5 points, and 0 points in the last 4 games. He's also getting really good looks. Needs to hit some of these open looks. 

Weaver needs to replace him in the starting lineup. He is a glue guy with more upside. Brock can help steady the bench 

Wow.  Disu unbelievable.  

Also, what the fuck with the officiating 80 fouls in the first have 3 total with 8 minutes left in the second.  same game was being played

additionally, are announcers contractually obligated to say Jizzle James and not just James?

Brock is too much of a badass to have this funk drag on much longer. Dude will figure it out. Also, while we're just gonna have to live with some of Abmas' shortcomings, the dude has confidence. We lost a couple of the "clutch moment" guys from last years team, so I liked seeing Abmas carve out a shot and take it with no hesitation. We're likely gonna play a lot of close games, and it cant be Disu shooting every one of those. I'm gruntled this evening. 

• Hook 'Em 3

In the post game, the first thing Disu asked was how many minutes he got. He said that he has been on a minutes restriction.  I'm sure that had something to do with his low minutes vs. Tech.

I really think our best lineup is:  Abmas, Hunter, Mitchell, Disu, Shedrick. 

Brock can be the first off the bench and move Disu and Mitchell to the 4/5 respectively.  But I really want him back to the 18-22 minute range. Then bring in Weaver for Hunter if he is having one of his off nights.  Everybody else should get spot minutes as necessary.

Disu is capable of playing at a National PoY level. That isn't hyperbole. If healthy, he could average 20 and 10 with a couple of blocks and a couple of 3s on great efficiency.  And Abmas is CAPABLE of playing at an All-Region level (which is an award he has already won in a NCAA tournament).  The other pieces just need to step up and play to their potential.  We have plenty of talent on this team.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Mitchell should be around 10 pts a game and he usually falls short

I mean, he's averaging 11.3 a game and has scored 16 and 10 in our two conference games. 

The improvement in his game is noticeable. He isn't the ideal college player because of his inability to have any game outside of 12 feet but he is a plus defender and has improved greatly as a rebounder. 

• Hook 'Em 1