Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

DeBoer is a MAJOR issue for the SEC if he takes that job. and if he does, Texas AD, President's office and the BOR need to hire Bama folks as consultants on our next hires. that's one GOAT to what may be the next. Sweet fucking Jesus say it isn't so. I want DeBoer at WA or at a Big 10 school. Fuck that, I want him in the NFL where I don't have to worry one single day about him. That fucker can coach.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

DeBoer is a MAJOR issue for the SEC if he takes that job. and if he does, Texas AD, President's office and the BOR need to hire Bama folks as consultants on our next hires. that's one GOAT to what may be the next. Sweet fucking Jesus say it isn't so. I want DeBoer at WA or at a Big 10 school. Fuck that, I want him in the NFL where I don't have to worry one single day about him. That fucker can coach.

da998bc3-0e46-4167-be83-3323cbeee6c8_tex

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We get it, you’re terrified of him 

I ain't terrified of anyone. I'd just prefer Bama to suck for a while. and quite frankly for on the field results I'd rather have DeBoer than Sark. there I said it.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Most of it was pretty good but a guy who knows that cheating and breaking rules was part of his dominance preaching about the importance of an even playing field was pretty gross. 

That, and him saying he never complained.  What about the tempo offenses?  Shouldn’t be allowed?

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, troph said:

Dont need bama consultants to tell me DeBoer or whoever is great.  My only worry is can he recruit in the south

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Dont need bama consultants to tell me DeBoer or whoever is great.  My only worry is can he recruit in the south

I’m sure he will have help. He won’t deep around like Harsin did. Saban will have an office there. Sounds super fun! DeBoer should stay in Washington or got to Seahawks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

if they go from a great to another great that's just fucked up. we go Mack and shit the bed not once but twice before Sark. and then before that DKR to Mack, not even gonna go there.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m sure he will have help. He won’t deep around like Harsin did. Saban will have an office there. Sounds super fun! DeBoer should stay in Washington or got to Seahawks. 

No one's talking about Mischter-BDE Urban Meyer taking the job.  I wonder why that is.... hmmmm....  Lulz.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Bama + coach em up + win + good assistants, yeah he can recruit the south.

I think the reality though is unless you want to teach/coach kids and young men, then the NFL is a much easier gig now when comparing coaching football in one league versus the other.

11 minutes ago, troph said:

if they go from a great to another great that's just fucked up. we go Mack and shit the bed not once but twice before Sark. and then before that DKR to Mack, not even gonna go there.

I get the sentiment, but Mack Brown is not a 'great'. He talked one great into sticking around and then recruited the greatest-ever and eventually let him do his thing. Then he got lazy and started stealing paychecks as he sat by and watched our program slip back into obscurity.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

scared of DeBoer????..all he needed was two lost fumbles, a dropped TD pass strange calls from the refs and he STILL was one pass from the 12 yd line away from losing that game anyway.....notice I didnt mention the 24 yr old QB....is that the guy you are terrified of?......say it aint so!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, oldhorn2 said:

scared of DeBoer????..all he needed was two lost fumbles, a dropped TD pass strange calls from the refs and he STILL was one pass from the 12 yd line away from losing that game anyway.....notice I didnt mention the 24 yr old QB....is that the guy you are terrified of?......say it aint so!

Roster full of NFL guys and almost double digit 6 year players. Also their first half game plan was flawless, it’s as if they had a mole in our run throughs. 

6 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

You forgot that the 6th year senior QB had the game of his life.  Not sure many QBs will be facing a Texas team with that bad of a secondary and lack of an edge pass rush for years to come fortunately.  

• Hook 'Em 5

52 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Same.  I don't hate my job, or even dislike it that much, but I am fucking done.  

Yeah, I don’t like all that comes with a job, from people jockeying for position to performance reviews, but being paid to do R&D in a rapidly evolving field that matches your natural inclination is too good to say goodbye to. Of course, the money is still the number 1 reason. 

On a personal note, having lost my aunt and uncle this year (both at 72–she from Alzheimer’s and he from heart attack they would have been married 51 years this year)  I hope Saban’s health concerns are minor ones. Imagine achieving all that and not being able to travel and have some fun the money you made. I can’t imagine him retiring because of how invested he was. Very few people live like he did as a coach. But he should hook up with Jimmy Johnson and Belichick and go deep sea fishing. I don’t wish health issues on anyone. 

He’s got a $17 mil house in Ft Myers. Jimmy or Bill will hook him up with a boat guy if he needs. Jimmy’s more the big sport fisherman, Bills kind of a whaler guy.

Maybe he had that kickoff meeting with the coaching staff and just looked in the mirror and said fuck it. Probably got a list of guys wanting to portal out or wanting more money. Wife might have told him he could wake up with a blowjob every morning instead of watching film at 5 am if he retired.

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Wife might have told him he could wake up with a blowjob every morning instead of watching film at 5 am if he retired.

From someone other than her, I would hope.

terry-nick-saban.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Some people need to get their shit together and stop day drinking 😂....looking at you @troph

We are building the death star. It don't make a shit who Bama hires. We got our guy.

I'm stone cold sober this month, probably my issue.

I'd love Bama to suck and Texas to roll in (no pun intend) and dominate.  DeBoer had great talent but not across the board and he's only lost 3 games as a P5 coach in two years and won 3 titles the last time he was a HC, albeit NAIA. I do think he's going to be one of the best in the business.

In that Saban interview he said that rebuilding a program and maintaining a winning are two totally different things. Nothing to prove in the second one, and it's harder to learn when you've been winning. I hope Sark keeps learning, I hope losing that need to prove to people isn't the core of his motivation. Saban preached playing to a standard every week, for 15+ years he fucking did that. If Sark is like that, wants to be the best he and his players can be for that reason alone and he learns even when he wins, then we will be fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Perspective can be subjective.   I’ve been here 12 years.  Don’t know how many stints that is equivalent to.  Beyond the weather, which is fine for me, I’m here for the beauty that hits me in the face every day.

I had a live-in like that one time. Had to cut her loose . . .

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm stone cold sober this month, probably my issue.

I'd love Bama to suck and Texas to roll in (no pun intend) and dominate.  DeBoer had great talent but not across the board and he's only lost 3 games as a P5 coach in two years and won 3 titles the last time he was a HC, albeit NAIA. I do think he's going to be one of the best in the business.

In that Saban interview he said that rebuilding a program and maintaining a winning are two totally different things. Nothing to prove in the second one, and it's harder to learn when you've been winning. I hope Sark keeps learning, I hope losing that need to prove to people isn't the core of his motivation. Saban preached playing to a standard every week, for 15+ years he fucking did that. If Sark is like that, wants to be the best he and his players can be for that reason alone and he learns even when he wins, then we will be fine.

We tried to warn people, my lovely and they wouldn’t fucking listen to our sage warnings. Looks like DeBoer has accepted if X sources are legit/accurate. We tried. It’s their funeral. I don’t drink anymore but will treat you to a steak dinner of “we fucking told yall so.”

1 hour ago, troph said:

Except for that coaching in the 4th quarter of our game. It was terribad only to be bailed out by Sark’s red zone offense.

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire