2024 WR Silas Bolden (Transfer)

Firemans4Horn

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I only watched one Oregon State game last year but remembered him being electric. 

Here are the highlights: 

Not sure what stood out to me more. How great Bolden looked or how shitty DJ Uiagaleilei looked. 

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

It gives him three months to get used to living on surface of the sun before season starts. 

That dude is in for one hell of a weather adjustment 

He’s from Fontana, CA, so he’s used to hot weather in the summer. However, this will still be a different type of summer hot. You’re right, though. It’ll be extreme compared to Corvallis. 

1 hour ago, Kwix said:

Not the post I was expecting when I saw this bumped. Guy is not afraid of competition, that's for sure. 

He told OTF he's here to make his mark for the draft and win a NC. We have dudes that are fast at receiver but we don't have anyone else as shifty to make people miss as he shows. He brings an element that will get him on the field

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He told OTF he's here to make his mark for the draft and win a NC. We have dudes that are fast at receiver but we don't have anyone else as shifty to make people miss as he shows. He brings an element that will get him on the field

Yards After Catch impressive in the films. Also looked good finding the ball and going after it. 

Someone in the stats biz oughta break down passes into Air Yards and Ground Yards. Find out that 75 yard passing TD was 5 Air Yards and 70 Ground Yards, and the next one was 45 Air Yards and 2 Ground Yards...

If everyone is as advertised, Wingo will need to be patient. Having said that, I think he gets a few more snaps than Cook got this past season.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If everyone is as advertised, Wingo will need to be patient. Having said that, I think he gets a few more snaps than Cook got this past season.

Wingo is going to play, I would imagine his role increases as the year goes on. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Wingo is going to play, I would imagine his role increases as the year goes on. 

Assuming Wingo stays healthy, he'll be seeing plenty of field and plenty of targets. Too bad we didn't get to see Bolden for either Arch or Trey to throw to on 4/20.

Wingo is the biggest mismatch in the WR room.   The minute the coaches feel he has the playbook and schemes down, he’ll be starting.

I’m excited to see what Sark draws up for Bolden.  Dude was abusing Utah in that film.  

13 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

He’s from Fontana, CA, so he’s used to hot weather in the summer. However, this will still be a different type of summer hot. You’re right, though. It’ll be extreme compared to Corvallis. 

Fontana is plenty hot, and smoggy too.  The humidity will be unusual for him for sure.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Wingo is the biggest mismatch in the WR room.   The minute the coaches feel he has the playbook and schemes down, he’ll be starting.

I’m excited to see what Sark draws up for Bolden.  Dude was abusing Utah in that film.  

Yea, his size is going to get him into the lineup early

On 5/22/2024 at 12:04 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Bolden will be cooking DBs, and I can't wait to see it. The kid's commitment to getting to work will show up immediately, and he's a mismatch. He'll be housing it for at least 5-8 TD's this season. 

This single game is a great display of what his homerun ability will provide. He's better than X at using hands to fend off jersey tugs and wrist pulls on contested balls. And holy shit at 1:44.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

This single game is a great display of what his homerun ability will provide. He's better than X at using hands to fend off jersey tugs and wrist pulls on contested balls. And holy shit at 1:44.

That was fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Silas seems like a Worthy replacement.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

He’s like a younger Tyreek Hill. Go get some young man! Future NFL “playmaker” right there.

Hook’em!!!

I first thought of Jakeem Grant. Not sure if an apt comparison or not... just the first guy that came to me. 

6 hours ago, Chooky said:

Love how he uses his hands instead of body to catch passes. 

A prep track star in Southern California, Bolden once clocked a time of 10.61 seconds in the 100-meter dash, and he could help form one of the fastest set of receivers in school history. Johnny “Lam” Jones, Eric Metcalf and Devin Duvernay are among the former Longhorns that could lay claim to being the fastest receiver in school history, but the quartet of Boldin, Golden, Banks and current freshman Johntay Cook II all have clocked a 40-yard dash time around 4.4.

BTW, Metcalf ran a 10.54 but he was definitely slower than Tony Jones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bevo said:

A prep track star in Southern California, Bolden once clocked a time of 10.61 seconds in the 100-meter dash, and he could help form one of the fastest set of receivers in school history. Johnny “Lam” Jones, Eric Metcalf and Devin Duvernay are among the former Longhorns that could lay claim to being the fastest receiver in school history, but the quartet of Boldin, Golden, Banks and current freshman Johntay Cook II all have clocked a 40-yard dash time around 4.4.

Bond - Lot's of other mistakes in whatever I quoted.

6 hours ago, Bevo said:

BTW, Metcalf ran a 10.54 but he was definitely slower than Tony Jones.

Marquise? Looks like he ran a 10.43.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/21/2024 at 2:29 PM, Tex Long said:

Yards After Catch impressive in the films. Also looked good finding the ball and going after it. 

Someone in the stats biz oughta break down passes into Air Yards and Ground Yards. Find out that 75 yard passing TD was 5 Air Yards and 70 Ground Yards, and the next one was 45 Air Yards and 2 Ground Yards...

Yards after catch is already a stat.