2024 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

TonyTexas

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

ok seriously, I'm not a fan of the chiefs, eagles, nor swift, but if you don't find the kelces likeable there is something terribly wrong with you

get therapy, seriously, don't dump your bullshit on us

Yeah hating Taylor Swift I don’t really get. I agree that she shouldn’t be shown every Kelse catch and every Chiefs touchdown. 

But they are doing it to get more people to watch. Like when they wear pink for breast cancer and stuff. 

It’s probably 1000% fake relationship Hollywood promotion too. Obviously she’s a prop to generate interest. 

I'm jaded enough to be annoyed by the oversaturation of the Kelce-Swift stuff but not enough to actively complain about it, just slightly annoyed at half my facebook feed bringing it up constantly. I don't have any dislike for either at this point, it's not their fault media outlets are obsessed.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, it ain't my first hype rodeo. Funny how you can hardly notice it if you don't get involved and recognize what ain't your business.

I've seen more football this past year than I have ever before, and I don't recall seeing Swift more than 3-4 times. Maybe because I DVR games, skip commercials, and ignore crowd shots unless it's something interesting, like, say, Jason Kelce cheering on his brother bare-chested in below-freezing weather, which is awesome and hilarious.

Already spoken more about it here than I've thought about it, so I'm going to return to that state of not giving a fuck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Fuck the Kelce's. Tired of seeing them on tv

Maybe you shouldn’t watch football then?

I really don’t get the hate on players that make the most of their fame. These guys have a very small shelf life, they should maximize their money while they can. To not do so would be foolish. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Maybe you shouldn’t watch football then?

I really don’t get the hate on players that make the most of their fame. These guys have a very small shelf life, they should maximize their money while they can. To not do so would be foolish. 

Of course. That doesn’t mean we’re not going to get sick of 45 State Farm commercials during each game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, 'stache said:

Not really, she was already a worldwide mega star, she hasn't gained any notable following because of Kelce. I doubt her strategy is to get a few football fans from Kansas City to buy her albums, especially when it has also turned fans of other teams against her because of the constant coverage, people who otherwise probably had no opinion one way or the other about her, so the football angle is, at best, a wash. Conversely, hundreds of millions of people now know Kelce who otherwise didn't. He was already pretty famous by NFL player standards, but nowhere near Swift's fame. The benefits of that relationship flow solely in his direction.

Also: if you know anything about Swift, she doesn’t do anything, ANYTHING, commercially for free. 

She’s basically printing money for the Owners in merch sales, and trust me, that at some level grinds her gears since she isn’t getting a slice.

Edited by Bateshorn

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Also: if you know anything about Swift, she doesn’t do anything, ANYTHING, commercially for free. 

She’s basically printing money for the Owners in merch sales, and trust me, that at some level grinds her gears since she isn’t getting a slice.

*Travis Kelce* Oh, she is getting something *Travis Kelce*

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm jaded enough to be annoyed by the oversaturation of the Kelce-Swift stuff but not enough to actively complain about it, just slightly annoyed at half my facebook feed bringing it up constantly. I don't have any dislike for either at this point, it's not their fault media outlets are obsessed.

Oh there's your main problem. 

• Haha 2

They’ve cut down on the Swift shots during games. I don’t have an issue with her and I don’t think it’s a fake relationship. She has never dated a big football type guy; I think she has mostly been with sensitive musician weenies. I would hope if it lasts Travis gets her her own box and gets her away from annoying as fuck Britney and Jackson Mahomes.

Travis has really changed his persona. These days he’s an articulate spokesman and actor vs the vanilla ice style white rapper street dude. His agent finally got in his head and showed him the money.