Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

21 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Every time I see Analstasis both-siding yet another thread, I have to ask, who the fuck upvoted him 20k+ times? 

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't @Anastasis use to be a pretty normal poster and then Covid made him snap? Or am I thinking of @MNLonghornFUKM?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

This is a bizarre take, even by Anastasis standards

I’ve always been anti Twitter. Algorithm driven social media is literally destroying our social fabric. But I guess we can just start a thread to talk about which brain damaging social media app owned by a narcissistic billionaire we are migrating to and feel better about it all. It’s about increasing awareness apparently. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I’ve always been anti Twitter. Algorithm driven social media is literally destroying our social fabric. But I guess we can just start a thread to talk about which brain damaging social media app owned by a narcissistic billionaire we are migrating to and feel better about it all. It’s about increasing awareness apparently. 

So in your preferred universe, how does this go down exactly? We talk about Twitter, but never share content from it even if germane to the conversation? Can we link to other websites? Can we quote todays newspaper or repeat what we heard on the radio? Does this site even exist, or do we just discuss current events at the local Wednesday night service over potluck dinner?

28 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't @Anastasis use to be a pretty normal poster and then Covid made him snap? Or am I thinking of @MNLonghornFUKM?

Ana used to feel superior by saying "Russia Russia Russia! You have braim worms!" to everyone.... 

But Russia ended up being exactly what everyone said, and that broke poor Ana....

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Lurch said:

So in your preferred universe, how does this go down exactly?

You just turn off the tweet embed function. It's maybe at least a few clicks I would guess. If you assessed the disinformation and misinformation content of posts across this board, I'd wager a lot of money that there is a significant correlation between disinfo content and posts with embedded tweets. 

6 hours ago, NoName said:

A delorean had stainless steel body parts attached to a fiberglass body.

Cybertruck has no underbody to attach to, which everyone who knows jack shit about cars (aka know more than me) says it's going to be a monumental issue for them and there is a reason no one uses stainless steel as the "exoskeleton" without attaching to an underbody.

Can it be used as a submarine?  Asking for the billionaire who is promoting it.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Ana used to feel superior by saying "Russia Russia Russia! You have braim worms!" to everyone.... 

But Russia ended up being exactly what everyone said, and that broke poor Ana....

Speaking of disinformation and tweet embeds, 2017-2020 was a really interesting time on some of the subs here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You just turn off the tweet embed function. It's maybe at least a few clicks I would guess. If you assessed the disinformation and misinformation content of posts across this board, I'd wager a lot of money that there is a significant correlation between disinfo content and posts with embedded tweets. 

What about Tik Tok comments?

• Hook 'Em 1

What if someone just posted the url to the tweet and pasted the text, as is often done here? Or if they screen cap and past the image, also done frequently? What has been accomplished?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

What about Tik Tok comments?

There are a few posters here that like the TikTok embedded in a tweet embedded in a post move. Inception level brain damage. 

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

What if someone just posted the url to the tweet and pasted the text, as is often done here? Or if they screen cap and past the image, also done frequently? What has been accomplished?

Probably nothing that involves brain activity. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 1

Hey can we stop the dog piling on Anastasis. I don’t agree - or sometimes even know what the fuck point he is trying to make - but let him make it without the barrage.

He adds to other parts of the site. Maybe he deserves the vitriol for some views, but JFC when someone loses their sense of humor in response to a Chooky post, I think it’s time to for everyone to back off.  @Anastasis chill out, not everyone that disagrees is brain damaged.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Pretty sure that has to be done at site level and not at the board level.

So, you want people posting and clicking links instead of embedding?  What about for sports, recruiting embeds?  Might as well shut the whole fucking thing down.

Or you could just not read this shit if it bothers you that much.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I’m not sure what this means. You have a position that makes no sense to me and I’d like to understand your perspective.

The place was a better discussion forum before tweet embedding was introduced. 

If you want to take another angle to it though, according to the observations of many here and elsewhere, twitter has been turned into a hot bed of misinformation, racism, white nationalism, fascism, authoritarianism, etc. All the bad shit. So why do we continue to allows embeds from that hellsite?

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

If you want to take another angle to it though, according to the observations of many here and elsewhere, twitter has been turned into a hot bed of misinformation, racism, white nationalism, fascism, authoritarianism, etc. All the bad shit. So why do we continue to allows embeds from that hellsite?

You think Twitter is something that can be partitioned, via embeds, into “good” and “bad” shit?  That’s not how it works.

1) obviously not ALL (or even most )content is objectionable .
2) the objectionable content is often of interest to the discussion, particularly here on a thread about how out of hand it is becoming

Perhaps the change in discord didn’t occur because of embeds but rather because the state of politics has dramatically changed?
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

@Anastasis chill out, not everyone that disagrees is brain damaged.

This is of course true. But there is clear body of emerging evidence related to the psychopathology associated with algo driven social media consumption. Perhaps we could nip that in the bud in this community by turning that shit off. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Mach 1 said:

Hey can we stop the dog piling on Anastasis. I don’t agree - or sometimes even know what the fuck point he is trying to make - but let him make it without the barrage.

He adds to other parts of the site. Maybe he deserves the vitriol for some views, but JFC when someone loses their sense of humor in response to a Chooky post, I think it’s time to for everyone to back off.  @Anastasis chill out, not everyone that disagrees is brain damaged.

steve-buscemi-reservoir-dogs.gif

He adds nothing and is an agitator and a twat.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is of course true. But there is clear body of emerging evidence related to the psychopathology associated with algo driven social media consumption. Perhaps we could nip that in the bud in this community by turning that shit off. 

You may be right. But this a community of Longhorn football fans looking for informational water in a sea of a 15 year desert.  If they get some side show bullshit from Elmo or whatever disinformation political bot that infects that information, I’ll trust the intellect of MOST people here to suss that out and eject. I think you’re tilting against windmills; grab back your humor my man.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

But Russia ended up being exactly what everyone said,

To be fair, not that many people thought Russia was going to be 100% what we saw in those early YouTube videos of drunk Russians fighting and passing out.

And then 2022 rolls along and we see them stealing fucking toilets and washing machines.

The SEC should have went ahead and made them an offer to join.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There are a few posters here that like the TikTok embedded in a tweet embedded in a post move. Inception level brain damage. 

I'm referring specifically to the comments.  That's where the research is.

11 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

If they get some side show bullshit from Elmo or whatever disinformation political bot that infects that information, I’ll trust the intellect of MOST people here to suss that out and eject.

What do you think about my prior argument regarding the correlation between tweet embeds and disinformation content? Segment out the sports and recruiting tweets and I’d make a run at any reasonable line. Just go take a browse of the top CR threads for example after example if you want. 

I am not sure why the notion that Twitter embeds should be removed from the board functionality is so offensive to many here. 

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I'm referring specifically to the comments.  That's where the research is.

Tik tok should be shot into the sun. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What do you think about my prior argument regarding the correlation between tweet embeds and disinformation content? Segment out the sports and recruiting tweets and I’d make a run at any reasonable line. Just go take a browse of the top CR threads for example after example if you want. 

I am not sure why the notion that Twitter embeds should be removed from the board functionality is so offensive to many here. 

Fair enough. My posts were meant to be bigger picture but must not have landed.

Carry on.

• Like 1

Congratulations, advertisers!

https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/9/23788906/twitters-traffic-is-taking-a-dive-according-to-cloudflares-ceo

Cloudflare CEO Matthew Prince posted a graph to both Threads and Twitter today (Cloudflare’s communications VP Daniella Vallurupalli confirmed it was him) showing what he says is Twitter’s DNS ranking from January to now.

It’s, uh, not a great story!

Twitter alternative Threads, meanwhile, has been growing explosively — it’s less than three million from the 100 million user mark. It debuted on Wednesday.

F0mvPmYaYAEUxU9?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

All the bad shit. So why do we continue to allows embeds from that hellsite?

Because the journey to become the equivalent to Parler and TruthSocial is likely a longer one.  How long did the majority of citizens hold on to their land lines and cable TV?  Abandonment cornerstone tech platforms doesn't happen overnight.  In some cases, like AOL or MySpace, it happens fairly quickly, certainly not instantly.

You are investing in a bad argument.  Sell, Mortimer, sell.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Congratulations, advertisers!

Elon only has a handful of solutions to this problem at this point:  Start insulting more competing CEOs, start posting/retweeting more stupid fucking conspiracy theories, and try to be even more of an incel. That's clearly what advertisers are after.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So embedding tweets is bad, what about memes, gifs, IG sloot photos, dogs, food, and travel photos?  We could go back to drawing dicks in ASCII but I don’t see that happening either.  I think greater functionality is better, maybe avoid threads or posters that like to embed tweets or threads?

Ignore is a useful function, I don’t really understand the self flagellators who won’t use the site features.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Hi, Mrs Anastasis. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

What do you think about my prior argument regarding the correlation between tweet embeds and disinformation content

Can you link 3 individual twitter embeds from CR threads showing disinformation that have not been refuted by posters?

I’ll hang up and listen 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Can you link 3 individual twitter embeds from CR threads showing disinformation that have not been refuted by posters?

I’ll hang up and listen 

One of the top threads on that board, a thread that was started on the basis of embedded tweets from Rebekah Jones, is claiming that the state of Florida has invalidated drivers licenses from multiple other states. 

I know that reality basis is hard for some people here. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

One of the top threads on that board, a thread that was started on the basis of embedded tweets from Rebekah Jones, is claiming that the state of Florida has invalidated drivers licenses from multiple other states. 

Link 

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Link 

SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - As of July 1, Florida law no longer recognizes classes of driver's licenses from five states as part of sweeping anti-illegal immigration legislation. The law focuses on specific classes of driver's licenses in Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Vermont.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2023/07/07/heres-list-invalid-classes-drivers-license-that-florida-no-longer-accepts/#:~:text=SARASOTA%2C Fla.,Hawaii%2C Rhode Island and Vermont.

Lol

Edited by Willfully Horn
Lol
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?