Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Ed Zitron posted a couple screen caps from cybertruckownersclub dot com - here's the reported battery range. 206 miles at 100% usage/164 miles at 80% usage. Another reported 210 and 160 miles.

One flat tire (screw) had to be towed but tire was able to be patched,

This one still gets me - that they don’t have spares and have to be towed or serviced by Tesla on the side of the road.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

This one still gets me - that they don’t have spares and have to be towed or serviced by Tesla on the side of the road.

No Teslas have spares. So nothing new there, but it is of course something that is a lot different when you are touting your apocalypse ready off-road “truck.”

But look, these are going to be driven by crypto-bros who might venture down a dirt road one time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

But look, these are going to be driven by crypto-bros who might venture down a dirt road one time. 

Every time someone on here uses the word crypto-bros I cannot help but picture the three guys from The Menu. Those actors nailed their characters perfectly.

image.png.2976b2129406d8634f1474226724fd47.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, anyone who's spent even a modicum of time off roading or hell, around people who off road know that Testa ain't an off road truck. 

I wish he'd be an arrogant ignorant ass and taken you up on the offer.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No Teslas have spares. So nothing new there, but it is of course something that is a lot different when you are touting your apocalypse ready off-road “truck.”

And that’s only because they were lost and driving around a subdivision in the planning stages.

I could understand it if the tires were fancy advanced run-flats or something, but having to have your “truck” towed or have a Tesla mechanic come out to change a tire somewhere because you drove over a screw or nail or a melded quarter is absolutely insane and has to be a low point in your adult life (then again Cybertruck owners may not have ever changed a tire in their lives).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Maybe Teslas overall do, but the Incel Camino doesn’t come with a spare tire stock, you need to buy it. 

SpaceX requested more land from Texas.

https://gizmodo.com/spacex-texas-parks-wildlife-land-exchange-boca-chica-1851179556

In April 2023, SpaceX’s massive Starship rocket lifted off for the first time, sending chunks of debris thousands of feet across the South Texas landscape and sparking a fire in a nearby state park. It was an environmental nightmare; the launchpad is surrounded by a wildlife habitat that’s home to endangered species. Now, SpaceX is looking to expand its launchpad through a controversial land swap deal, despite concerns from local organizations.

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission is considering trading land with SpaceX; it would acquire approximately 477 acres near the Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge Bahia Grande Unit, and in exchange it would give SpaceX approximately 43 acres from Boca Chica State Park, Texas Public Radio first reported. SpaceX requested the land in order to increase the size of its launchpad, and the decision is up for a vote next week.

“While still under consideration, the potential land exchange could provide mutual benefits by allowing [TPWD] to expand its management and protection of Texas’ natural resources and enhance recreational opportunity while allowing necessary expansion of SpaceX’s facilities and operations in Texas,” TPWD told Gizmodo in an email. “These conversations continue more than a decade of cooperative work with SpaceX to carry out our respective missions as neighbors.”

According to TPWD’s agenda, “This acquisition would create opportunities to expand public access and recreation in the region and allow TPWD to protect and manage the property’s diverse habitats, which include lomas, coastal grasslands, and wetlands.” SpaceX did not respond to Gizmodo’s request for comment.

Spoiler

Local environmentalists are concerned that the land swap could pose a threat to conservation efforts in the area, with species listed under the Endangered Species Act occupying the surrounding wildlife habitat, including birds such as the piping plover, red knot, and northern aplomado falcon.

“American Bird Conservancy (ABC) continues to be deeply concerned about the facility’s impacts on wildlife habitat and the species that rely on it,” the conservancy told Gizmodo in an email. “Federal and state public lands surrounding the SpaceX facility in Boca Chica are used by hundreds of thousands of individual birds of many different species throughout the year.”

Migratory birds like yellow-billed cuckoos and golden-winged warblers pass through during the spring and fall to rest and refuel, while species including the reddish egret and Wilson’s plover breed in the area and nest in adjacent conservation areas, ABC added.

ABC, along with the Center for Biological Diversity and three local non-profit groups in Texas joined forces to sue the Federal Aviation Administration after Starship’s explosive launch last year, claiming that the FAA rushed its approval of SpaceX’s expanded launch operations in Boca Chica without a proper environmental review.

Earlier in 2022, an investigation from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Servicereported that populations of snowy and piping plovers—two shorebird species—dropped drastically near the SpaceX site. The FWS also pointed to possible negative environmental impacts on multiple sea turtle species, as well as other shorebirds, like red knots, should SpaceX expand its launch site.

SpaceX recently announced plans to build a restaurant and a shopping center near the company’s spaceport facility in South Texas. “[CEO Elon] Musk and his pet vanity project continue to pollute and destroy our beautiful beach, coastline, and wildlife,” Christopher Basaldú, from the South Texas Environmental Justice Network, said in a statement in November 2023. “SpaceX, an unnecessary, private money grab that only serves the wealthy, refuses to follow safety regulations, environmental regulations, and the wishes of local communities and the original people of the land.” 

The company’s Starship launched for its second test flight in November 2023 after the FAA cleared it following an environmental review that required SpaceX to make some adjustments to the launchpad to mitigate the rocket’s environmental impact.

TPWD is seeking public comment on the land exchange deal before and on January 25.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

19 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No Teslas have spares. ...

13 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Maybe Teslas overall do, but the Incel Camino doesn’t come with a spare tire stock, you need to buy it. 

Oh wait, commas, how do they work?

I read that initially as:

"No, Teslas have spares ..." which would mean that most Teslas do have spares, but there is no comma there, thus

"No Teslas have spares ..." means this is normal among Tesla vehicles.

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

SpaceX requested more land from Texas.

https://gizmodo.com/spacex-texas-parks-wildlife-land-exchange-boca-chica-1851179556

Reveal hidden contents

Local environmentalists are concerned that the land swap could pose a threat to conservation efforts in the area, with species listed under the Endangered Species Act occupying the surrounding wildlife habitat, including birds such as the piping plover, red knot, and northern aplomado falcon.

“American Bird Conservancy (ABC) continues to be deeply concerned about the facility’s impacts on wildlife habitat and the species that rely on it,” the conservancy told Gizmodo in an email. “Federal and state public lands surrounding the SpaceX facility in Boca Chica are used by hundreds of thousands of individual birds of many different species throughout the year.”

Migratory birds like yellow-billed cuckoos and golden-winged warblers pass through during the spring and fall to rest and refuel, while species including the reddish egret and Wilson’s plover breed in the area and nest in adjacent conservation areas, ABC added.

ABC, along with the Center for Biological Diversity and three local non-profit groups in Texas joined forces to sue the Federal Aviation Administration after Starship’s explosive launch last year, claiming that the FAA rushed its approval of SpaceX’s expanded launch operations in Boca Chica without a proper environmental review.

Earlier in 2022, an investigation from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Servicereported that populations of snowy and piping plovers—two shorebird species—dropped drastically near the SpaceX site. The FWS also pointed to possible negative environmental impacts on multiple sea turtle species, as well as other shorebirds, like red knots, should SpaceX expand its launch site.

SpaceX recently announced plans to build a restaurant and a shopping center near the company’s spaceport facility in South Texas. “[CEO Elon] Musk and his pet vanity project continue to pollute and destroy our beautiful beach, coastline, and wildlife,” Christopher Basaldú, from the South Texas Environmental Justice Network, said in a statement in November 2023. “SpaceX, an unnecessary, private money grab that only serves the wealthy, refuses to follow safety regulations, environmental regulations, and the wishes of local communities and the original people of the land.” 

The company’s Starship launched for its second test flight in November 2023 after the FAA cleared it following an environmental review that required SpaceX to make some adjustments to the launchpad to mitigate the rocket’s environmental impact.

TPWD is seeking public comment on the land exchange deal before and on January 25.

I would fully expect TeXas to present themselves for SpaceX willingly. They probably line up faster than fanbois would.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

"No, Teslas have spares ..." which would mean that most Teslas do have spares, but there is no comma there, thus

Yep, that’s what I meant.  There isn’t a Tesla on sale today that has a spare. More common even with legacies for sedans and some crossovers.  Unheard of for a vehicle allegedly designed to go off-road.  

A full-size spare is very high on my list of must haves when car shopping, I just don’t want to be at the mercy of roadside assistance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As cars in general have been getting larger over the past couple of decades, I assume the lack of a spare and jack are weight reduction efforts to maximize fuel economy measurements. At least with legacy platforms. Tesla might be for additional range, or just easier/lazier engineering. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As cars in general have been getting larger over the past couple of decades, I assume the lack of a spare and jack are weight reduction efforts to maximize fuel economy measurements. At least with legacy platforms. Tesla might be for additional range, or just easier/lazier engineering. 

i saw the electric silverado last weekend and goddamn that's a huge bitch

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Cars - or at least trucks - getting bigger has been an artifact of emissions regulations being tied to vehicle weight from the 1975 law (source). It is easier to make a car with crumple zones when you've got more room to work with, so there's been a bunch of systemic incentives to push the trend towards bigger and bigger. 

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

"I was so inspired by my trip to Aschwitz.  Especially the quote above the gate.  Work indeed does make you free!  X and Tesla and SpaceX can always use people who are EXTREMELY HARDCORE and understand that truth!"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/21/2024 at 10:20 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

A full-size spare is very high on my list of must haves when car shopping, I just don’t want to be at the mercy of roadside assistance. 

image.png.f49dabb890cde890ef71b43305e6fcd3.png

image.png.5cfac6cc2b8f646d9b0746b84adbea86.png

Seems like the exact truck a rich dude with major masculinity issues, who's never owned a truck, never had to live a day with the consequences of his bad decisions and who ingests ketamine and coke on the regular would dream up.

Edited by Chopper
edit
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Can he fit a menorah in his ass? Ben Shapiro would easily fit in his ass, so that doesn't count. I want to see some real dedication. 

Sorry.  Best I can do is Ben Shapiro's sister....seen in this photo reacting to a menorah being jabbed somewhere uncomfortable...

7e9d1b0ff2185b2f19a2c22efc8ccce0.png

• Like 3

Just now, wildcat09 said:

This piece of shit. Elon deserves to experience unimaginable agonies. 

Literally quoting George Santos....bold move, Elmo.

Pressed on the matter, Santos told the Post. “I never claimed to be Jewish… I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

On 1/21/2024 at 1:16 PM, Captain Ron said:

IMG_6411.webp.d97ff49e09c06723198dbbea8b172588.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Carrying his kid (whom he essentially kidnapped from his ex) around like they're at an amusement park sure has me convinced that he understands the horrors of the Holocaust. 

Getting Musk and Shapiro to tour Auschwitz together has to be some sort of Houthi psy-op to create some form of drug resistant super-anti-Semitism. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Getting Musk and Shapiro to tour Auschwitz together has to be some sort of Houthi psy-op to create some form of drug resistant super-anti-Semitism. 

Based on what I see on Twitter these days, it’s got to be confusing a lot of his fanbois who don’t think the Holocaust happened.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

In a manner akin to the presentation of the cybertruck, Musk's song and dance at Auschwitz was horrific and resoundingly mocked.

image.thumb.png.d06fb3b35f946562aa954af6cc8ea249.png

image.thumb.png.a9d4c26edcde39326ea15bd3e1211c96.png

Of course he'd have let the Nazis have official accounts for their propaganda.

image.thumb.png.b39bed43b446cb9dfd09e99b02e05bb1.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 7

I struggle with which rep to use for these last posts. It would be funny if it were Idiocracy-esque satire. We don't have a weep for humanity rep. So rage+1 it is. We're so fucked. Fuck Elon.

Edited by BearMace
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

what in the actual fuck

Elon Musk described himself as "aspirationally Jewish" in a recent interview where he discussed the fallout with the Anti-Defamation League over the spread of antisemitic content on X.

In an hour-and-a-half-long discussion hosted by conservative commentator Ben Shapiro, Musk said that his "entire life story is, in fact, pro-semitic," and pointed to his attendance of a Hebrew preschool and his multiple trips to Israel as reasons why he could not be antisemitic.

"I actually went to Hebrew preschool … I don't know if I'm genetically Jewish, maybe somewhere, but I'd say I'm aspirationally Jewish," he said.

"My father took me to Israel when I was 13. I went to the [Western] Wall, went to Masada – I've been to Masada twice, I don't know if there's many people who can say that."

He later added that he has "twice as many Jewish friends as non-Jewish friends" and that as a result, "in some respects, I think I am Jewish basically."

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2