Twisters

Hmbre97

Supposedly this is a sequel to the original film but none of the OG cast will be in it. I have a feeling someone will sneak a cameo in since there is a shot of Dorothy in the trailer. Looks cheesy but I'll still go watch it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Well from the original cast Paxton and PSH are long since dead. 

Helen Hunt doesn’t seem to do much these days nor does Jamie Gertz and they killed Cary Elwes character (him  being the bad guy was hard for me given he will always be Wesley)

Alan Ruck coming off Succession could drop in but I barely remember his character from the original. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well from the original cast Paxton and PSH are long since dead. 

Helen Hunt doesn’t seem to do much these days nor does Jamie Gertz and they killed Cary Elwes character (him  being the bad guy was hard for me given he will always be Wesley)

Alan Ruck coming off Succession could drop in but I barely remember his character from the original. 

I feel like Helen Hunt makes the most sense for a cameo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm guessing she'll the the mother of one of the new people.  She tried and tried, but wasn't able to stop them from chasing twisters.

"Chasing those things cost your father (Bill) his life"

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am in....

I am too. I'm not a big "popcorn movie" guy. Most of them just don't interest me at all (especially comic book movies). For some reason the original Twister was one that I watched several times growing up, so I'm excited about this.

My issue with sequels is that they try to shoehorn in too many ties to past movies to where it's distracting.

10 hours ago, mchookem said:

our Texas boy seems to have hit his stride of late, good for him! 🤘

By playing literally the same character in every role?

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

"Chasing those things cost your father (Bill) his life"

Too soon, Man.  Too soon.

We moved to California when the first one came out. The locals, many of whom had never seen lightning or thunder, were amazed. I had to explain that tornadoes that bad only happened about once a month, the less bad ones only a couple a week. These folks lived with constant earthquakes.

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

We moved to California when the first one came out. The locals, many of whom had never seen lightning or thunder, were amazed. I had to explain that tornadoes that bad only happened about once a month, the less bad ones only a couple a week. These folks lived with constant earthquakes.

I was working in Orlando for a bit and there was a night where your standard loud Florida storm came through in the middle of the night that didn't even warrant a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. The next day I was talking to a family from Northern Ireland, and they told me that they were huddled together in their hotel bathroom because they thought a tornado was coming. Poor pasty bastards.

• Like 1

I don't think you're going to see Helen Hunt at all. I would be very surprised. Maura Tierney will play a parent. 

I spent 3 weeks working on this movie. Really enjoyed the experience although they were some extremely long days. Glen Powell, Anthony Ramos and Katy O'Brien were very nice to cast and crew. 

What's interesting about the trailer still shot above (looking out at the tornado) is that it was shot inside the Prairie Surf Studios in downtown Oklahoma City. It was formally the Myriad Convention Center arena prior to building the Chesapeake Arena for the Thunder. They shoot movies in there now including the main set for Tulsa King Season 1. The movie theater scene (with people getting sucked out of the theater) was shot inside the main arena. Took a few weeks to shoot that. Pretty cool process. 

Cannot wait for July 19. 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

eb628783-2672-47c8-8f2f-c3afdeee92fd_tex

This is the sort of stuff that I'm talking about. I'll be shocked if there isn't a recreation of that scene. It was a memorable line from the original. Let it stand. Make up a new original line. Simply recreating famous scenes in sequels drives me nuts. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

This is the sort of stuff that I'm talking about. I'll be shocked if there isn't a recreation of that scene. It was a memorable line from the original. Let it stand. Make up a new original line. Simply recreating famous scenes in sequels drives me nuts. 

First time in Hollywood.....;)

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Twister may have been the first DVD I ever owned. For awhile there it was what we'd put in to brag about the stereo system. 

Twister, and then Gladiator a few years later.  Absolutely the movies we used to shake the walls in the house every time we upgraded our surround sound systems.

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Twister, and then Gladiator a few years later.  Absolutely the movies we used to shake the walls in the house every time we upgraded our surround sound systems.

T2, Jurassic Park, Crimson Tide. Had these all on laserdisc and then DVD. The early days of Dolby Digital blew my mind.