Josh Hader wins worst night of the year.

Patrick Bateman

First ASG.  Gets blown up (it's rumored they're hiding an injury) although did get let down by his defense.  Third of an inning.  4 hits, 3 Runs, 1 earned.  

But even worse, while he's getting blown up on national TV, old tweets of his come out which are..... yea, not going to be fun for him the rest of the season.

Apparently this guy complied them and re-posted some on twitter.

https://twitter.com/kjen1327

Couple of highlights:

His explanation:

Young, dumb, full of cum.... rabble, rabble.

Twitter having fun....

DiW_WOnU8AEKHjF.jpg

Social media.... smh.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

What I meant was, when you’re 17, you know this is a bad look. Dropping a hard R (using the n-word period, but especially with a hard R), and spouting I hate gay people, even in 2011. My 12 year old cousin knows that’s a bad look. A 17 year old top pitching prospect should definitely know. It’s as if he just didn’t care. 

Im not saying he’s racist, or that he feels this way, but it doesn’t take a 17 year old in the honors program to know that this is unbelievably stupid. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Exactly. 17 isn’t young enough to play innocent on something as unbelievably stupid as this. 

you must not know many 17 year olds.

also, fwiw, compare and contrast hader handling this vs cam newton handling a press conference simply after he'd lost. hader just had the best night of his professional life completely turned on him and he's handling it better than most would. 

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

you must not know many 17 year olds.

also, fwiw, compare and contrast hader handling this vs cam newton handling a press conference simply after he'd lost. hader just had the best night of his professional life completely turned on him and he's handling it better than most would. 

I guess I just remember being 17 and never being around people that used the N-word with the ER, because I was told that’s where you’d end up if you said that word lol. Maybe I am giving the vast majority of 17 year olds too much credit. I assumed any 17 year old with common sense would know it’s a really stupid thing to say.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

At 17 a lot of it is just for shock value I would think. However, there are a couple that he’s going to have a difficult time getting past. You also have to be incredibly stupid to have seen all the shit that has come up in the last couple of years and not think, “ I need to go delete my old tweets.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Seriously?  17 year-olds are idiots.  I know I was.  17-yo boys especially have moronic senses of humor.

Lmao. You are seriously justifying this racist piece of shit behavior because he is 17? Hmmm...

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

ok

are we sure that everyone that has ever said the N word is a racist piece of shit?  Not just referring to Hader, just in general.  Also, are white people ever allowed to quote rap lyrics?  Honestly I don't know how the younger generation feels about that.

My 8th grade racist ass loved to sing along with NWA and EazyE

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao. You are seriously justifying this racist piece of shit behavior because he is 17? Hmmm...

you're acting like a 17 year-old right now. you're only interested in having someone to crucify. the guy fucked up, but he clearly has grown a tremendous amount in the last six years with the way he's handled the fallout on what was supposed to be a magical night for him. 17 year olds are kids whose brains aren't fully developed and whose life experience leaves them lacking in perspective. most of those tweets were him quoting rap lyrics, and the other couple were (sadly) typical for an idiotic teenage kid. i don't believe he's "a racist piece of shit" at all; i believe he tweeted a bunch of stupid nonsense when he was a kid, and now he's paying the price for it.

lest we forget that when you were younger you got your rocks off by being an internet bully to fat, poor, mexican people, trolling and shaming them for your own pleasure, and sharing it all with thousands of people on shaggy for the sheer enjoyment of it. oh yeah and you did it with a super racist fake black guy sock account as well. i'd imagine that any prospective employer who knew that about you would think that you're a pretty big piece of shit for that type of malicious behavior towards total strangers who'd never done anything to you. how is what you did with the facebook shit not worse than hader inanely tweeting some stupid shit aimed at no one in particular? should we all demonize you from here on out for that? have you not grown or changed since then?

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

you're acting like a 17 year-old right now. you're only interested in having someone to crucify. the guy fucked up, but he clearly has grown a tremendous amount in the last six years with the way he's handled the fallout on what was supposed to be a magical night for him. 17 year olds are kids whose brains aren't fully developed and whose life experience leaves them lacking in perspective. most of those tweets were him quoting rap lyrics, and the other couple were (sadly) typical for an idiotic teenage kid. i don't believe he's "a racist piece of shit" at all; i believe he tweeted a bunch of stupid nonsense when he was a kid, and now he's paying the price for it.

lest we forget that when you were younger you got your rocks off by being an internet bully to fat, poor, mexican people, trolling and shaming them for your own pleasure, and sharing it all with thousands of people on shaggy for the sheer enjoyment of it. oh yeah and you did it with a super racist fake black guy sock account as well. i'd imagine that any prospective employer who knew that about you would think that you're a pretty big piece of shit for that type of malicious behavior towards total strangers who'd never done anything to you. how is what you did with the facebook shit not worse than hader inanely tweeting some stupid shit aimed at no one in particular? should we all demonize you from here on out for that? have you not grown or changed since then?

I am not crucifying him at all. I don't give a shit about this dude. People usually don't just grow out of racist undertones as they get older, though. That shit is deeper than just doing typical young male shit. But hey, if yall want to play the card that he was young and dumb and for shock value, go ahead. But at 17, he knows. I am all about giving people second chances and he doesn't deserve to be buried for this but the whole excuse of being young allows you to just spout of racist shit on social media? Nah, I don't buy that or endorse that. But to each their own. Nothing is going to really come of this and will be out of the news by next week as all this is. Hell Kanye West said slavery was a choice and everyone was up in arms for a few days and then it passed. That is the society we live in now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Goo Punch said:

"im not crucifying him at all."

yes you are.

By saying it is racist piece of shit behavior? Ummm no. I am merely pointing out his behavior of those tweets, not him as a person. His tweets are absolutely shitty behavior. Him as a person? Don't know the guy at all. I am not calling this guy a piece of shit. Big difference. I already said he does not deserve to be buried over this. I don't want him crucified. But lets not pass it off as being young and dumb. He was 17.

40 minutes ago, Brew said:

At 17 a lot of it is just for shock value I would think. However, there are a couple that he’s going to have a difficult time getting past. You also have to be incredibly stupid to have seen all the shit that has come up in the last couple of years and not think, “ I need to go delete my old tweets.”

All this.  

37 minutes ago, huge said:

ok

are we sure that everyone that has ever said the N word is a racist piece of shit?  Not just referring to Hader, just in general.  Also, are white people ever allowed to quote rap lyrics?  Honestly I don't know how the younger generation feels about that.

My 8th grade racist ass loved to sing along with NWA and EazyE

Posting a tweet that says “KKK” and another one that ends with “...n***er n***er says something about your character and upbringing at 17. Does it make you a racist piece of shit if that’s the beginning and end, probably not. You’re fucking stupid and guilty of making racist statements at a minimum though.

Edited by Brew
  • Like 2

love the USA Today story that is also critical of how he handled.  (bold by me)

“There’s no excuse for what was said,” Hader said early Wednesday morning. “I’m deeply sorry for what I’ve said, and it doesn’t reflect any of my beliefs going on now. I was young, immature and stupid, and there’s no excuses for what was said or what happened.”

Yet Hader proceeded to pose excuses, based on his age and the time that lapsed since. Twice in a four-minute news conference, he referenced “what happened seven years ago.”

Twice he referenced the fact he was 17. “As a child, I was immature and obviously said some things that were inexcusable. That doesn’t reflect on who I am as a person today, and that’s just what it is.

It is very common for people to say they have no excuse only to follow that up with many excuses.  No excuses has turned into "with all due respect"

17 is plenty old enough not to do that stuff. I remember being 17 and I specifically remember which of my peers might have said something like that. It's not because they were 17, it's because they were the racists and homophobes that you knew.

I happen to have a 17-year-old right now, too. That's not young enough to use age as an excuse for that kind of behavior.

• Like 2

all of you people excusing this shit because he was 17 must be complete and utter fuck ups in life.  if you think being 17 excuses you from this type of shit like they were 8 or something, then you are an idiot.  17 year olds that aren't complete pieces of shit know substantially better.

however, the thing that one must consider is that of the entire population of baseball players that i knew and know, 90% of them are highly functioning morons.  like, bottom of the barrel dipshits.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

17 is plenty old enough not to do that stuff. I remember being 17 and I specifically remember which of my peers might have said something like that. It's not because they were 17, it's because they were the racists and homophobes that you knew.

I happen to have a 17-year-old right now, too. That's not young enough to use age as an excuse for that kind of behavior.

yes it is. 17 might be old enough for some (see: most) to know better than that, but it's not beyond the age where age can no longer be an excuse. ask anyone who works with high school kids- there are plenty of 17 year-old boys, particularly athletes, who do and say completely idiotic and even seemingly hateful things when in reality there was no hate behind the statements; more ignorance and youth. and while it's entirely possible that there was hate behind his words when he said them, it's also possible that in six years time, having grown up and become a professional who works in an environment with different races and ethnicities, that he's since lost that hate and gained some perspective and understanding. 

i also think that 17 is an interesting age in the way it's perceived by people who haven't been 17 more than a decade now. if you picture or imagine a 16 year-old you probably picture a kid; but something about that age of 17 (perhaps because it's the age of consent in most states?) causes most of us to picture something more resembling an adult, when the fact is that there are plenty of 17 year-olds our there (and again particularly male athletes) who are still immature to a pretty ridiculous degree.

in short, 17 is both old enough to know better and young enough to not realize/understand the impact of your words.

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

all of you people excusing this shit because he was 17 must be complete and utter fuck ups in life.  if you think being 17 excuses you from this type of shit like they were 8 or something, then you are an idiot.  17 year olds that aren't complete pieces of shit know substantially better.

however, the thing that one must consider is that of the entire population of baseball players that i knew and know, 90% of them are highly functioning morons.  like, bottom of the barrel dipshits.

People are fucking idiots on social media.  Homophobes are garbage, but I'm sure there are plenty in baseball that keep their mouth shut.  The story isn't even that Hader hates/hated gay people, its that he thought it was a good idea to tweet it.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Honestly. This is 100% where I’m at. If you’re 17 years old saying this type of shit, it says a lot about your character. Too old to just say “he’s young, he didn’t know any better”. He fucking knew better, he just didn’t care. Does that make him a racist piece of shit at 24, no. But 17 is old enough to understand what the fuck you’re doing in THAT regard. 

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

yes it is. 17 might be old enough for some (see: most) to know better than that, but it's not beyond the age where age can no longer be an excuse. ask anyone who works with high school kids- there are plenty of 17 year-old boys, particularly athletes, who do and say completely idiotic and even seemingly hateful things when in reality there was no hate behind the statements; more ignorance and youth. and while it's entirely possible that there was hate behind his words when he said them, it's also possible that in six years time, having grown up and become a professional who works in an environment with different races and ethnicities, that he's since lost that hate and gained some perspective and understanding. 

i also think that 17 is an interesting age in the way it's perceived by people who haven't been 17 more than a decade now. if you picture or imagine a 16 year-old you probably picture a kid; but something about that age of 17 (perhaps because it's the age of consent in most states?) causes most of us to picture something more resembling an adult, when the fact is that there are plenty of 17 year-olds our there (and again particularly male athletes) who are still immature to a pretty ridiculous degree.

in short, 17 is both old enough to know better and young enough to not realize/understand the impact of your words.

No, I picture 17-year-olds. Again, I have one and I am around them a lot.

17 is too old to use youth as an excuse for that behavior. That behavior happens at 17 because you're an asshole. This isn't a 7-year-old just repeating what they heard.

I think I've made it pretty clear over the years here and on other boards that I think the "back in my day" logic that many older people use is stupid and wrong. I recognize that we were all young once, so I can understand a 17-year-old boy jumping from a moving vehicle or doing some other incredibly stupid thing to impress his friends or a girl. But a 17-year-old boy sending out racist shit is doing that because he thinks it's okay to do that. And there are many (actually most of them) 17-year-olds who understand that it's not okay. That means the ones who do it are racist, not young and dumb.

I recognize it's completely possible that Hader has changed into a better person. I hope that's the case. That doesn't mean he wasn't a racist piece of shit when he was 17. He needs to stop his apology right after the "that doesn't reflect who I am now and I'm sorry for what I said." Proceeding to try to excuse his own behavior because he was 17 was wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

No, I picture 17-year-olds. Again, I have one and I am around them a lot.

17 is too old to use youth as an excuse for that behavior. That behavior happens at 17 because you're an asshole. This isn't a 7-year-old just repeating what they heard.

I think I've made it pretty clear over the years here and on other boards that I think the "back in my day" logic that many older people use is stupid and wrong. I recognize that we were all young once, so I can understand a 17-year-old boy jumping from a moving vehicle or doing some other incredibly stupid thing to impress his friends or a girl. But a 17-year-old boy sending out racist shit is doing that because he thinks it's okay to do that. And there are many (actually most of them) 17-year-olds who understand that it's not okay. That means the ones who do it are racist, not young and dumb.

I recognize it's completely possible that Hader has changed into a better person. I hope that's the case. That doesn't mean he wasn't a racist piece of shit when he was 17. He needs to stop his apology right after the "that doesn't reflect who I am now and I'm sorry for what I said." Proceeding to try to excuse his own behavior because he was 17 was wrong.

you can believe that, and i can agree with you that 17 *should* be too old of an age to use youth as an excuse, but it's simply not, and that's a fact, especially in this day and age of social media. kids these days are not the same as we were as kids. kids today are conditioned to see someone getting bullied, harassed, brutally beaten, or even literally dying, and their response is to pull out their phone and proceed to gawking and recording and yelling out "worldstar!" they've grown up in a world where being offensive and abrasive, particularly online, is just a part of life and growing up. i'm saying this because i have first hand experience dealing with kids who are absolutely not hateful or racist but who have been disciplined for doing/saying hateful and/or racist things because they're just a privileged 17 year old dipshit, and not some hate monger. you can believe that only a true racist would ever use that word at that age, but you'd still be wrong.

Bomani Jones made a good point.

“It’s one thing to say you were young and stupid (even though I don’t agree with that take). It still doesn’t change the fact that you should have to explain what was going through your mind to say something like that at 17. Because it’s not like you’re 10. You know, if nothing else, what you’re saying is going to piss a lot of people off. What made you say that?”

Edited by youdunnf'dup

And then not delete them once they see other people being taken down because of old tweets. I think that part is actually really relevant. It was such a normal behavior for him that it didn't even click in his mind that he should go back and delete those when he heard about the other cases.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

And then not delete them once they see other people being taken down because of old tweets. I think that part is actually really relevant. It was such a normal behavior for him that it didn't even click in his mind that he should go back and delete those when he heard about the other cases.

Maybe it was no big deal to him to have posted it, so he had forgotten that he ever did.  And when his agent told him to scrub his social media accounts he ignored the request, thinking there was nothing damaging on them?

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

People are fucking idiots on social media.  Homophobes are garbage, but I'm sure there are plenty in baseball that keep their mouth shut.  The story isn't even that Hader hates/hated gay people, its that he thought it was a good idea to tweet it.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

40 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Bomani Jones made a good point.

“It’s one thing to say you were young and stupid (even though I don’t agree with that take). It still doesn’t change the fact that you should have to explain what was going through your mind to say something like that at 17. Because it’s not like you’re 10. You know, if nothing else, what you’re saying is going to piss a lot of people off. What made you say that?

Well, like what Brew said above, most likely shock value.  That's what drives a lot of 17-yo humor.

27 minutes ago, huge said:

Not just say it.  PUBLISH it!

That's what gets me.  

Yeah, me too.

I think it’s funny that black people have issues with the N word when they say it a billion times a day, I get on social media and twitter and see post after post of the word. If the word is an abomination to you then quit saying it and justifying it when you say it then act offended when some kid says it on Twitter. 

Im also amazed at how people still act blown away by something stupid someone says, we love to flame people, breaking news, crucify anyone for anything someone says. Pretty soon we are going to have a old home video of a 5 year old saying the N word and a guy getting in trouble by the social media army 20 years later. 

Edited by Rockethorn1978

14 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Pretty soon we are going to have a old home video of a 5 year old saying the N word and a guy getting in trouble by the social media army 20 years later. 

A friend told me I should run for local office here in the Atlanta area. I don't have any interest in that, but it's probably moot. My wife and I used to have a dog named Dixie. 

I said a lot of stupid shit around buddies when I was in HS, at least up to when I was 17. Thankfully, only a handful of people were around at the time. Thankfully, also, none of us had a way of broadcasting said stupidity to millions of people with the push of a few buttons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think it’s funny that black people have issues with the N word when they say it a billion times a day, I get on social media and twitter and see post after post of the word. If the word is an abomination to you then quit saying it and justifying it when you say it then act offended when some kid says it on Twitter. 

Im also amazed at how people still act blown away by something stupid someone says, we love to flame people, breaking news, crucify anyone for anything someone says. Pretty soon we are going to have a old home video of a 5 year old saying the N word and a guy getting in trouble by the social media army 20 years later. 

Lmao! Typical justification of racism from someone clueless. Thinking the 'Er' and "A' version is the exact same thing. Again, the justification and excuse making for racism is comical. Deflecting at its finest. Now its their fault for him being a racist. Got it. Did you also justify John Rocker's statements?

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ah, the old "you change first!" argument. Get the fuck out of here.

I agree a little bit with the second part however. Digging up old tweets to slay someone years later is a little lame, it shouldn't get an incredible amount of attention. That said, if you enter the public light and you don't go back and power scrub your social media history then you're an idiot and your agent should be fired. That's Agent 101 work, bro.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao! Typical justification of racism from someone clueless. Thinking the 'Er' and "A' version is the exact same thing. Again, the justification and excuse making for racism is comical. Deflecting at its finest.

LOL. ok Mr Hip Hop, i'm sure you can say it because you are allowed too huh.

And I GUARANTEE you have said the N word more than anyone on here.