DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I cannot fucking believe there are still people who are finding ways to defend Charlie Strong. Just to recap:

1. He hired Shawn Watson. And retained him. 

2. In 3 years his solution to addressing the QB position? Potato. 

3. He lost to Kansas. 

4. He, more than once tried to decline a penalty that would have helped his team. 

5. He admitted after the Notre Dame loss in 2015 that he did not really follow the offense during the offseason. 

6. We sucked shit through a straw on defense despite his focus on that side of the ball.

7. Special teams made Korky from Life Goes On look like the president of Mensa.

Anyone defending that fraud of a coach can go fuck themselves. 

Please tell me what you say last year that wasn’t basically any damn different with what you saw with Charlie. Again, Herman a guy that’s supposed to be an offensive coach was mediocre on that side of the ball and also brought in a questionable OC. The special teams was also mediocre outside of the damn punter who probably ended up being the most important player on offense.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 12

3 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

Please tell me what you say last year that wasn’t basically any damn different with what you saw with Charlie. Again, Herman a guy that’s supposed to be an offensive coach was mediocre on that side of the ball and also brought in a questionable OC. The special teams was also mediocre outside of the damn punter who probably ended up being the most important player on offense.

Jesus fuck, shut up. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That was a swift crowdsourcing. Nothing brings this community together like a Charlie Strong defender.

Be fair - it wasn't the defending so much as the constant denial that there either was good reason to dump the shiny-headed dumbass or that  MensaTom's first team absolutely passed the "better" test at basically every level. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Anyone who thinks Herman is a better coach than Strong is a racist. 

Yeah, Herman will get more rope than Charlie and it’s only because Charlie is black. I mean Mack left the cupboard bare. What the hell did Mack ever do for Texas?

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Be fair - it wasn't the defending so much as the constant denial that there either was good reason to dump the shiny-headed dumbass or that  MensaTom's first team absolutely passed the "better" test at basically every level. 

At every level. Demonstrably. 

And MaybeACoordinator, I wouldn’t even want him back here as a coordinator. So we agree that Red was wrong. 

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I cannot fucking believe there are still people who are finding ways to defend Charlie Strong. Just to recap:

3. He lost to Kansas. 

4. He, more than once tried to decline a penalty that would have helped his team. 

5. He admitted after the Notre Dame loss in 2015 that he did not really follow the offense during the offseason. 

6. We sucked shit through a straw on defense despite his focus on that side of the ball.

You make a compelling case, but the fact that you need to spell this out blows my mind. I’m convinced we have Russian bots that are Aggies that just like to stir shit up. 

Charlie apologists should be summarily dismissed and ridiculed. You should not feel compelled to post the above. 

Didn't Dylan Haines start ahead of Elliot in Charlie's last year here?    Elliot had two starts and Haines had ten, I believe.  Haines had more tackles and interceptions as well.  Elliot really got to showcase his skills under Strong.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

3. He lost to Kansas. 

What is the origin of “Potato”?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I don't think about money in these situations. Of course he did. You expected him to take a teacher's salary? I just see this narrative developing that all our woes are Charlie's fault and it's just patently untrue. 

There is no such narrative developing. Though if you keep going on and on about ancient history I might start one so cut it out.

1 hour ago, Trent Whaley said:

Coaches that were sitting on the couch eating potato chips just like yourself.

No,  two coaches who both played at the University of Texas and who continue to coach today. One is QB guru.

Please go away. 

Edited by TreatyOak

3 hours ago, Chad said:

The miss on GG set the program back into the stone age and it's still painful to think about. There hasn't been a steady, reliable QB on the roster since Colt McCoy and it just blows my mind. Strong's best shot at QB was Heard and we all saw how that panned out he became another John Chiles. Mack's recruitment of Quarterbacks was rather bizarre it's like he couldn't handle a QB controversy and didn't want to deal with it going through a repeat of the Simms/Applewhite days. Herman seems to be tackling the QB issue head on and there will be an overload of competition at the position in the future which makes me feel comfortable considering how bad the position has been fucked the last decade.

I will be so happy the day we start having qbs transfer out because we find "the guy". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I will be so happy the day we start having qbs transfer out because we find "the guy". 

Totally agree. I am a long-time supporter of Sam but if one of the new QB's proves that he deserves the job, then I back it 100%. 

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Totally agree. I am a long-time supporter of Sam but if one of the new QB's proves that he deserves the job, then I back it 100%. 

Yep. I love Sam. But if he’s ineffective and Cam or Casey come in and do well, then great. All I know is Shane ain’t the guy. He can be effective as a backup making good decisions. But I’ve seen him for 2 years and he will not win us any games. 

5 hours ago, Trent Whaley said:

How many extra points were blocked last year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yep. I love Sam. But if he’s ineffective and Cam or Casey come in and do well, then great. All I know is Shane ain’t the guy. He can be effective as a backup making good decisions. But I’ve seen him for 2 years and he will not win us any games. 

Except Notre Dame. The most beautiful shining false dawn there ever was.

Anwar Richardson made a pretty telling point on the OB podcast yesterday. At media day, Beck and Hager both were talking about when the team really started buying in. That was during Bowl practice. and who wasnt there during bowl practice? Elliot, Williams and Jefferson. I think that is telling. The "I love Charley " crew wasnt there anymore. the locker room cancers were gone.

These guys were Charlies guys, maybe Elliot in particular with the daughter thing. How vocal was he? how disruptive was he? well obviously pretty bad , if the staff asked players to distance themselves from him.

And the dude is so blind to the fact he would in no way be where he is today if Charley was still here. Elliot would still be on the bench. 

Elliot posting this shit on twitter shows just how delusional he is. He thinks hes his own creation. that he got himself to the NFL. smh

• Like 4

Heres a thought. Charles Omenihu has been linked to Elliot and the others as a Charley guy, who had a problem with Herman. He was rumored to be looking at leaving for the draft also. But had some sense and stayed. I think he might be our prime candidate for who carried tales back to Elliot. Makes sense. 

Hes interning at the Horn this summer and the show he interns for said they were gonna have him on today to answer football questions. I just sent a text into the show. wanting them to ask him if he was the one that told Elliot about what the coaches said. 

Ya know that shit aint getting asked. lol

30 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Anwar Richardson made a pretty telling point on the OB podcast yesterday. At media day, Beck and Hager both were talking about when the team really started buying in. That was during Bowl practice. and who wasnt there during bowl practice? Elliot, Williams and Jefferson. I think that is telling. The "I love Charley " crew wasnt there anymore. the locker room cancers were gone.

These guys were Charlies guys, maybe Elliot in particular with the daughter thing. How vocal was he? how disruptive was he? well obviously pretty bad , if the staff asked players to distance themselves from him.

And the dude is so blind to the fact he would in no way be where he is today if Charley was still here. Elliot would still be on the bench. 

Elliot posting this shit on twitter shows just how delusional he is. He thinks hes his own creation. that he got himself to the NFL. smh

Jefferson was there and even suited up for the bowl game (I think).

He did not play due to injuries.

It might have been all for show however but at least he was there.

5 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Heres a thought. Charles Omenihu has been linked to Elliot and the others as a Charley guy, who had a problem with Herman. He was rumored to be looking at leaving for the draft also. But had some sense and stayed. I think he might be our prime candidate for who carried tales back to Elliot. Makes sense. 

Hes interning at the Horn this summer and the show he interns for said they were gonna have him on today to answer football questions. I just sent a text into the show. wanting them to ask him if he was the one that told Elliot about what the coaches said. 

Ya know that shit aint getting asked. lol

Omenihu was the crybaby that threw a 2 year old-esque tantrum after losing to Kansas, correct?

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Stewart Mandel, Bruce Feldman, and David Ubben discuss what went down with this on The Audible podcast: 

19:10 - 24:30

https://audioboom.com/posts/6939728.mp3?modified=1532066655&source=rss&stitched=1

Feldman has been standup and nonpartisan about Herman.

Stew is a whiny bitch, that plus his dislike of us and love of ou makes me not care for him much. Ubben has no clue what is going on and should not comment since he is clearly uninformed. They could have talked about Nelson or Hager instead of an immature kid talking out of his ass on twitter.

It'll be interesting to follow our relationship with the media and how they perceive us with CDC here, they loved him at TCU and wasted no time to sing TCU's praises at every available moment.

Edited by Goodman

21 hours ago, Trent Whaley said:

nice try, snacks,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Feldman has been standup and nonpartisan about Herman.

Stew is a whiny bitch, that plus his dislike of us and love of ou makes me not care for him much. Ubben has no clue what is going on and should not comment since he is clearly uninformed. They could have talked about Nelson or Hager instead of an immature kid talking out of his ass on twitter.

It'll be interesting to follow our relationship with the media and how they perceive us with CDC here, they loved him at TCU and wasted no time to sing TCU's praises at every available moment.

I think you got it backwards Feldman was one of Bag of dicks boys and sucks off OU and mayfield any chance he gets. Honestly a lot of media folks seem to have turned on Texas and Herman in the last year, which is good maybe this program will learn to feed on the shit everyone seems to throw at it. Actually the surprising person who is high on Herman is Bill Connolly who is neither a fan of Texas or the big 12.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/19/2018 at 2:14 PM, stork642 said:

So the players went from a coach who coddled them and was their best friend to a coach who doesn't kiss their ass and demands accountability.  Wow, color me shocked that they were making negative comments on snapchat.  

Wasn't this precisely what was said about Strong?  No more bitch-assedness/developer Strong/the purge/etc etc?

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Didn’t it turn out the purge was actually the administration imposing new drug test policies that basically disqualified those guys, and not Strong laying down the law on his own accord?

So the Germans Russians would have you believe...

Malik was at bowl practice, even came out at the bowl game warmups in uniform. If reports are to be believed, he really wanted to play in the bowl game but whatever injury he had (turf toe?) wasn't healed enough.