DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:
Anwar Richardson made a pretty telling point on the OB podcast yesterday. At media day, Beck and Hager both were talking about when the team really started buying in. That was during Bowl practice. and who wasnt there during bowl practice? Elliot, Williams and Jefferson. I think that is telling. The "I love Charley " crew wasnt there anymore. the locker room cancers were gone.
These guys were Charlies guys, maybe Elliot in particular with the daughter thing. How vocal was he? how disruptive was he? well obviously pretty bad , if the staff asked players to distance themselves from him.
And the dude is so blind to the fact he would in no way be where he is today if Charley was still here. Elliot would still be on the bench. 
Elliot posting this shit on twitter shows just how delusional he is. He thinks hes his own creation. that he got himself to the NFL. smh

Malik was at bowl practice, even came out at the bowl game warmups in uniform. If reports are to be believed, he really wanted to play in the bowl game but whatever injury he had (turf toe?) wasn't healed enough.

Malik was never going to play in that bowl game. Toe Turf excuse was bullshit. He was just trying to save face. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Really strange. After hyping Charles Omenihu answering questions as the intern on The Horn friday. When the time came, no Charles. No mention of Charles. 

I wonder what could have made them not only no do the segment. But not to even mention why it wasnt being done. 

Reply # checks out. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

I just wish everyone would STOP BRINGING UP THE KANSAS GAME.

We had an 11 point lead with 7 minutes to go in the 4th and LOST. 
To a 2-10 team. KANSASSS.

Jayhawk fan here. I agree. That game kept an incompetent coach who ended up getting a raise for finally winning a conference game. His salary doubled as a result of that game. He thanks Charley Strong profusely for abandoning the running game in the OT period.It was one of the worst events that ever happened to KU. I gotta admit it was cool to say that the last time KU beat Texas in football Hitler was planning the invasion of Poland, but the cost has been too great. That game got your bad coach fired, but it gave new life to our bad coach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JayhawkRPh said:

Jayhawk fan here. I agree. That game kept an incompetent coach who ended up getting a raise for finally winning a conference game. His salary doubled as a result of that game. He thanks Charley Strong profusely for abandoning the running game in the OT period.It was one of the worst events that ever happened to KU. I gotta admit it was cool to say that the last time KU beat Texas in football Hitler was planning the invasion of Poland, but the cost has been too great. That game got your bad coach fired, but it gave new life to our bad coach.

Kansas is Hopeless...

On 7/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, NorLa Horns said:

Anwar Richardson made a pretty telling point on the OB podcast yesterday. At media day, Beck and Hager both were talking about when the team really started buying in. That was during Bowl practice. and who wasnt there during bowl practice? Elliot, Williams and Jefferson. I think that is telling. The "I love Charley " crew wasnt there anymore. the locker room cancers were gone.

These guys were Charlies guys, maybe Elliot in particular with the daughter thing. How vocal was he? how disruptive was he? well obviously pretty bad , if the staff asked players to distance themselves from him.

And the dude is so blind to the fact he would in no way be where he is today if Charley was still here. Elliot would still be on the bench. 

Elliot posting this shit on twitter shows just how delusional he is. He thinks hes his own creation. that he got himself to the NFL. smh

Anwar has zero inside information and very rarely has a telling point.  The idea of people being "xxxx's guys" is pretty overrated.  When Charlie purged "Mack's guys" and got "his guys" on the field, they sucked.  In fact, "Mack's guys" during Charlie's first year were the best players we fielded for Charlie's entire tenure.

Elliott wasn't very good when Charlie was coach.  Was it an issue of just needing time to develop?  Did he feel like he didn't need to work as hard since he was dating Charlie's daughter?  I have no idea, but his development from year 2 to year 3 (Herman's first year) was striking.

Also, I find it hard to believe Elliott and Malik were some sort of locker room cancers.  The defense improved throughout the season last year, which is the opposite direction I would expect if 2 of the clear leaders were cancers.  And Connor played in what, 3 games?  He's not influencing much.  And it's not like the team lacked effort.  The OL lacked ability and our QB made some pretty dumb decisions in "win or lose" situations.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Anwar has zero inside information and very rarely has a telling point.  The idea of people being "xxxx's guys" is pretty overrated.  When Charlie purged "Mack's guys" and got "his guys" on the field, they sucked.  In fact, "Mack's guys" during Charlie's first year were the best players we fielded for Charlie's entire tenure.

Elliott wasn't very good when Charlie was coach.  Was it an issue of just needing time to develop?  Did he feel like he didn't need to work as hard since he was dating Charlie's daughter?  I have no idea, but his development from year 2 to year 3 (Herman's first year) was striking.

Also, I find it hard to believe Elliott and Malik were some sort of locker room cancers.  The defense improved throughout the season last year, which is the opposite direction I would expect if 2 of the clear leaders were cancers.  And Connor played in what, 3 games?  He's not influencing much.  And it's not like the team lacked effort.  The OL lacked ability and our QB made some pretty dumb decisions in "win or lose" situations.

I think that the coaches knew that some weren't buying in but instead of trying to force the buy in, the assistants motivated them any way possible and one way is the 'fuck you, I'll show him' method. Problem with that is that you probably can't wait to leave and doesn't endear him to Herman who doesn't care anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Idk dude. Elliott seemed to play pretty well whenever he was in the game. Any fool can see he was from an athletic standpoint much better than Dylan “just got hurdled” Haines. 

These guys were were willing to boycott a bowl clinching game because of a mess that they helped make. Charlie had to convince these guys to go out there and get embarrassed yet again to another sucky team. That alone says all I need to know about their mental toughness. Charlie babified them, it’s obvious at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Tech game sucked. They rarly ran to Connors side. You figured theyd feed the ball to that side. But they didnt. I think Connor quit even before the bowl game. I think the bad actors ( elliot, jefferson ,williams, foreman, warren  and a few others) laid down in the tech game. 

I think that is what Herman told the NFL.  That those guys laid down in that game. I think thats why those guys are pissed. Charley coddled them and they didnt win. When Herman came in he got tough and the little millenial pussies "went on strike" cus their feels were hurt. 

So they bitched and belly ached. And couldnt believe that mean ol Herman would actually hold that against them when the NFL came asking questions. 

Hill slid cus of weed. The rest slid because of what Herman told the league. I for one dont blame Herman for any of it. I am frankly less of a fan of these guys than i was. Which is sad cus i really liked williams and jefferson before all this. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The kansas loss was the best thing to happen to us in all 3 of those seasons under charlie.

just think, no loss to KU, and maybe charlie is still our coach

(shudders)

Odd that losing to Kansas was the best thing for us and the worst thing for them. 

I think boycotting the bowl game possibly damaged several of the player's draft status, but I could be wrong. Anyways, Elliot needs to throw fewer parties in Austin and go focus on improving his NFL rep. 

Coincidentally, I taught Charlie's younger daughter last year. She is a good person and a good volleyball player, as well. 

18 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The kansas loss was the best thing to happen to us in all 3 of those seasons under charlie.

just think, no loss to KU, and maybe charlie is still our coach

(shudders)

We'd have gone no better than 5-7 last year with Charlie, and he would still no longer be our coach. We'd have just gotten a later start on moving on.

Last year wasn't great, but after wandering in the desert for almost a decade, there's a glimpse of what might be the promised land ahead of us. Let's hope it's not a mirage.

45 minutes ago, Deej said:

We'd have gone no better than 5-7 last year with Charlie, and he would still no longer be our coach. We'd have just gotten a later start on moving on.

Last year wasn't great, but after wandering in the desert for almost a decade, there's a glimpse of what might be the promised land ahead of us. Let's hope it's not a mirage.

Then we could have outbid aggy for dumbo and had us a coach with a natty

30 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Then we could have outbid aggy for dumbo and had us a coach with a natty

Why would we pay 75m for a national championship winning coach who crashed his blue blood in the ground? We already got one of those on the pay roll for 500k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Well, one thing you can say positive about keeping Charlie is that Elliot, Hill, and Malik all would be back for their senior year, desparately trying to prove they weren't busts and trying to get themselves to the point that someone would want to draft them.  Herman would be at LSU cleaning our clock on the recruiting trail. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Tech game sucked. They rarly ran to Connors side. You figured theyd feed the ball to that side. But they didnt. I think Connor quit even before the bowl game. I think the bad actors ( elliot, jefferson ,williams, foreman, warren  and a few others) laid down in the tech game. 

I think that is what Herman told the NFL.  That those guys laid down in that game. I think thats why those guys are pissed. Charley coddled them and they didnt win. When Herman came in he got tough and the little millenial pussies "went on strike" cus their feels were hurt. 

So they bitched and belly ached. And couldnt believe that mean ol Herman would actually hold that against them when the NFL came asking questions. 

Hill slid cus of weed. The rest slid because of what Herman told the league. I for one dont blame Herman for any of it. I am frankly less of a fan of these guys than i was. Which is sad cus i really liked williams and jefferson before all this. 

Malik was at the spring game on the sideline. Herman loves him and Malik loves Herman.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

One thing is for certain.  After Maryland, I will never ever again say "we are this" or "we are that" until it's proven and the clock reads 00:00.  Right now we are 0-12 in 2018.

The lighthouse at Alexandria could be on the horizon, but I am not buying any hype until I see turtles crushed by 5 scores, the wailing and lamentation of song girls, and blowU children crying in fair park.

• Like 1

Last I heard, we still didn't know what exactly DeShon is ranting about, 'zat right?

Sounded like it might have been something Herman told NFL guy(s), but the timing is fucked up for that. Someone speculated it was something more recent, perhaps telling some current players they oughtn't to hang with DeShon, with more or less descriptive info about why not... and possibly having to do with an Independence Day party.

Are there other good theories, or has all been revealed already?

28 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Last I heard, we still didn't know what exactly DeShon is ranting about, 'zat right?

Sounded like it might have been something Herman told NFL guy(s), but the timing is fucked up for that. Someone speculated it was something more recent, perhaps telling some current players they oughtn't to hang with DeShon, with more or less descriptive info about why not... and possibly having to do with an Independence Day party.

Are there other good theories, or has all been revealed already?

I suspect, as many others ITT, that a current player told deshon about Toms motivation speech before the bowl game. And Deshon told his Charlie boys about it. They got butthurt too. Good riddance. 

I was told that all Tom said was if they’re going to be hanging out with him at that party with a bunch of grown men to stay away from anything bad going on with drugs alcohol or whatever,  and that really he would just prefer if they didn’t go at all 

Edited by GotThatFire

On 7/21/2018 at 4:12 PM, JayhawkRPh said:

Strangely, this makes me feel better. Schadenfreude. Thanks for posting.

I suspect, as many others ITT, that a current player told deshon about Toms motivation speech before the bowl game. And Deshon told his Charlie boys about it. They got butthurt too. Good riddance. 
If that's the case then Malik would have heard it first hand 7 months ago. He didnt play in the bowl, but he was present at bowl practice, (not really practicing but there) and all bowl prep and activities bowl week..

4 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

As lifelong Longhorn, I hope I never see his sorry ass at a UT game.

Im back to the coke binge. Elliott had to realize this wasnt gonna sit well with the fan base. He just made himself persona non grata at all events for a good long while. 

Unless he actually thought people would take his side on this.