Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

So, Urquidy and Javier with TJ surgery incoming?

JV/Framber/Blanco/arrighetti/Brown.  Garcia needs to get his ass back on the bump pretty soon and he needs to be pretty good. LMJ too would be nice- but I’m trying to deal in the realm of reality.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Loperfido probably getting sent down for Abreu's return, which is idiotic. But Espada isn't playing him anyway, which is also idiotic, so he might as well get regular ABs with Sugarland. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Loperfido probably getting sent down for Abreu's return, which is idiotic. But Espada isn't playing him anyway, which is also idiotic, so he might as well get regular ABs with Sugarland. 

There probably isn't another team in all of MLB that would bring Abreu back. Just goes to show that this organization should not be taken seriously right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

what mlb team is going to throw away $40mil ?

crane / bagwell are keeping him on the roster, he plays until they say otherwise 

You're already throwing away $40 mil. This is throwing good at bats after bad money.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

what mlb team is going to throw away $40mil ?

crane / bagwell are keeping him on the roster, he plays until they say otherwise 

Spending the money=/= bullshit idiocy with the lineup.

It's 2 different issues.  Bigtime.

• Hook 'Em 2

Why the rush to bring Abreu back? 

The team has been playing better since he left. At least make him get one god damn hit in AAA before bringing him back.

This team is run by morons who think getting some soft-toss from Bagwell can turn back Father Time.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

The team has been playing better since he left. At least make him get one god damn hit in AAA before bringing him back.

This team is run by morons who think getting some soft-toss from Bagwell can turn back Father Time.

I’m going to presume it wasn’t dictated by the team and was previously negotiated with the player.  I guess they could have threatened assignment.  For all we know they did, or maybe they didn’t have to, and this was the result anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I’m going to presume it wasn’t dictated by the team and was previously negotiated with the player.  I guess they could have threatened assignment.  For all we know they did, or maybe they didn’t have to, and this was the result anyway.

Yeah I’m hoping it was something like okay go down for a few weeks, we bring you back up to save face, but then if you don’t do x you’re done 

Bringing Abreu back is fucking stupid and anyone that disagrees is a dumbass.

The money is already wasted. He's garbage and not going to help this team. Him being on the roster is actually worse than him not on the roster. Bagwell/crane fucked up and look even dumber going this route than just releasing him a month ago and eating the money.

My best hope now is he gets put on the fucking IL

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Thats the problem....what constitutes "getting his shit together"?

2 hits a week? Batting .175? Hitting a ball to LF because I dont think he has pulled a ball in 10 months cause he can't catch up to a pitch?

He is incapable of doing much more than that so it just goes back to him "getting his shit together" is still hurting the team and worse than other options at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Astros optioned IF/OF Joey Loperfido to Triple A Sugar Land following yesterday’s game. To take his place on the active roster, Houston recalled IF José Abreu from Triple A Sugar Land.

The Astros also placed RHP Cristian Javier on the 15-day IL due to right forearm discomfort (retro May 24). To take Javier’s place on the active roster, Houston recalled RHP Alex Speas (#64) from Triple A Sugar Land.

47 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Remember when criticized Dusty’s lineups daily? That is worse than anything Dusty ever penciled in. 

I don't think Joe has any say in this matter, I think it's coming from the owner. 

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Sad thing is Bagwell is making people who loved him fucking despise him now.

Not me.  Crane didn't have to listen to his dumb ass

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Why dafuq are we playing the only night game on Memorial Day?! And at 840pm CST no less. 

Not playing a day game on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day is unAmerican

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You say that but in same sentence you called (and now know) bagwell is a dumbass

But I knew that before this from his broadcasting

And I didn't love him for being smart to begin with

Edited by WBT

1 hour ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

IMG_8025.thumb.png.852a9bd1d301d5d78a380c6ef9130bb7.png

Back in the lineup. Singleton and Abreu together. Flags fly forever.

As I sit here watching Josh Bell hit a double and then make a good play at first base, I'm far from gruntled. 

12 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

I'm going to flip out if that cocksucker doesn't get at least 1 hit. 

And if he has his shirt open and unbuttoned Im going to kill every….. I’ll leave it at that. 

He better get a hit. 

Singleton is going to struggle at DH. There is no doubt. He’s used to being on the field now. 

• Rage+1 1