If Dazed and Confused

lateshow

No, it would take place in the 80s or 90s depending upon which decade the writer/director grew up in and romanticizes. 

ABC did a new version of The Wonder Years with an African American family. It was still set in the 60s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, it would take place in the 80s or 90s depending upon which decade the writer/director grew up in and romanticizes. 

ABC did a new version of The Wonder Years with an African American family. It was still set in the 60s. 

You're overthinking it, pal. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lateshow said:

Were to be made today, it would be set in 2007.

So, yeah,....Enjoy your day...

hqdefault.thumb.jpg.cecaa02bf4ffb6fcdcc6

The final scene would be pretty awesome with the gang driving in the Chrysler Concorde, listening to Hoobastank on their way to purchase Alicia Keys tickets.

You're off by almost a decade.

Pontiac Grand Am

Nirvana

Alice in Chains

Not so bad.

Edited by Parliament
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, smuggs said:

The final scene would be pretty awesome with the gang driving in the Chrysler Concorde, listening to Hoobastank on their way to purchase Alicia Keys tickets.

I like to think they'd be listening to Queens of the Stone Age on their way to purchase Rage Against the Machine reunion tour tickets.

Cause that's what I was doing as a slightly older (22) person in 2007.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It just depends on who’s making it. Linklater was 33 when Dazed came out. He set it the year the graduated, 1976. George Lucas set American Graffiti the year he graduated high school too (1962), and it came out when he was 29 (1973). 

So yeah, if a filmmaker in his early 30s was making their version, it would be set in the mid to late aughts and all the characters would be tweeting and bumping Black Eyed Peas songs. 

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If Glory were made today, it would be set in 1898?

If The Longest Day were made today, it would be set in 2008.

Boy, the French would be really confused as to why we were invading.

They would surrender by noon, though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

It just depends on who’s making it. Linklater was 33 when Dazed came out. He set it the year the graduated, 1976. George Lucas set American Graffiti the year he graduated high school too (1962), and it came out when he was 29 (1973). 

So yeah, if a filmmaker in his early 30s was making their version, it would be set in the mid to late aughts and all the characters would be tweeting and bumping Black Eyed Peas songs. 

It's just supposed to be a funny math deal. i.e. Back to the Future would be set in 1994, etc.

2007 Dazed & Confused:

Wooderson, "That's what I love about these high school girls, man.  I get older...they stay the same age."

Chris Hansen, "Would you have a seat right there please."   

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

A new version of The Wonder Years would take place in 2004. 

A lot happened that year.  Roy Oswalt won 20 games, Pimp My Ride hit the air, and I graduated from Hillcrest elementary.

Except for the fact that many galaxies are actually moving towards one another.  

You could have the underage drinking, smoking weed, defying authority, the sexual evolution of young people, even the lunatic shootout at the corner store.  But you couldn't show the pregnant woman with a cigarette.  

1 hour ago, WBT said:

A lot happened that year.  Roy Oswalt won 20 games, Pimp My Ride hit the air, and I graduated from Hillcrest elementary.

8f248c1a-b041-498b-90a1-1d9f6dce9954_tex

1 hour ago, futureman said:

as the universe is ever expanding this is a true statement.

thatsthejoke.jpg

9 hours ago, futureman said:

well we know you certainly didn’t.  good job posting a facebook meme, though. 

God damn man. It was just a funny thought about how if a young director was to make a new movie that was nostalgic about his high school years that it would take place in 2007. Which seems like yesterday. Whereas when I first saw Dazed in 1994, 1979 seemed like a distant past. I didn’t think that needed to be explained.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lateshow said:

God damn man. It was just a funny thought about how if a young director was to make a new movie that was nostalgic about his high school years that it would take place in 2007. Which seems like yesterday. Whereas when I first saw Dazed in 1994, 1979 seemed like a distant past. I didn’t think that needed to be explained.  

yeah I saw it on facebook too.  I understood the premise. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah I saw it on facebook too.  I understood the premise. 

Honestly, I didn’t see it on Facebook. But if it makes you feel better, I’ll keep it serious on the Movies and TV forum. 

"Check out what Melba Toast is packing here, man."

-Uh, this looks like a 2007 Toyota Supra with a ground effects kit.  

"Yeah man, we're talking serious muscle.  Let's cruise it through curbside service at Top Notch."

-What the fuck is a Top Notch?  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WBT said:

Jesus, I have socks older than you.  

Why did I think you were old?

The seniors were class of 77.