Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This is normal.

i've searched for AOC so stories about her show up in my google feed (along with the astros, rockets, airplanes, racing, mazda, space, cameras, android phones, and cast iron skillets). damn near all of the stories are from fox.  i don't think a single one has been from a 'mainstream' or left site.  

edit: oh good now i'm getting candace owens too

Edited by elfenix

Keep drawing the rope out to hang yourself Ilhan. I’m loving it! Not surprising that her true anti-American views are just ooze out of her. The Somali community in Minnesota is a hotbed for radicalism.

Holy shit dude, did you watch it? She's saying her professor reacted with tension whenever he said the names of terrorist organizations, but didn't do so when saying things like America, England or Army. She's doing the opposite of equating them as terms and discussing the contrast in reactions people have to them.

Then the clip abruptly ends for some reason...

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes, because there are literally thousands of ISIS operatives flooding the US through our southern border every day.  

How can you say there aren't when you have no idea who comes across?  You do realize the complexity and security surrounding flying directly into the US from another country, no?  We accept those documentation requirements and security protocols because we understand we don't want just anybody flying into the US.   Yet, walking across, with whomever and whatever you want, is completely ok? 

This isn't the immigration thread so I'll make this quick, but this is what puzzles so many center leaning conservatives.  This isn't about not allowing central Americans into the US, it's about not letting in the dangerous ones. For all I care, double the amount that currently come in as long as they pass a vetting process and thorough background check, and going forward, pay taxes. It's not rocket science.  Instead Dem's consider this idea racist and insist on open borders, because its the opposite of what orange-man wants.  <end rant>

In summary, AOC is still an idiot, for (among many other things she has said) spouting out against Crenshaw.

And yea - if as a soldier he took orders to go overseas and fight sponsors of terror that killed 3K people in the US - he combated terrorism, regardless of what you feel we were fighting for and accomplished or did not accomplish during said war.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Holy shit dude, did you watch it? She's saying her professor reacted with tension whenever he said the names of terrorist organizations, but didn't do so when saying things like America, England or Army. She's doing the opposite of equating them as terms and discussing the contrast in reactions people have to them.

Then the clip abruptly ends for some reason...

Right bro and one can deduce that either (a) Americans shouldn’t have anger, revulsion and tension when mentioning the names of the terrorist groups that have killed thousands of us or (b) that the beacons of the free world, the UK, US and/or our army deserve similar display of disgust that are reserved when one mentions Al Qaeda and other branches of Islamic terror. What other conclusion can be raised? Her flippant, mockery of the seriousness those of us have in dealing with our number 1 enemy and her smirks piss me off.  

Finally, ILHAN OMAR DOES NOT DESERVE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. Her loyalty is to fellow Muslims and has exhibited hostility to the Judeo-Christian, Western foundation this country is based upon. I hope people like her get the message of what will happen to them if they decide to run for Congress with those views. She is the most dangerous member of Congress and needs to be delegitimized and scrutinized. Thankfully, we have recordings of her that will do the job. The right’s coordinated effort to bring her down is something I’m proud of.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

How can you say there aren't when you have no idea who comes across?  You do realize the complexity and security surrounding flying directly into the US from another country, no?  We accept those documentation requirements and security protocols because we understand we don't want just anybody flying into the US.   Yet, walking across, with whomever and whatever you want, is completely ok? 

Well, no.  It's not "completely OK".  Nobody said it was.

This isn't the immigration thread so I'll make this quick, but this is what puzzles so many center leaning conservatives.  This isn't about not allowing central Americans into the US, it's about not letting in the dangerous ones.

Uh, no.  It is ABSOLUTELY about "not letting central Americans in the US".  Do you watch the news?  It's a fundamentally racist policy pushed hard by POTUS.

For all I care, double the amount that currently come in as long as they pass a vetting process and thorough background check, and going forward, pay taxes. It's not rocket science.  Instead Dem's consider this idea racist and insist on open borders, because its the opposite of what orange-man wants.  <end rant>x

Nope.  Dems do not insist on open borders.  You're lying.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Right bro and one can deduce that either (a) Americans shouldn’t have anger, revulsion and tension when mentioning the names of the terrorist groups that have killed thousands of us or (b) that the beacons of the free world, the UK, US and/or our army deserve similar display of disgust that are reserved when one mentions Al Qaeda and other branches of Islamic terror. What other conclusion can be raised? Her flippant, mockery of the seriousness those of us have in dealing with our number 1 enemy and her smirks piss me off.  

Finally, ILHAN OMAR DOES NOT DESERVE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. Her loyalty is to fellow Muslims and has exhibited hostility to the Judeo-Christian, Western foundation this country is based upon. I hope people like her get the message of what will happen to them if they decide to run for Congress with those views. She is the most dangerous member of Congress and needs to be delegitimized and scrutinized. Thankfully, we have recordings of her that will do the job. The right’s coordinated effort to bring her down is something I’m proud of.

A lot of people say this about Jews, and it's rightly called out for being anti-Semitic. You seem to think it's OK to do the same thing to Muslims. That makes you a bigot.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

How can you say there aren't when you have no idea who comes across?

No kidding.  I think the key is that none of us are focusing on the cloned, flesh eating Nazis, who have a double special melanin gene to make them look like Mexicans (think Waffen-SS guys who are built like Eduardo Najera) who were allowed to develop in 2000 (Operation bad hombre Schleichangriff 2000) and are now crossing the border, as they say, blitzkrieg style.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

And yea - if as a soldier he took orders to go overseas and fight sponsors of terror that killed 3K people in the US - he combated terrorism, regardless of what you feel we were fighting for and accomplished or did not accomplish during said war.

Ok so he didn't actually fight terrorism but it feels like he did, gotcha.

AMERICA TROOP FLAG EAGLE

57 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The problem isn't Dan Crenshaw. The problem is whatever Taliban guy made the IED that malfunctioned and only blew off his eye. Fuck that guy.

And Crenshaw is my Congressman so I can say that. 

What the fuck us wrong with you man? You used to be my favorite poster.

48 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ok so he didn't actually fight terrorism but it feels like he did, gotcha.

AMERICA TROOP FLAG EAGLE

I think you misunderstood my comment.  What i meant was, to the reasonable person, he was combating terrorism, despite the opinion of unreasonable individuals like yourself with regards to reason or effectiveness.   Yes - i agree, in your misguided opinion, he did not fight terrorism. 

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

This isn't about not allowing central Americans into the US, it's about not letting in the dangerous ones.

complete fantasy

More than 310,000 people from 10 countries were on the list when Trump came into office. But Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has been cutting down the program country by country, arguing it has long outlived its mandate and ruling the countries have recovered enough to welcome back their citizens.

Nielsen has now cut TPS for El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti, Nepal, Nicaragua and Sudan, which represents 98% of the people covered by the program. That means TPS enrollees from those countries, many of whom have legally lived in the U.S. for nearly 30 years, must return home in the coming months or risk becoming undocumented immigrants.

clearly those people are security threats

Trump also lowered the annual cap on refugee admissions to 45,000 — the lowest figure since Congress passed the Refugee Act of 1980. And it seems unlikely that the administration will even reach that number.

if it were about security there'd be no need to lower the cap. 

Every time the White House has tried to negotiate with Congress over an immigration bill, it has requested one change: the end of so-called "chain migration."

also has nothing to do with security

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Sprit_of_76.jpg

imgur>

4580094-3x2-940x627.jpg

_48809131_ap060613064025.jpg

Sure, let's never question the Army. That's the best way to keep them accountable and to curb the actions of the worst of the soldiers.

Same with the police. 

Conservatives hate government power but they revere government power.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The problem isn't Dan Crenshaw. The problem is whatever Taliban guy made the IED that malfunctioned and only blew off his eye. Fuck that guy.

You seem like a fucking useless idiot who thinks is funny. God damn, I wonder if your family don't invite you to get togethers cause you're so insufferable.

You can eat a dick, you fuck. 

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Oh sure you can say it, but it makes you look like a friggin' fucking, idiot, and a poor excuse for a human being.  Not sure I'm breaking any new ground here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh sure you can say it, but it makes you look like a friggin' fucking, idiot, and a poor excuse for a human being.  Not sure I'm breaking any new ground here.

Look at you gettin' all uppity and lecturin' people . . .

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

You seem like a fucking useless idiot who thinks is funny. God damn, I wonder if your family don't invite you to get togethers cause you're so insufferable.

You can eat a dick, you fuck. 

Wow. My whole family died in 9/11. Can't believe you would say something like that. Really fucking sick. I hope you get help. I'm praying for you. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

50 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

AOC rules, of course

What a fucking joke. What’s happening to Mullah Omar is just like the Holocaust. Ok. Love the pressure being but on her by the NYP and Trump. That’s my favorite Trump tweet of all time. From the articles we are still able to comment on at the WSJ, I can tell you that Trump going after Omar and threatening to send illegals to sanctuary cities has been met with tremendous joy and acclaim by the base. It has energized us tremendously 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

48 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What a fucking joke. What’s happening to Mullah Omar is just like the Holocaust. Ok. Love the pressure being but on her by the NYP and Trump. That’s my favorite Trump tweet of all time. From the articles we are still able to comment on at the WSJ, I can tell you that Trump going after Omar and threatening to send illegals to sanctuary cities has been met with tremendous joy and acclaim by the base. It has energized us tremendously 

Oh god no, don’t send illegal immigrants to Houston, New York, and Los Angeles. How would any of those cities ever be able to deal with them?

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Maybe your dream of harming illegals can finally come true if your asshole leader sends them to your precious Houston.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Stupid people think stupid things. News at 6.

• Like 1

Rep. Omar has not consistently advocated a general policy of lighter sentences for would-be ISIS recruits, and she has consistently criticized and opposed Muslim extremism and radicalization. However, it is true that she did once ask a judge to pursue “a restorative approach to justice” rather than a “long-term prison sentence” in the case of one individual convicted of planning to take up arms with the terrorist organization.

Although her letter to the judge came in the context of one specific case, some of what she wrote appeared to indicate broader support for a general response to radicalization and terrorism which emphasized rehabilitation and leniency over long prison sentences, lending a degree of accuracy to the claim made by @Education4Libs.

In June 2016, a U.S. District Court jury in Minnesota convicted nine Somali-American men of multiple charges relating to their efforts to join and provide support to the Islamic State terrorist organization (ISIS), starting in 2014.

One of them, Abdurahman Yasin Daud, was found guilty on three counts: conspiracy to murder outside the United States, conspiracy to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, and attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization.

Federal prosecutors presented evidence that Daud had been an active and enthusiastic participant in a conspiracy to travel to Syria and join ISIS in combat, watching and encouraging others to watch ISIS propaganda videos, as well as plotting and attempting to obtain fake travel documents and journey to the Middle East. Some of the Minnesota men involved in the conspiracy did ultimately join ISIS in Syria and were believed to have subsequently been killed in combat there.

But long before Defendant’s arrest, Defendant hid in the shadows of the conspiracy – encouraging others to become fighters for ISIL and biding his time until he himself could leave to fight jihad1 in Syria. From the very beginning, Defendant was intimately involved with the group planning to fight for ISIL — participating in weekly meetings to discuss the situation in Syria, and ultimately, deciding that ISIL was his, and his co-defendant’s, chosen terrorist group.

(insert letter supporting leniency by Omar linked below)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ilhan-omar-isis/

https://www.snopes.com/uploads/2019/01/Yasin-Daud-Ilhan-Omar-letter.pdf

Why not be lenient to recruiters to and joiners of ISIS?(ISIL)

Probably-not-a-good-idea.jpg

The Democratic Party is unbelievably pathetic.

The Republicans are the easiest opponent you could design. They are lying idiots from the Congress to the voter. And ... this is what you choose as leadership. Ghouls like this asshole and Nancy Pelosi.

Jesus Christ

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wow. My whole family died in 9/11. Can't believe you would say something like that. Really fucking sick. I hope you get help. I'm praying for you. 

I died in 9/11. Please pray for me, too.

But mostly, use my memory for cheap emotional appeals to the real Americans, the patriots who support Donald Trump and not everybody else, the treasoners who never want to see America become great like it used to be. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a joke writing itself. I imagine Hank Scorpio's mouth agape, hands poised over the keyboard, with nothing to write. 

• Like 1

I read Omar's comments in the voice of Elliott Gould in Ocean's 11, "And look, I owe you for that thing that happened at the place...with the guy."  

The way Trump is treating Representatives like Omar, Cortez, and (former) O'Rourke is garbage.  However, House leadership has to appreciate the interference...because nobody is left to wonder why Hoyer, Jefferies, et. al. are left to do business/fundraising/lobbying as usual.  But for the occasional, and much needed, soundbite battle with Trump, under House leadership---the usual middle finger to the middle class is continuing very nicely.  I mean, I'll give Maxine Waters credit for taking on the Student Loan debacle a mere 10 years too late to the party.  

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The Democratic Party is unbelievably pathetic.

The Republicans are the easiest opponent you could design. They are lying idiots from the Congress to the voter. And ... this is what you choose as leadership. Ghouls like this asshole and Nancy Pelosi.

Jesus Christ

Actually, for the Dems, this is pretty good. His opening reply is correct about the issue being created as a distraction. Nice job.

On his second opportunity, he should have had something in mind to say in defense of Omar and on the offensive against Trump for vamping on the emotions of 9/11 with pointed reference to Trump's pride in now owning the tallest building in New York City.  He shows the typical Dem fear of offending any voter. It is pathetic.

As a long time Dem voter, I'll take them doing something half-right and being right. AOC is a double-edged sword for the Dems. She's a rational voice on many issues where she addresses the elephant in the room. On those issues, she also creates the problems for Dem leadership of "where have you been? Why'd you have to wait for AOC to come along?"

The president's words in the past and likely now tend to lead towards murder. Now he's focusing on individuals and using the word treason very loosely. As you say, he makes himself an easy target for rhetoric, but the leading Dems are generally timid.

Pelosi seems to have seen the light, and I'm happy about it. I guess I've become a low expectation motherfucker, but some Dems are at least doing something.

The absolute corruption of the GOP, sadly, does not cause an immediate and opposite development in the Democratic Party.  My opinion for years has been that the GOP is basically wicked and the Dems are weak. Still true.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually, for the Dems, this is pretty good. His opening reply is correct about the issue being created as a distraction. Nice job.

That's not correct at all. They are not pretending to be racists to distract us from other things, they're being racists because they're racists in a world full of terrorism and murder by racists.

This is literally the logic used by centrists (literally in the center of the room) to shout down the Communists (left) as Hitler (right) rose to power. "Oh you're being ridiculous, he's just using that rhetoric to rile up the base so he can get power, it's not serious!"

When people of color and other vulnerable communities are under attack by racists you don't fucking triangulate and talk around the issue. You fight. That's it.

*Ilhan Omar's murdered corpse lies on a Minnesota street*

Dems: "This is just a distraction from the real issue... RUSSIA!"

The focus on the issue is the distraction. Neither I nor the DNC guy address how genuine Trumpist feelings are, but, since using this issues energizes Trump's base, we can assume they are as you describe.

I think it's clear from my post that I don't generally admire the way Dems conduct themselves.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:50 AM, immortal13 said:

AOC

You are both wrong IMO. AOC is a dipshit but attractive.  Sure a little bug eyed. Omar I wouldn’t do her with your dick.  Just my opinion.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez