Blastfurnace 2024

1 hour ago, immamac said:

My problem with the heat lately has been the nights staying hot. Heat during the day has always been a thing and yeah it's hotter but it's not so much hotter than it's ruinous to an otherwise already hot as fuck summer. 

What's with all this humidity in Austin though? That seems a bit strange that the dew point is significantly higher than even 3-5 years ago. 

It’s piss.

This is the norm. We'll be breaking records until we all die.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mexico-heat-wave-1.7214308

"In the next 10 to 15 days, the country will experience the highest temperatures ever recorded," researchers from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) said in a statement earlier this week. They called the heat wave "unprecedented."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Drove into Austin today to visit the Natural Gardner and get lunch. Yeah, it was hot, but what got me was the air quality. From the 290/I35 overpass you could barely see the downtown skyline.

its steam 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MontereyMX said:

just playing

Careful, some dumb ass might think that. They will blame the river and want it drained and turned into apartments.

But then where would bodies be hidden by our resident mass murderer.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Haha 2

Nah, it is concrete dust and auto exhaust. Once you got out of that area you could make out the outlines of clouds.

Actually, it’s smoke from the seasonal ag burning in Mexico and Central America. It was pretty bad yesterday.
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, it’s smoke from the seasonal ag burning in Mexico and Central America. It was pretty bad yesterday.

It’s smoke from mexico, humidity and pollen.

https://www.kvue.com/article/weather/austin-texas-hazy-sky/269-d5b0603b-82a3-4270-bcbf-a9eefd07d4fe#:~:text=So%2C the next time you,is most likely the culprit.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Meh, that is all BS and we know it. It is all the vapers on Rainey Street.

I understand the burning in Central America. Airport in Honduras would get closed during the seasons due to this. But it sure as hell made me not want to run or bike.

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Meh, that is all BS and we know it. It is all the vapers on Rainey Street.

I understand the burning in Central America. Airport in Honduras would get closed during the seasons due to this. But it sure as hell made me not want to run or bike.

Oh I’m not happy about it. We were out this morning and will go outside tonight but today it’s a nap and horns softball. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

Oh I’m not happy about it. We were out this morning and will go outside tonight but today it’s a nap and horns softball. 

Yep, just came in from resetting a garden. Drinking tea and relaxing in 82 degree house.

On 5/23/2024 at 9:10 PM, miguelito said:

If my calculations are correct, by 2040 we'll have over 400 days per year over 100 degrees.

Sorry, that was a typo. It should have said 110 degrees, not 100.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, just came in from resetting a garden. Drinking tea and relaxing in 82 degree house.

Hopefully you’re watching the softball team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, crash_davis said:

This is the norm. We'll be breaking records until we all die.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mexico-heat-wave-1.7214308

"In the next 10 to 15 days, the country will experience the highest temperatures ever recorded," researchers from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) said in a statement earlier this week. They called the heat wave "unprecedented."

This is fine

. Extreme heat in Mexico, Central America and parts of the U.S. South has left millions of people in sweltering temperatures, strained energy grids and resulted in iconic howler monkeys in Mexico dropping dead from trees.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Quote Extreme heat in Mexico, Central America and parts of the U.S. South has left millions of people in sweltering temperatures, strained energy grids and resulted in iconic howler monkeys in Mexico dropping dead from trees.

So - if a howler monkey drops dead out of a tree from heat and nobody’s there to hear it…… should I insist on two-stroke engines?

53 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What time and what part of it? Don't take any cans. Can Ban is real.

Considerably further downstream from San Marcos, where all the tourist piss flows.

48 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

My weather map says it's snowing in Colorado right now

Buddy of mine video called me this afternoon via Whatsapp from Mary Jane.  I was dying of jealousy.  Snow looked great.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Considerably further downstream from San Marcos, where all the tourist piss flows.

Buddy of mine video called me this afternoon via Whatsapp from Mary Jane.  I was dying of jealousy.  Snow looked great.

Yep, that is the way to do it. I would say go to Martinale if you have the time.

If not, Three Mile Dam can be cool and not a lot of people.

Drove into Austin today to visit the Natural Gardner and get lunch. Yeah, it was hot, but what got me was the air quality. From the 290/I35 overpass you could barely see the downtown skyline.

We drove down from Dallas yesterday and noticed the same thing. Yuck

We drove down from Dallas yesterday and noticed the same thing. Yuck

On 5/25/2024 at 11:51 PM, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, that is the way to do it. I would say go to Martinale if you have the time.

If not, Three Mile Dam can be cool and not a lot of people.

Floating Martindale to Staples today. Kiddo’s first kayak trip. This is my fav stretch on the SM.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/25/2024 at 4:14 PM, troph said:

I thought I was imagining things yesterday when I opened the garage doors and it was as if it was foggy outside. Immediately dripping sweat, I was like, I sweater gawd I can see the humidity! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, B00M said:

I thought I was imagining things yesterday when I opened the garage doors and it was as if it was foggy outside. Immediately dripping sweat, I was like, I sweater gawd I can see the humidity! 

We had to do some work on our cistern - the pipes were dripping from humidity condensation (dew point is high and the temp lower inside the pipes before they hit the cistern). A constant trickle of condensation - easily 5-10 gallons during the day. The air was basically sweating its balls off.

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1

I really thought climate change would be incremental, like 'normal' food inflation prices at a grocery store. If indeed the ball dropped in 2022, it's been a sledgehammer so far. The last 2 summers have been hell and this summer looks no different. Home owners insurance on basically every coastal state has skyrocketed since 2022 due to wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes, wind hail etc. Not to mention the ridiculous temps, both highs in the 105-109 range and lows in the upper 80s.